Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: has the UK onesie craze made abdls more accepted in society

Default has the UK onesie craze made abdls more accepted in society

hey not been on here for a while but i cant help but notice that more and more that abdl seems to be growing and society seems to a a little more accepting of it. maybe its just cause ive started to accept myself more that ime noticing it who knows.

but as the title says do you think that the onesie craze (which looks like its here to stay for awhile) has contributed to abdls becoming more accepted in society ?

Quote Originally Posted by Justice91 View Post
    hey not been on here for a while but i cant help but notice that more and more that abdl seems to be growing and society seems to a a little more accepting of it. maybe its just cause ive started to accept myself more that ime noticing it who knows.

but as the title says do you think that the onesie craze (which looks like its here to stay for awhile) has contributed to abdls becoming more accepted in society ?
    I don't think you can draw a straight line between adults doing/wearing things which are previously considered "childish" and say that ABDLs are becoming accepted.
    If it is good for us, it's good for us in the same way that less rigid gender roles have been good for women and LGBT people - when the expectations of how you should act are less strict, and there's less emphasis on everyone having to act the same way, then that helps non-conforming people be accepted. If trends like onesies and Bronys help break down the divisions between "stuff for grown-ups" and "stuff for kids" then that sets a small precedent in the culture that people can work with when they have to come out to partners or family. However, I've no doubt that somewhere there's someone sitting at home in a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Onesie, sucking from a carton of apple juice through a straw and posting "WTF, R U SICK??" under ABDL videos on Youtube: there's still a big difference between adults doing things which are considered childish, but are acceptable and "cool" for adults... and adults putting on nappies and wetting themselves for pleasure.

There are times I dress toddlerish at work or whatever and people think it's cute, or maybe ironic, but if they realized that it went a bit beyond that, they might be a bit perturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    I don't think you can draw a straight line between adults doing/wearing things which are previously considered "childish" and say that ABDLs are becoming accepted.
    If it is good for us, it's good for us in the same way that less rigid gender roles have been good for women and LGBT people - when the expectations of how you should act are less strict, and there's less emphasis on everyone having to act the same way, then that helps non-conforming people be accepted. If trends like onesies and Bronys help break down the divisions between "stuff for grown-ups" and "stuff for kids" then that sets a small precedent in the culture that people can work with when they have to come out to partners or family. However, I've no doubt that somewhere there's someone sitting at home in a My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Onesie, sucking from a carton of apple juice through a straw and posting "WTF, R U SICK??" under ABDL videos on Youtube: there's still a big difference between adults doing things which are considered childish, but are acceptable and "cool" for adults... and adults putting on nappies and wetting themselves for pleasure.
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with everything. Consider that probably the majority of people have a little side that they are unaware of. People like acting goofy. They like to watch kids shows, not only MLP but also things like Monsters University. Tons of people watch it, but it is geared towards kids. People say things like, "Man, kids have it so easy, i wish i could go back to then." or maybe, "I wish i had as much energy as them." On days like christmas, poeple remember when christmas was so exciting as a kid. I feel like there is a general envy towards childhood, however people cant understand why someone would persue fulfilling that envy, in at least the way possible that AB's have found.

I would say not regarding public acceptance or understanding, but the fashion craze has two advantages - ,1 availability and at a mas produced rather than custom made price, and 2, fashionability means less hassle on purchasing the items or if asked about one in ones wardrobe when it is not really the right time or person to have a serious conversation about such things.

Gonna go with no based on some of the tweets I saw after 15 stone baby aired.

I think MsClaraRiddle and Tiger have hit the nail on the head on this one. Though I don't fully agree with the fetish side because how I went way too far with it; I agree with you guys. I think it is completely ridiculous that so many would attack their own kind because they think we are giving their label a bad name. My only line that I draw is when people post clop fics and expect parents to know about it.

I had a person on a forum get in my face and called me and the others names that hurt. Just because some one likes something that you do does not mean they like it for the exact reasons you do. It is because of them that we have shame. We should be able to do the things we enjoy without others opinions. I think the world would have been a better place if there was no hatred or judgment from humanity.

Hey Thanks for the replies to the thread. I do still think it has at least got some positive points. In my own case it has made conversations a little easier. :-)

I don't think it's helped in the slightest, but that's because the general public don't necessarily make the connection between onesies and abdl.

Makes it easier to hide in plain view, though. If I want to dress more little it's not going to raise as many eyebrows.