Thread: what will it take for adut baby diapers to be made?

Default what will it take for adut baby diapers to be made?

There are a lot of posts saying "I wish this came in adult sizes" or "please pampers make these bigger" and most people will respond ,reasonably, that there is no reason for these companies to make their baby diapers in adult sizes and that hey would loose money because of negative publicity. I'm here to ask what would cause them to make baby diapers in adult sizes. What sort of event, protest, or celebrity come out would it take for these companies to make a move on the AB/DL market?
    Personally I think it would take several actresses/celebrities coming out as AB for them to consider it and it would have to be well known or well liked celebrities for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by blablafreckenlover View Post
    There are a lot of posts saying "I wish this came in adult sizes" or "please pampers make these bigger" and most people will respond ,reasonably, that there is no reason for these companies to make their baby diapers in adult sizes and that hey would loose money because of negative publicity. I'm here to ask what would cause them to make baby diapers in adult sizes. What sort of event, protest, or celebrity come out would it take for these companies to make a move on the AB/DL market?
    Personally I think it would take several actresses/celebrities coming out as AB for them to consider it and it would have to be well known or well liked celebrities for that matter.
    Even if celebs came out as AB a company would not start making a product just to cater to a niche crowd. Don't be silly.

Nothing would, no matter what a niche market isn't worth risking brand name. Now if celebs came out, you might see a bit of interest in new AB diaper companies, but even then I'd have doubts. That though is where I think people should put their focus, instead of in a pipedream, hell someone might (MIGHT) be able to make a decent amount of money if they could figure out what it is ABDLs want from baby diapers and turn that into a quality ABDL diaper (of course they can't use licensed characters, because of the same issues).

due to ample examples of negative publicity surrounding ab/dl people on the internet, i would say that all the baby diaper manufacturers would not want to even consider catoring to such a market

Ok,

So what does say pampers or Kimberly Clark have in the way of making adult baby diapers...

They make depends already...same company...

It's not like thier line is setup for such a size either...

So, the have some ground in marketing, but not really in this area...

So bottom line...they already have a product that sells gangbusters...depends!

If they were to tool up for an adult sized pampers...that production would not run on the same line as regular pampers...in fact they have a line for each size...in fact more than one line for each size...

So, they'd have the name pampers...that's all they have for this market in ways of tangible headway into market...

To tool up an entire line and start production would outway any brand recognition headway they already have...except the few Abdl that really want that name...

An outside interest can compete againsted them in this area head on...it's small qty of products and any scale of industry would be moot at best, in fact they would be playing catchup with the bambino and fabine lines etc...that are already running...

Now, I'm sure they have run a cost/benefit on this area already, and have found it not in thier favor...

Like compare super cars, the amg's and the m series...ford and chevy may make many more cars then them every month to thier year...yet, they can't compete, like the gt40 for lost money on this, and even the cobras...

Companies setup for mass production do that very well, and companies that make high quality and low production do that well too...other than BMW...which keeps the divisions separate...seems to have made it work...even Mercedes has AMG build for them...

Now, if there was say the volume of adult baby diapers consumed as regular ones, you'd most likely see the large production companies competing...

As a general rule, you can compete on price or performance...pick one...

We pay the dollars we do for bambinos and such cuz they are better...not cheaper per se.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade...but until the qty reach a volume to run full on dedicated lines, I doubt we'll see any adult pampers...or luvs...

Sorry, I wish I could see a way to change that...but right now very unlikely...

B

I'm just going to echo the trend so far, it's never going to happen. No event, no protest, no celebrity. It's just not going to happen, ever. There's too much of a negative connotation around ABDL, and even if there wasn't, it's not worth mass making something to cater to a niche market. We have plenty of diapers with baby prints for adults already, and if that's not good enough you'll likely never be happy.

If anything, Pampers have added features that are standard for adult diapers to their Swaddler's line. The design between Pampers Swaddlers, and Tranquility Slimlines are essentially the same, except the Slimlines don't have the stretch sides. The other difference is, that the Tranquility Slimlines have a more traditional non-woven backing, similar to most typical baby diapers that are purchased at drug stores, while Pampers have a more "quilted" backing with a diamond pattern. Since I can fit in a Tranquility size small Slimline, I can directly compare the feel of that, to a Pampers Cruiser 7. Both feel exactly the same, material-wise, even though the Pampers are smaller and fit different.

No company will be making a baby diaper in the adult size. However, I see adult diaper technology transitioning down to infant sizes, as evidenced by KC's "Slip On" garments for infants. Also, expect manufacturers to continue making their baby diapers thinner as time progresses. The plan is to eventually make disposable diapers that are as thin as ordinary underwear, which are nearly a thin mesh of knitted cotton that breaths so well, they are actually extremely irritating for me to wear. Both Pampers and Goodnites are now very close to this!

One thing I forgot to mention about the comparison between a Pampers Cruiser 7 and a Tranquility Slimline small: The Tranquility Slimline is a bit thicker than the Pampers, and the padding on the Tranquility covers more area. The same goes with Tranquility's toddler sized Slimline (yes, Tranquility really DOES make a toddler-sized diaper, the Slimline in size "Junior", 28 to 42 pounds!).