Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you do when you see someone, not a baby, with diapers?

Default What do you do when you see someone, not a baby, with diapers?

Nothing disturbing, please.

What I mean is, if you see someone with a package of diapers, again, not for a baby, or if they take a diaper into a bathroom, etc., what goes through your mind?

As for me, I don't stare, but I covertly glance over a couple times and move on. This type of thing only happened to me once. When I was at CVS, not on a diaper run, I saw a girl I recognized from my old school, who is now in the seventh grade, in line with a package of girls' GoodNites. Needless to say, I thought about that one for a while, but in hindsight, she might have been picking up diapers for a sibling. Weird, huh?

Butterfly Mage

Well, if it's an age-specific product (like Goodnights), I usually assume that there's someone in the household that needs it. But I certainly don't immediately think "TB".

Yeah or maybe they themselves need it but either way if I saw someone carrying diapers around a store acting like they are trying to hide what they are buying I might look into it but otherwise I have more important things to do when I go to the store

I've seen a couple people (adults) with Goodnites...I may look at the person's butt to see a diaper bulge (but I do that for a lot of people), and if I don't see one (I pretty much never do), I just assume they have a kid

I don't think much of it most of the time. But one of the last times I was at Costco a guy who did seam rather old was returning a case of Depend Underwear. Though one certainly can't blame anyone for that though right?

baby kiffer

In middle school, there were these mentally-challenged kids who wore diapers. Their diapers were pretty obvious, and I must admit I envied them.

However, I could care less now.

Sometimes, these things phase me, but they pass quickly. I could care less about whether somebody else was wearing diapers. As far as I'm concerned, a diaper is just another type of undergarment; it's not a big deal. I might as well stare at underwear or boxers...(yuck)

I seem to see adults with diapers (purchasing, not wearing) rather often. Usually I'll see someone buying some form of adult incontinence product, whether it be depends, store brand or poise pads a lot of times that I go to Wal-Mart. They don't seem to care at all that they are buying them and sometimes I am quite sure that they must be for themselves, example of a few times that I've seen an elderly lady with some poise pads in her cart, they are likely for her. I've also seen parents with their kids in tow buying goodnites, so my assumption is that the goodnites would be for one of them, I remember one time when it was a mom with two kids, one infant, and one probably around age 6-7, putting the goodnites up on the counter, I would really bet that they were for the kid.

The thing is, nobody I have seen buying diapers have seemed phased by it, nor has a cashier ever said anything to them, at least from what I have seen.

On the other hand, I used to work with physically & mentally challenged teens and a number of them wore diapers and some of the more seriously handicapped required that they be changed by us. It didn't really phase me, they needed them for a real reason. The only thing was that I kind of felt bad for them, I mean that I can wear them because I like them. They, on the other hand, probably did not care much for wearing them and had no choice so I really felt for them.

Pat them on the bum.
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 22-Dec-2008 at 05:20.

I can only recall one time where I saw someone buying diapers, and it was an elderly woman buying depends.
    She must have been in her 70s or 80s, so I didn't really think much of it.

Matrix Blade

Occasionally in a while, I'll see an older person (55 and older) with a pack, and I'll think nothing off it.

However, on a few occasions I've seen younger people with a pack of Depends or something like that. They normally don't seem to care that they're buying diapers. It makes me think something like "weird" and "interesting". But I never pursue it beyond that.