Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's up with me

Default So what's up with me

Loved sissies and the lifestyle as long as I could remember. Thought I was a TG in middle school, currently I don't think I'm a TG, but if I had the choice, I'd pick being a girl. Love crossdressing, being feminine, all that stuff. And cuddling big strong males.

On the other hand, I like mostly male activities, like fishing (have no qualms about gutting and cleaning a fish on the spot), gun/bow shooting, playing with knives, games, golf, drinkin' beer, etc. I dislike normal girl activities like shopping, nail and spa related things, etc.

So is there a reason/term for this? Or am I just weird \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    On the other hand, I like mostly male activities, like fishing (have no qualms about gutting and cleaning a fish on the spot), gun/bow shooting, playing with knives, games, golf, drinkin' beer, etc. I dislike normal girl activities like shopping, nail and spa related things, etc.
    Would you consider that the opinion that these views might be sexist and that you're pushing that sexisim onto yourself and your activities?

It's a pretty common stereotype, for a reason. Let's not turn this back around on me.

Loved sissies and the lifestyle as long as I could remember. Thought I was a TG in middle school, currently I don't think I'm a TG, but if I had the choice, I'd pick being a girl.
    Love crossdressing, being feminine, all that stuff. And cuddling big strong males.

from someone who did just that;
    picked to step out as a girl one day and never look back...
    go for it!
    but i got to tell you that the follow-through isn't as easy as it sounds.

as far as some sort of convenient term or label, well that is between you and who ever you confide in for counseling. and of course what ever is politically correct at the time.... "weird" most certainly not being one such term just now.
    welcome to the club (smile)

lodge wrecker.....

I'm similar in that I like fishing, sports, male related hobbies like woodworking, etc, and don't especially like shopping, at least not with my wife. I don't have TG feelings, but I have lived with and loved a few males in my time.

I think what AshleyAshes is saying is that male activities vs. female activities can be a construct of society. Of course, being male, there are certain stereotypical activities we are going to identify with, because they reflect our natural skill sets. But sexuality is fluid, and doesn't necessarily have to live by the rules, so to speak. There are so many exceptions to the rules, that the discussion of sex and role identity begins to lose the strict borders that 1950's society placed on them. Society as a whole, has moved away from some of the constructs.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    from someone who did just that;
    picked to step out as a girl one day and never look back...
    go for it!
    but i got to tell you that the follow-through isn't as easy as it sounds.

as far as some sort of convenient term or label, well that is between you and who ever you confide in for counseling. and of course what ever is politically correct at the time.... "weird" most certainly not being one such term just now.
    welcome to the club (smile)

lodge wrecker.....
    Thanks for the input. And I called myself weird, not any of you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I'm similar in that I like fishing, sports, male related hobbies like woodworking, etc, and don't especially like shopping, at least not with my wife. I don't have TG feelings, but I have lived with and loved a few males in my time.

I think what AshleyAshes is saying is that male activities vs. female activities can be a construct of society. Of course, being male, there are certain stereotypical activities we are going to identify with, because they reflect our natural skill sets. But sexuality is fluid, and doesn't necessarily have to live by the rules, so to speak. There are so many exceptions to the rules, that the discussion of sex and role identity begins to lose the strict borders that 1950's society placed on them. Society as a whole, has moved away from some of the constructs.
    that's a pretty good way to describe it. thanks to you as well

You're not weird, just a normal sexual being. There are many others just like you and many enjoy the best of both worlds (genders). I felt this way from the early age of six and still do at 70+ years. Just accept yourself as this attraction will be with you your whole life. You can either enjoy it or keep yourself miserable worrying. I prefer to just have fun with it.

Loved sissies and the lifestyle as long as I could remember. Thought I was a TG in middle school, currently I don't think I'm a TG, but if I had the choice, I'd pick being a girl. Love crossdressing, being feminine, all that stuff. And cuddling big strong males.

I think it's normal to want a label for ourselves. It validates the way we are - it's a way of saying "I'm normal - what I do is a real thing!"" That's why we were all relieved to hear that being ABDL, or a furry, or a sissy or LG, were real things that other people felt.

Thing is, we all have our unique emotional, gender, and sexual makeup. There's not one label that can easily describe any one person. Using myself as an example: I'm a straight male who enjoys watching sports and being outdoors, but I also have an interest in being a woman occasionally, and doing more female activities. My cross dressing can be either for sexual or for emotional reasons. My little side is 100% female, and 100% non-sexual. So, got a label for me? It's the same with you, and everyone else. In the end, there are broad categories, like AB, transgender, cross dresser...but we're all our own unique people.

You coukd come.up with a few words to describe who you are if you need to explain it to a significant other. In the end, though, you're you - and you're ok, whoever you are! Have fun exploring, trying things out, and figuring out what sort of things you like. Maybe you'll want to consider SRS. Maybe you'll want to remain a guy with occasional vacations into femininity. Maybe your interests will change. Either way, you're you, and you're ok the way you are.

(Also, who says a lady can't clean a fish? You can be anyone and do anything you want to! )

I would call you a butch.

Or perhaps someone who has not been pigeonholed by gender norms?

I still work on my classic cars, I just have a work skirt instead of sweatpants, and my hair gets in the way.

First thing I want to say is that it is perfectly okay to be wondering if there is a term/reason for this. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
    When people say it is sexist to be asking these questions, it's not.

For example, If I were a biological male, and I enjoyed stereotypical female roles, but identified as "Male" No one will call me sexist. They'll say "Good for you! You don't let your gender define you!"

But if I were a biological male, and I enjoyed stereotypical female roles, but identified as "Female" People might say "That's sexist! Just because you like female roles now you think you must be a woman?! Is that what you think being a woman is all about?!"

And that's not fair. If you're going to start calling it "sexist" then you have to start asking yourself "What is gender anyway?"
    What defines it? Our genitals? The way we dress? The roles we take on? Is it what society considers "Masculine behavior" Or "Feminine Behavior"?

Anyways, You are not weird!!

It is okay to search for terms for things or to ask "why?", we do this so we can find a place to start to better understand ourselves.

This has been my experience, and it has helped me enjoy life so much more than I could have imagined, I just do what I feel like doing.

Dogboy's advice "Sexuality is fluid" is 100% right, and very wise advice. Maybe it doesn't play out that way for everyone, but picking out labels oftentimes results in us trying to act accordingly to the labels we select. We become confused when our desires aren't consistent. For a lot of people, they will never be.

I decided "I'll never know what I truly was until the end of my life. Until then, I am going to do what I feel is right, and what is me."
    -Dress however you like to dress
    -Date whatever genders you want to date
    -Take on whichever roles feel right to you, masculine or feminine
    -Do whatever things you like to do, masculine or feminine
    -Express yourself however you feel that day

Make yourself open to all the possibilities. Don't overlook any just because you feel it doesn't match the label you think you identify as. You will learn more and more about yourself as you go along!

I guess what i'm saying in short is: It's okay to try to find labels/terms, but don't let them confuse you.

I see these labels as "describing tools", for many people they fit and they help. If you do some research, and a term really sticks out to you and it is perfect, that is great!! If it doesn't, that's fine too!

Maybe this will help: Genderbread Man

It helps you to realize what some of the different factors are in understanding yourself, it might be a good place to start if you want a better understanding

Look at the different areas on the chart, there are different variables. You can organize your thoughts and understanding better! Based on what you figure out from this chart, maybe a term will fit you! If not, at least you will be able to understand these different areas of yourself better.

Usually when people ask me how I "Identify" I just describe some of my tendencies to them and explain that there is no where (that I know of) that I truly fit.

It's also normal to describe yourself as "A dash of this, a dash of that" or to have mixed tendencies and things like that.

Also, I apologize if you know all of this already and i'm just giving you tons of useless information! If any of this helps, or gives you further questions, I would encourage you to ask!