Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you superstitious?

Default Are you superstitious?

Do you have any superstitions? I won't walk under a ladder mostly because I'm afraid something will fall on my head!

Not in the least. I figure I have had more then my share of bad luck in life, it can't possibly get any worse, so if I have the chance to, I will walk under one, as long as no one is at the top of it! Black cats, own one, so that one is out the window too! lol

i wont walk under ladders either. i try not to break mirrors but other than those two things i dont think there is anything else

I don't give into any of them ... So, no I guess I am not superstitious.

Nope. I've never understood how anyone could explain them! I mean... what could make a particular number "unlucky"? And by what mechanism does a broken mirror cause an unrelated chain of events...? How can someone believe in ghosts/fairies/gods/demons/monsters/witchcraft without some kind of material proof...?

And why do people always have the same sorts of superstition? Why don't you see people who believe that, if you eat a melon, your ears and eyebrows switch places? Or that sneezing on a Tuesday makes your legs fall off? If people are gonna dream up crazy stuff, why not have a bit of fun with it?!

lol I have a black cat on my lap right now ^.^
    And a pinch of salt just in case (nah)

Superstition?

Meh, the only thing I'm superstitious of are other people.

Or is that paranoia?

Definetly paranoia Mr. Fox, and don't forget, they are watching you!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticMrFox View Post
    Superstition?

Meh, the only thing I'm superstitious of are other people.

Or is that paranoia?

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    Do you have any superstitions? I won't walk under a ladder mostly because I'm afraid something will fall on my head!
    That sounds more like prudence than superstition.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    How can someone believe in ghosts/fairies/gods/demons/monsters/witchcraft without some kind of material proof...?
    So you shouldn't believe in something unless you possess material proof?