Thread: A short introduction...

Default A short introduction...

Greetings,

A few words of introduction...

As a frequent lurker on ABDL-related sites and as one who yearns to meet like-minded people, I am often disillusioned with the apparent obsession of some with the culture. Of course, I understand that this behaviour is not representative of the community; for most, an interest in diapers is surely be just one aspect of a diverse life. In any case, the observation has fuelled my reluctance to become involved with any online group. While I have been aware of this site for several years and I have long expected it to be an encouraging community to be a part of, my shyness (probably not uncommon) has kept me from immersing myself. Alas, my desire to interact with others and to perhaps discover a little more about myself in the process has propelled me to finally take the plunge.

A little bit about me... I am a physicist with a primary interest in numerical modelling, a hockey-crazed maple-flavoured Canuck, and an avid reader of non-fiction writing on science, politics, religion, philosophy... For my position on those subjects, one would certainly remark that I'm, at the very least, consistent with the views of Hitchens. I'll assume that, if he were alive today, Hitchens would share my confidence in the Toronto Maple Leafs' chances of winning the Cup this year...

While I make no promises to be a prolific poster, I will certainly make an effort to engage in small discussions from time to time, and I do hope to get to know some of you.

Cheers!

Hi Arctangent, welcome aboard. I am also new here. But I am already curious about the work you do!

What is the best science book you've read recently?

Hello, arctangent.
    I see you're from Toronto. I'm close by in Ottawa. I wonder how many people on this site have heard of the ongoing troubles of Rob Ford who finally acknowledged he smoked crack during one of his drunken stupors. He's made headlines around the world including CNN and the BBC. In Ottawa, we've been closer to the Senate scandal which was also a low point in politics. Looking forward to chatting with you in the forums

Hello Arctan. You know I am struck by the fact that Adisc is built to acknowledge that it's a site for the side of us beyond our diapers. There are groups for people with particular interests, from philosophy to motorcycles to the music we like. There is the off-topic forum, and computers and gaming. Mature topics for sex and religion. Tangential stuff.You'll fit in just fine.

Hello from Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by Arctangent View Post
    As a frequent lurker on ABDL-related sites and as one who yearns to meet like-minded people, I am often disillusioned with the apparent obsession of some with the culture. Of course, I understand that this behaviour is not representative of the community; for most, an interest in diapers is surely be just one aspect of a diverse life.
    You put it well; I don't understand how individuals could want to reverse their own potty training for the sake of diapers. At that point, diapers become who they are, not a part of them. Hence, for MOST people is this one aspect of a diverse life.

Anyway, this site is pretty cool. You'll find almost no intrusive or downright disgusting posts by most users, although there is the occasional TMI post, one of which has been posted recently...but even then, a distaste for pervs is common on this site.

Welcome! We're all friends here. A lot of the time this turns into a support community, so if you ever feel like talking about feelings, you'll feel right at home!