Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: worst physical pain?

marquis

Default worst physical pain?

well I am sitting here nursing a couple of broken ribs and it got me to thinking, what was the worst physical pain you have dealt with? I have had many injuries throughout the years, a result of being male and not too bright, Dont try this at home they say, well I say Ill show you and next thing you know I have limbs bending in the wrong direction. Anyways I would have to say mine was a broken pelvis, you dont realize that your pelvis is at the center of everything, you move your hand or your foot and your pelvis hurts or the worst of all sneeze or cough and you get a pain spike that lasts for hours that no meds can alleviate. So what was the most PHYSICAL pain youve ever been in?

When I sleep face up, my spine disk slips and pinches a million nerves, its almost to the point where the pain it were more intense I would pass out. It even trumps the pain from my back surgery.
    It's a result of my back surgery and wear on the 3 discs I have left that aren't fused., nothing they can really do. It will only get worse as I age.

the worst pain ever was the car wreck i had at 16. 27 compound fractures in my right leg in 1 place the bone was coming through the skin. i also had 3 broke ribs, 2 fractures in my left leg, broken right hand, wrist and my left arm had a hairline fracture and a major cuncussion and cracked skull. worst pain ever. i was lucky i didn't have a seatbelt on and was thrown out the passenger window i was one of only two survivors out of 7 my friend survived by opening the door at the right time he was thrown out by the inertia of the van rolling and suffered only a broken leg and cuncussion.

A broken leg in the early 1980's. Multiple breaks but not compound. My leg was pinned and the rest of my body twisted around. Imagine holding a chicken bone on each end and twisting in opposite directions. The bone shatters.

The orthopedic surgeon I had decided no plates, screws but to just push it all together, align it properly and let it grow back together. At the time he said he had worked on a very well known motorcycle stunt driver. Of course, couldn't name him.

3 casts and 6 months later, I was able to walk. I came out with the leg a half inch shorter than the other. I still can feel a small piece of bone floating around close to the skin.

I'm very grateful to that doctor, I could have very much lost the leg or had a terribly painful, useless limb. But the opposite is true.

Be careful of cars turning left in front of you when you are riding a motorcycle.

Never had any broken bones, fractures or sprains, but getting my wisdom teeth pulled was incredibly painful. I had all four out at once and they were all badly impacted. Could barely open my jaw for two weeks and wasnt able to eat freely without pain for almost a month.

Quote Originally Posted by DeftLeppard View Post
    Never had any broken bones, fractures or sprains, but getting my wisdom teeth pulled was incredibly painful. I had all four out at once and they were all badly impacted. Could barely open my jaw for two weeks and wasnt able to eat freely without pain for almost a month.
    Oh yes, wisdom teeth. I had to have five, yes I had an extra one. 3 impacted and all 5 removed sugically. Fortunately I was knocked out for it but yes, a month of hell followed until I healed.

L5s1 artificial disc replacement surgery. Abs felt like i did 400 plus sit ups! Still recovering

Yeah, mine were surgically removed too and they just knocked me out cold for the whole thing. I wake up and it feels like someone had tried to open my mouth with a car jack.

Quote Originally Posted by DeftLeppard View Post
    Yeah, mine were surgically removed too and they just knocked me out cold for the whole thing. I wake up and it feels like someone had tried to open my mouth with a car jack.
    Yeah, I don't know how they did it but I've always imagined this guy using some sort of spreader to hold my mouth open and then leaning over me with a hammer and chisel in hand. Or maybe, a air powered jack hammer. It sure did feel that way.

I've got a litany of crap.

In kindergarten I was ran over by a car. It was put in park on my leg as the driver didn't know where I was. She was afraid of doing more damage. When she eventually rolled off. My leg was BENT! I was rushed to the hospital. They decided removing rocks from my leg was the priority. (I was on a gravel road) they (without numbing me) took scalpels and tweezers to my leg. That killed.

I was once flipped off a bike (it was sabotaged) and hit chin first going about seventeen mph. I was knocked out for fifteen minutes before help arrived.

I was also hospitalized under suspicion of a heart attack. Apparently I have a reoccurring medical condition called chostochondritice (? Spelling ?).

I think that was the worst. I have migraines... But im mostly good. Oh I was also stabbed once... Never got hospitalized for that
    Last edited by TheEpicTuba; 15-Nov-2013 at 04:42.