Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I deal with this.

Default How do I deal with this.

There's just too much going on right now for me.
    I'm in a constant state of distress now, and I'm lost on what I can do.

I'll try to make this as breif as possible.
    A few weeks ago my Grandpa went into the hospital for cancer. He was expected to die around now, and just a few days ago he passed away.
    His funeral is tuesday.
    Just tonight I found out one of my good friend's father also has cancer, and is in the hospital right now. He apparently only has a week or two to live, and I'm trying hard to help my friend find a new place to live (he is 17, lives with his father, and all of his relatives live on the east coast or in Malaysia. I had to help him get back on the right track. He was thinking about how he'd get into UCLA now instead of finding a place to live)
    And of course, we have the holidays and winter weather to deal with as well.

I just need help, I don't know what to do right now, I feel like screaming..

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    If you feel like screaming then do it , just let it out
    I tried, and it helped somewhat, but I still have no idea what to do.
    It's just too freaking hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Well if you need someone to talk to im here

I just don't know how to deal with all this all of the sudden.
    And I start college in 2 weeks as well. It's really hard.

your friend's dad should appoint somebody as a guardian to his son until he turns 18, the guardian will be able to enter into contracts and legal things for your friend. hopefully his father has life insurance.

could your parents possibly provide guidence for your friend?

Luckily I am from a large family, so when my aunt passed my cousins had aunts and uncles to help them.

I am truly sorry for your loss and I extend my best wishes to your friends dad's health.

That said for years now I have accepted that I and everyone else has to die at some point. Yes it still sucks when people do die and it always will.

Find someone you already fully trust, and that is totally outside of the whole situation to talk to. Don't start new friendships to talk with them about this, that generally goes wrong. Not always, I know a great example that that doesn't always happen but generally it doesn't help unless the situation takes a long time.

So without all the crap I am telling around it:
    Find someone you already fully trust, and that is totally outside of the whole situation to talk to. And talk to them.

Is it possible that your parents could take in your friend until he's 18? Otherwise like diapernh said, his dad needs to appoint someone to be a legal guardian.

We all have tough times, some tougher than others, try to sit down and talk with your friend, share your feelings with each other and if it helps then cry. I've had multiple family members die, but unfortunately I made the mistake of holding it in, and I'm sure it's probably scarred me emotionally and caused me to become detached from my emotions. Good luck and you have my deepest condolences.

I feel your pain. My grandpa is dieing, not from cancer, but none the less, I hope you'll be okay. If you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm here.