Thread: Things with the girlfriend.

Default Things with the girlfriend.

Some of you wanted me to keep you informed of how things are with my girlfriend, which I had recently came out to. Things are going well, she seems to embrace it more than I am as of right now, I've just had a bit of a rough time accepting myself because I want to be perfect, you know how it is, holding yourself to higher standards than you hold others. We really are doing well though, she means a lot to me, the fact that she appreciates this side of me and my vulnerability and understands it is a little surprising, but a welcome surprise. I find that I talk about this a lot nowadays with her, just trying to figure out the origin of it and figuring out exactly how far it goes.

Feel free to give me feedback or suggestions.
    I always appreciate the advice of others because I feel that through listening you can learn a thing or two.
    I hope you all are well.

It's always good to hear of a successful support story! Communication is the key!

Having someone so special to talk it over with is of great value. It should help you and her to get better understanding and learn to live with it. Regardless of what level she chooses to engage, it is good to have her on your side.

Quote Originally Posted by Bears View Post
    I've just had a bit of a rough time accepting myself because I want to be perfect, you know how it is, holding yourself to higher standards than you hold others.

Glad to hear things are going well.

A couple of things to remember as you two go down the diaper trail. Don't dominate your life or hers with diapers. Don't dominate the conversation with diapers.

Remember too, this is an awesome opportunity for her to open up to you. Let it happen organically. Be real and be genuine. When a diaper commercial comes on TV make a joke about yourself. One time when that happened my gf changed the channel and I said 'What are you doing? That was a diaper commercial!' I just looked at her as if she was breaking some rule or something. Absolutely hilarious for both of us.

Now that this is out for you, you will notice how many references to diapers there are out there. When they happen those are the small 'organic' moments where you can continue to show your vulnerability and confidence by being light-hearted about those moments. If you show your confidence in it she will respond. People respond to confidence, and if you project confidence in who you are and what you do she should be attracted to that aspect of you, of which has nothing to do with diapers.

If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

I actually had another update but I believe I should just turn this into a blog, I appreciate it dprluv and we're actually already going down the discovery road :P.

And I appreciate being able to hear from multiple people what to do in certain situations.

One thing I did that really helped solidify things between me and my gf was one time I was wearing nothing but a diaper and I stood there and looked at her and said thanks for allowing me to fully express who I am. This seemingly little thing showed her that I was confident in who I am, I accepted who I am, and that I was graciously thanking her for her open-mindedness and acceptance of who I am. It may sound sexist, but women love that shit.

Sounds like things are going well. Glad I could help in even some small way. And if you haven't gotten to that point yet, diaper sex is amazing.

I think the main thing you need to remember is that YOU are the AB or DL and she is not, and that she may never gravitate towards it in the same way you have. Don't set youself up on unrealistic expectations because she may never get to where you want her to be, with diapers that is. Actually, she will probably never feel the same intensity you feel about wearing diapers. You just have to remember that it is okay to have an accepting partner who supports and endorses your desires. Do the same for her and you two can have lots of fun and happyness! In and out of diapers

Yeah start a blog with this. I am interested in helping in any way and to know from time to time how things are going.