Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stepping Out forthe first time...

Default Stepping Out forthe first time...

Here it goes! First time I ever joined a community that I have been a member of my whole life. A little nervous, but I am finally hoping to step out and engage with people who share my own "interests" and passion. I look forward to engaging with people from all walks of life about not only our common interests but others as well.

I am an avid football fan, a hiker and am a pretty accomplished member of my profession. I apologize in advance for any faux pas that I may initially make (this is my first chat room as well) but know that I am passionate about our shared interests. Look forward to hearing from you all soon!- Bellsand Whistles

Welcome BellsandWhistles! I don't see any faux pas.. You gave a fine introduction. I see you like football. What is your favorite team? I'm a Cardinals fan (I know). I also read a lot like you. My favs are john Grisham and Stephen King. Who are your favorites?

Hi Bells. Looks like we are sharing the experience of being new! Maybe we should compare notes down the line.

Thank you very much and I look forward to conversing with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for not returning your greeting sooner, a bit hectic... I'm a Steelers fan (Lord help them this year)! Grisham and King are definitely on my list but I also read a bit of Cussler and I am a fan of Clive Barker. Just finished King's latest release "Doctor Sleep" and was elated to see that he has gotten back to his creepier style of writing. Have you read it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for not returning your greeting sooner, a bit hectic... I'm a Steelers fan (Lord help them this year)! Grisham and King are definitely on my list but I also read a bit of Cussler and I am a fan of Clive Barker. Just finished King's latest release "Doctor Sleep" and was elated to see that he has gotten back to his creepier style of writing. Have you read it yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the welcome, I'm still flailing about with the technology aspect of this- thank you for your patience.

- - - Updated - - -

By all means, just wrestling with the technology, thank you for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BellsandWhistles View Post
    No, I have not read Dr. Sleep yet. I probably won't get it until Christmas. I did finish "Joyland" a month ago. It was pretty good. I am a Cussler fan. too. I really like the Isaac Bell series and have read the first four of the Dirk Pitt novels, so far.

Yeah, I had the Steelers defense for my fantasy team and dropped them early in the season. They need a "spark" from an existing player or a new player to get them going again. imo

Quote Originally Posted by BellsandWhistles View Post
    Thank you very much and I look forward to conversing with you.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the welcome, I'm still flailing about with the technology aspect of this- thank you for your patience.

- - - Updated - - -

By all means, just wrestling with the technology, thank you for the welcome!
    Staff is aware of the double posting issue. But any info you can give in a Requests Forum thread may hek=lp out admins get to the cause of it.

Your right about the Steelers btw... next time I'm at the bookstore I'll give Bell a closer look! Thanks! I'm running out o f books...let you know-BW

Howdy and welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to engage in.

Stay dry and happy!

Hi and welcome. I'm currently reading Dr. Sleep and have been enjoying it so far. Wow, Clive Barker. I enjoy his writing as well.