Thread: Shower Fear

Default Shower Fear

When I was a physical toddler, my mother apparently thought she could force me to be night trained if she treated me badly enough.
    Any morning I woke up wet, I was spanked and put into a totally COLD shower. (It didn't work very well.)
    I found that later on, I would not take showers until much later, maybe 15 or 16 years. I kept to baths. It may have been because of the fear instilled by the bad experiences. Even as an adult, I found that when first getting into a hot shower, it felt cold to me.
    Anyone have a fear of something of this nature?

Well,

Sorry to hear that...

I took took quite a bit of damage in this arena...

In fact it was to the point that at a very early age I just bought my own stuff and took care of my ic myself...right around age 12

I moved out of my parents at just before I turned 16...then left the state to never look back at 18...

I understand it was tough, but cannot understand the methods used...

I was ridiculed and treated bad over this whole issue of ic, hauled to drs and pharmacists all the time...

Openly discussed in not so much of a private matter...

So, sorry to hear that, but it seems to be a common theme from the 70-80's...

B

Like you it was a strict time we were seen and not heard. And if you wet then you were forced into cloth diapers and shamed if you acted like a baby you will be treated like one .
    That caused my trauma that i still lived with and yes you were spanked too.
    You and I lived that time.

Seen and not heard, yes. Parents at the time seemed to think we were robots to be under complete control at all times.

Yes I remember the doctors and pharmacies, and even the hospital. All tests are designed to find out what physical malady was causing the bedwetting, without any regard for the possibility that it could be emotional. (That might put the blame on them instead of us). Hey, how about the no liquids after 4pm trick? Then they wondered why I had urinary infections. Well, Duh! No water to clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by foxkits View Post
    Like you it was a strict time we were seen and not heard. And if you wet then you were forced into cloth diapers and shamed if you acted like a baby you will be treated like one .
    That caused my trauma that i still lived with and yes you were spanked too.
    You and I lived that time.
    Yes, growing up a bed wetter in the 50ís I experienced much the same. Despite the ordeal, in my early teens after two or three years without an accident I began to secretly wet the bed. The sensations combined with memories of my childhood shame were suddenly sexual! Why???