Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: turning 21 and scared

Default turning 21 and scared

So my question to you all is how do you drink and not tell the people you love your darkest secret bue to being to drunk sorry wrong spot did this from my phone help still welcomed

Well... what kind of stuff do you say when you get drunk? If you have a history of telling everyone your deepest secrets, stop drinking so much! Otherwise, don't worry about it.

I think it's important to understand the effect alcohol has on you.

Alcohol isn't truth serum. What it does do however is lower inhibitions (aka that voice of reason that stops you from doing things that you want to do). If you have no desire to tell people, you probably won't. If it's something you've wanted to do for a while but haven't for various logical reasons.. avoid getting excessively drunk.

Personally I've gotten pretty damned hammered and never blurted out "hey guys, you know I'm into bondage and diapers??!!??!". But I don't have any desire to tell anyone about this stuff.

Also there is nothing saying you _have_ to drink because you are of legal age. And if you do drink, nothing saying you have to get completely wasted. Being drunk isn't an on-off switch, and a few beers might make you say something about a friend/co-worker that is in poor judgment/around the wrong people.. but it's not likely to make you say something you've made a prior decision not to say.

I've never come out with anything like that when drinking. But I understand where your coming from. I kept away from drugs for the same reason. (Not that I'm sorry about that) I think you'll be fine. Just take it easy.

Everyone is a little different but my own personal experience is that my reflexes are slowed and balance suffers. My inhibitions may slacken some but it's not like you can't still control yourself or think, you don't become mindless like how Hollywood portrays it. And then after a couple hours I get really, really sleepy and will lay down somewhere and wake up the next morning, generally with either a blanket on me or a Sharpie penis on my cheek, depending on the company I was keeping when drinking.

Yeah, as has been said before .... if it is something you are concerned about then don't drink to get drunk. And i don't know why you would want to drink like that anyways considering the next day is usually just horrible with a hangover and the likes.

As people have said, yes you might be 21 and able to drink but that doesn't mean you have to drink. And if you choose to drink then you also can choose to only have 1 or 2 and leave it at that (in which case you probably won't be drunk but may be a bit tipsy if you aren't used to the alcohol) or you can choose to get wasted. Personally, i don't see the appeal to that kind of thing so i make the choice to not drink. And if i do drink it will be like 1 glass of wine that i enjoy and that is it.

Once you know what alcohol does to your body you will be fine. Everyone is different and some people get drunk when drinking only small amounts of alcohol and others have to drink a fair bit before they start feeling tipsy. Figure out where you lie on that scale (hopefully doing that safely) and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek61 View Post
    Yeah, as has been said before .... if it is something you are concerned about then don't drink to get drunk. And i don't know why you would want to drink like that anyways considering the next day is usually just horrible with a hangover and the likes.
    I agree with this. I have been drinking for years, and I have rarely gotten drunk. As far as I am concerned, one is supposed to enjoy drinking, so why overdo it and make something pleasant become unpleasant? "Know thyself" and "nothing in excess" were carved into a temple at Delphi, and I believe that such Delphic inscriptions constitute useful advice when it comes to the subject at hand.

Know your limits and don't let yourself get too far gone. I've been outright asked, "What are your Fetishes" while having had a few too many and haven't given it away. Its all about self control

OP you've gotten some great advice already so nothing I say will really make a significant difference. Refer to BoundCoder's post. That sums up my feelings. I've gotten blackout drunk multiple times and have never told anyone about me being a DL. I almost came out of the closet inadvertently, but they were just little things I would say that people look at me and go "Wait, what did you just say?" But a lot of my friends do borderline gay stuff that we all attribute to being funny/ridiculous. As long as I don't panic about it, they shrug it off.