Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: positons during wetting

Default positons during wetting

what is the best way to be when wetting a diaper. stand sitting laying down ect

Quote Originally Posted by lindland1 View Post
    It really just depends on the person. For me when I was first trying to get started wetting, I needed to be standing. It would take awhile of getting used to everything for me to be able to wet while laying down. Now wetting while laying down is very easy for me.

So I can't really say that there is a best way. It varies from person to person.

I found it easier to stand up and that's still the easiest way. Lying down is harder as you have been conditioned all these years not to wet the bed lying down. This may sound strange, but you need to practice and experiment to see what works best for you. Most important - relax and don't force it. Try standing next to running water like the sink.

Quote Originally Posted by lindland1 View Post
    For the 'best' way I guess that's personal preference. The easiest I assume is standing or sitting because that's how most people pee at the toilet. The way with the least chance to leak: no idea I'll get back to you once I get some diapers to try!

I've only tried to wet lying down once and I couldn't manage it even though I really needed to go, but having read some threads here it seems it's quite common to have difficulty with that.

robbw

I wet my bed every night so obviously I have no problems wetting laying down. I never stopped wetting at night even after I got potty trained in the day so mom never took me out of night diapers. I'm still in night diapers and if I forget to put my diapers on before bed I will wake up in the middle of the night in a puddle. Its cold too so I generally don't forget my diapers! When I wake up in wet diapers they feel comfortable. The plastic pants keep them warm and they don't feel uncomfortable at all. I have noticed when I wake up with soaked diapers when I get out of bed and stand up I always wet more. I suspect when I wet laying in bed I don't empty fully and what's left comes out when I stand up. I wonder if this is the case with toddlers and babies too?

I myself can wet in any position. The best is standing, but main thing is not to flood if possible. When flooding the diaper can't absorb it fast enough
    to prevent leaks. If you control the flow it will help with leaks. It will also depend on what diaper your wearing. Sitting can be the worst for leaking
    especially squeeze out in a soaked diaper. Premium diapers are the best as almost all them have leak guards.

It does take practice though in learning how to wet in all positions. I have urge IC so for me it isn't much of problem in any position. Also my volume isn't
    as much as it used to be.

In cloth and plastic pants, the best position (not leaking) for me is standing or lying on my back. When standing the excess accumulates in the low hanging crotch from which it slowly wicks into every square inch of the diaper. On back, once front is saturated the excess runs to crotch and backside totally saturating the cloth.

I am pretty good at standing up but either way i still run it the problem as to what to do when it leeks around the top of the diaper i am very careful not to let it leek but i can never fill y diaper completely like i ge t the strong urge to i go but still feel like hereis alot that needs to come out but doesn't

I agree with you. Really depends. I can go in an position even walking and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattew View Post
    It really just depends on the person. For me when I was first trying to get started wetting, I needed to be standing. It would take awhile of getting used to everything for me to be able to wet while laying down. Now wetting while laying down is very easy for me.

So I can't really say that there is a best way. It varies from person to person.