Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some Nappy advice please?

Smile Some Nappy advice please?

So I live in the UK and have been using Drynites for maybe a year now on and off.
    I have wanted to try adult nappies for a while now instead of just pull-ups. I have been looking at maybe tena slip maxis?
    I was just wondering if anyone could help me pick the right one for me ...
    -I don't wet alot, so super absorbency isn't a must.
    -I would like one that is fairly possible to un stick and re stick the tabs.
    -I would also like one, if possible that isn't super expensive, but if its worth it then ok!

Like I said, I live in the UK, so ones that are mainly American might be hard to get hold of. I need something that can be shop bought or got online fairly easily.
    As a final note, could anyone help me with sizes if you suggest one? As I am not sure whether to go for mediums or smalls. I am Female, 18 and a UK dress size 10/12 on my lower half.

Thank you! xxx

Quote Originally Posted by CantThinkOfAUsername View Post
    So I live in the UK and have been using Drynites for maybe a year now on and off.
    I have wanted to try adult nappies for a while now instead of just pull-ups. I have been looking at maybe tena slip maxis?
    I was just wondering if anyone could help me pick the right one for me ...
    -I don't wet alot, so super absorbency isn't a must.
    -I would like one that is fairly possible to un stick and re stick the tabs.
    -I would also like one, if possible that isn't super expensive, but if its worth it then ok!

Like I said, I live in the UK, so ones that are mainly American might be hard to get hold of. I need something that can be shop bought or got online fairly easily.
    As a final note, could anyone help me with sizes if you suggest one? As I am not sure whether to go for mediums or smalls. I am Female, 18 and a UK dress size 10/12 on my lower half.

Thank you! xxx
    The tena slip maxi medium would fit you and is a really good plastic-backed nappy. It's well shaped so it's not noticeable if you don't want it to be and it holds plenty. Also I think the fit just looks very nice too, so I'd definitely recommend. I get my delivered to a local pharmacy who charge under 13 for 24.

Another, slightly cheaper option is the Lille suprem fit. They are a bit of a bigger cut so are a more noticeable but not too much of an issue. They hold quite a lot but tend to sag after a while. Also they are cloth backed so if this is an issue then stay away.

In a pinch there are the boots staydry nappies, but they're really bad and have a very offputting smell and look to them.

If there's anything else you want to know then do ask.

Also have fun, it's a rewarding road you're going down. I hope you enjoy it

If your boss has paid you generously this month, try Abena Abri-Form M4.. a bit more expensive but this nappy is very thirsty. I usually get them off Amazon.co.uk

I have to agree with the tena slips if you are looking for something which is still quite discreet but will hold a hell of a lot more than the goodnites you are used to. I know asda used to stock them so if you prefer to buy them from a store that may be a good place to look but last time I checked they only had large and not maxi's they were the one level below option.

If you are looking for something more bulky then I would suggest the m4's as they are a great nappy with amazing absorption.

Umm depending on how much of a girly girl you are molicares are purple and I havent had any massive problems apart from the tapes not being fantastic but they do have a second so you can retape it again.

Finally if you would like something babyish then I dont think you can go wrong with cuddlz for a uk ab nappy.

I forgot to add somethings, for size I would probably suggest a medium and also could you expand on the stick and unstick bit. How many times would you be looking to readjust the tabs??

I hope this is helpful.

Check out AB Universe, they have some great diapers there. I have been using the Super Dry kids, and the cushers,,, I love them both!

I thought abu was American so the shipping costs are mahoosive??

I usually order from http://www.airoliver.de.
    They have a huge selection of nappies at good prices. They are very reliable and AB minded.

Shipping costs in the EU are not that bad.

I have to agree with pinkpanther, I also use airoliver, or there parent company, just got M4s for 11.11 euros per pack, good and thick, really nice to wear as well.

If you don't need super absorbency, then you might be OK with Tena Slip Super, rather than Maxi.

The tabs on the Tena range are very repositionable. The only time I've run into issues is when I've got powder or rash cream on the tabs accidentally (even a very slight amount will take out all of the stick).

Another brand to consider is Cuddlz. They're quite expensive, but I love the look and feel of them, usually the all-white version, but I also like the two-taped all over print.

something i tried recently are a tye of cloth napy from amazon

there are fairy discreet ones not very noisy if at all due to being cloth ones.

i think for a pack of 20 of the its about 111 pound plus 4-5 pound for the delivery but they might be worth a try. ican give you a link if you want it ok !