Thread: Results from Doctors Visit 12th Nov

Default Results from Doctors Visit 12th Nov

The doc looked at my bladder diary and reviewed it in detail. He then did a sonagram - guess that is what it is called - it could tell how much urine was still in my bladder after I had emptied -

He also did inserted a tube with a camera on it and looked at my urethra, bladder spincter, and bladder. He said that that all looked ok. Thank goodness for that.

He concluded that I probably have a combination of urge and over active bladder. He wants me to void every two hours during the day and see if that helps. He also said that it could be that in me noticing that I was leaking and having had two accidents (wet pants) that I am probably lots more aware. He said that he could find nothing wrong and wants to try the voiding first before he jumps into any meds. I told him that unless I was really sure about the reaction of any med with my other meds that I was reluctant to go that route. He thought that doing the voiding routine and Kegel excercise (which he said he did not think would help but for sure would not hurt to do and just might help) that it could be that the problem will go away.

Well we will see. I do hope so.

Good luck. God knows none of the meds have done a darned thing for me yet. My next appointment is tomorrow.

I'm glad they didn't find anything "bad" on one side....

But if they found an issue maybe it could be fixed...

I've had all sorts of things jabbed, inserted, left inside, yanked out, cut, even a rath large metal rod! Yep google urethra dilation...

So, just don't let the dr talk you into something...and if it's anything invasive get a second opinion...

I totally agree with you bigbabybret - I am not going to let the doctor talk me into anything meds or otherwise usless i have a long talk with my GP at a min.
    The idea of having to go to the bathroom every two hours is bad. Normally I go when I first get up (generally between 230 and 330 am - wake up due to having to go pee), I go again before I go to work. Then normally I go at 11 or 12 before I go for a walk. The thing is every two hours. Hell my problem is I am CFO and get working on a project or am in meetings and having to try to keep to that schedule is going to be bad. Somedays I could keep to that but most days probably not. Personally I will give it a good try but I am not going to stop wearing a diaper just in case I dont make it or am leaking. I hate wet pants at work. So far wearing a diaper and plastic pants has not caused me any problems. Yes the diaper is wet and somedays fairly soaked before I get home. I do carry diapers in my briefcase. The thing is I really do not want to have to change at work. I just feel uncomfortable doing that. I do not think that anyone has noticed the diaper that I am wearing. If it does happen I have at least gone to the doctor and found out what is going on. No solution to the problem yet but that protects me just incase someone does notice.

I know I am going to have to tell my mate about what is going on. My mate pays all the bills including my credit card bill and I am sure she will notice the Urologist charge. I am the one that picks up the mail so when it comes in I am going to talk to her then. I have been reluctant to talk to her about this. It is so damn strange. I do have problems in getting an erection. Lucky for me she also has problems and brought up the fact that she found having sexual intercourse to be painful. I then told her about me having erection problems and that I had been worried how she would react to me telling her. We have been married for over 25 years and yes sex is not not part of our lives but hell there is lots more to a relationship than the sex. What is strange is that I actually feel more embaressed about this incontinence issue than when I told her about the other problem. I did not have any mental issues with the erection thing - and no the doctor say no way I should do any drugs to help with the erection issue. I guess that it is that I just feel old. Now why I did not feel this way when the erection thing happen I do not know. The incontinence thing however really is bumming me out - hell I am only 65 and yet sure as hell do not feel 65.

I know that she will respond in a loving manner and mainly want to know that the doctor said and what he suggest doing about the problem. I know she will ask how I have been dealing with the problem in the past. However the biggest thing she will ask is why did I not tell her. The answer to that is I was just to damn embaressed.

No she does not know anything about me using diapers for fun in the past. I have been so super careful in that.

I have been wearing the diaper under my pants at home for the last couple of weeks and lucky for me but they do not make any noise or show. At night I have also slept in them but the way I have dealt with that was to just wear my underwear over them. The other thing I have done at home is to just wear the thinest diaper (pull-up) and put a pad in it. That does seem to keep me for accidently having my pants get wet.

The thing that I would so like to resolve is the issue of broken sleep. Hell going to bed between 9 and 10 pm and then waking at 230 to 330 am sucks. It could be that once I talk to her about what is going on she will be the one to say something like well that explains your lousy sleep patterns. Still I am not looking forward to the conversation with her about the problem.

I'd be surprised if she hasn't noticed you being different...she either does or has an idea something is up...

Realistically, I'd tell her the truth, you and the dr don't know what's up...

I'm sure they have ruled out uti and cancer and such...that's a good start...

But, me to with things, I'm not really hiding and issue...just why start speculation until you know what it least that's me...but you sound similar in mindset...

As for fun diaper wearing, that really isn't the issue...even though you have some guilt there, which I feel is why your more embarrassed about this...

But, the fact is, your having a medical issue, seen the dr, and at this point I'd just tell her exactly what's going on...

Let her know your talking to the dr and they don't know what's up...and maybe tell her the things they have ruled out...

Having a conversation with your wife/gf about an issue that is unknown isn't really a help much...just comforting her that your working on it and when something is diagnosed you will let her know...

I find talks with your s.o. Isn't very productive when there are more questions than answers...

But, she will notice you going to the head every two hours...and she will know why your doing it...

As for why you didn't tell her, you were waiting for an answer...plain and simple...

Me, I've got more unknown issues than known it seems like...I usually get about one maybe two hours of sleep in a's tough...

Then I'll get to the point where I'm so sleep deprived my body just shuts down...I'll fall asleep and an hour or two later end up sleepwalking...causing more sleep deprivation and more sleepwalking...vicious cycle that's hard to mitigate...

Now, Ive had issues with ic forever...but, over the last years since going through a windshield it's gotten much worse...

Now, I'm not sure what tests exactly have been completed and what the results are...but, remember the dr is still practicing, and they don't know everything...

Like the joke goes...

What's the difference between a doctor and god...

God doesn't think he's a doctor!

Back on topic again, I'd just tell her that your having some tests run and nothing is known at this point...More as a heads up about bills, and questions about going every two hours and such...

And even without any for fun guilt, this subject is much more embarrassing and less talked about than e.d.

As for guilt about using for fun, just try to disregard that, it's not anything to do with the issue at hand...even though they use the same device, diaper, using for fun isn't in the realm of concern...

Look at it like this...if you liked running an electric cart...then broke your leg...would you feel guilty using an electric cart to get around?

So, hope everything gets figured out...and I'm sure the wife will understand that you not trying to hide it, more just not wanting to spin your wheels talking about an issue that doesn't even have a name or cause yet alone a fix.

I'm sure your mate will be understanding. After all, this is a medical condition, and certainly something to which you have no control. When I told my wife I had a diaper fetish, she was very understanding, and that is a lot more out of the curve then having a problem with incontinence.