Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I bought a carseat

Default I bought a carseat

Hi everyone, I just bought a baby carseat. I bought it used for $40 from Craiglist. Its made by a company called Britax and the model is called Regent.
    I am almost 5'6" and weight around 138 lbs so if you are the same size you may look into it.
    I fit great in it.
    I love it!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	regent.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	19060  

What exactly would you do with it?
    I'm sure you couldn't drive with it, or not be noticed sitting in it while in the backarea of the car.

I mostly sit in it when my daddy feeds me.
    I am thinking of asking him to install it in the car, too. He drives a big SUV so I should fit. The windows are tinted so it should be ok especially at night.

Well,

The britax seats are built solid...

I have a frontier 85...good as carseat to 85# and booster to I think 130#...

I have for my ex kid...but she is now the ex...so need to take it out of the car...

I bought a good seat...had a near fatal crash a few years back...two car seats in back, one broke without anyone in it...lucky the kids weren't with...don't think they would have made it...I'm alive cuz I'm to stupid to die...or stubborn...

Anyhow, I put it in my BMW m5...sometimes I'm known for a bit of a lead foot...I've buried the speedo a few times...that's 185...I've got 6 point racing harness in it, even dot approved...my ex called them toddler belts...she never wore a seatbelt...

Anyhow, I wish I could fit in a real carseat, I'm down. To 230# now...better than 360#...but no chance I'd fit...and yes I did try...

Although, it came in handy last week, my niece and nephew rode with me for dinner out, give my bro a break for a bit, and this uncle is a pushover for buying ice cream, and toys...they got a wii u that trip...only see them maybe 4 times a year...so, maybe I'll keep it around...

Have. Fun!!!...there is something about real kid stuff that just makes you feel like a kid!

B

I was friends once with this woman, she and her hubby rallied Dodge Firearrows

Plymouth Arrow was the nameplate used for multiple captive imports made by Mitsubishi Motors and sold by the Chrysler Corporation under the Plymouth marque:

They had kids they took with them to rallies. The child seats had 7 point harnesses and were valid for rallying.

Quote Originally Posted by 2kinky View Post
    Hi everyone, I just bought a baby carseat. I bought it used for $40 from Craiglist. Its made by a company called Britax and the model is called Regent.
    I am almost 5'6" and weight around 138 lbs so if you are the same size you may look into it.
    I fit great in it.
    I love it!!!
    is that really big enough for a 5'6 adult? it looks tiny

Looks very Pretty, can you do the straps up and buckle yourself in properly?

It looks small in the photo but actually it is really big and heavy. I had a hard time carrying it home.
    I can buckle the straps but they are very tight. There is a strap that goes between the legs which is quite short and makes it uncomfortable to stay buckled for a long time.

Hmm... Maybe could have new straps fitted? That's good to know though, I like girl strapped in

I'm sure you could add some to the crotch strap...if its like the others the strap comes out easily, just a flat metal piece under seat...turn sideways and slide through...

It shouldn't be too hard to sew on either a whole new strap...find some webbing at Walmart that's the proper width or close...

That would make it much more comfortable...