Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby-pants.com

Default Baby-pants.com

Hello, everybody. I just had a quick question. Has anybody purchased cloth diapers from babypants? I've never tried cloth and don't even know the difference between them honestly but I'm pretty set on the prefold, but not sure how thick they are, one large is $25 and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to buy several or not :P Anywho, any help would be appreciated and any knowledge dually noted Also, are covers needed? I was gonna get the ruffles (for my little) until I found out they're like 70 bucks XP.

Thanks in advance

Cloth are cloth I love my Baby-pants cloth diapers. I think the prefold are the way to go. Contour only if you do not want the diaper bulge between your legs but I love it. I double them up and you get a discount for ordering 6 or 12. And yes you will need plastic pants, to fit the bulk of the diaper I order them larger so I fit into the small size it fits leaving more room in the plastic pants for the diaper.

No I have not bought any diapers from Baby-pants, but their baby bottle that I got last month was fascinating. Its teat fit perfectly in my mouth and I feel like I look cute when I'm drinking from it with my legs hardly raised up.

I've bought two of their training pants if that's any help for you. Zero problems or concerns. I'd imagine if you plan on wearing regularly you're going to need to order more than one. If you intend to use, a plastic cover is essential. (that you may be able to get by with only one or two of)

I also have two pair of their training pants. Everything is fine here, too. They do shrink just a bit in the wash/dryer the first couple of times (as the site says), but they fit and wear well. I like the baby-pants PUL waterproof pants; they are noisy, but they hold up well.

Their prefolds are pretty good, but - depending on your size - a little on the expensive side. I like the prefolds from changing times just as much, and if you're going from disposables to cloth I suggest getting diaper covers from dependeco diapers instead of plastic pants. The PULL diaper covers from dependeco are actually the most aesthetically pleasing diaper covers I have found and they do a very good job of keeping everything snug.

Quote Originally Posted by dadbro92 View Post
    Hello, everybody. I just had a quick question. Has anybody purchased cloth diapers from babypants? I've never tried cloth and don't even know the difference between them honestly but I'm pretty set on the prefold, but not sure how thick they are, one large is $25 and I'm not sure if I'm supposed to buy several or not :P Anywho, any help would be appreciated and any knowledge dually noted Also, are covers needed? I was gonna get the ruffles (for my little) until I found out they're like 70 bucks XP.

Thanks in advance
    I have their medium twill prefolds. They're thin by themselves but if you use two they can last a while. I'd suggest only getting 2 or 3 to start like i did then ordering 6 or 12 if you like them. I'd suggest rockin' green detergent and pul covers from fetware. I use mediums in everything. And yes, you need covers for prefolds and flats. As long as it's done right, no part of the diaper should stick out, though that took me 3-4 months of 24/7 (disposables during day usually) to get there.

Some good suggestions on here already. I've ordered from Babypants (pacifier, shirts, shortalls and first trainers) and I think they have some great products, which ship quickly. A quick word of warning for cloth diapers: only buy one with your first order. The same goes for waterproof covers and, yes, if you're going to wet in them, you will need some type of diaper cover. After you get them, decide you like them and they fit, then by all means stock up.

You will also need pins or fasteners. I've tried Boingos and Snappis, but I tend to always go back to good ole fashion Dritz pins.

Personally, I like the cotton twill diapers (sold by Changing Times) KINS flannel print diapers, Gary plastic pants (available through a wide number of distributors, including Babypants) and Dependeco PUL diaper covers.

Good luck on your purchase.

I don't know about BP cloth diapers, but in general for heavy night wetters, cloth is superior to any disposable I've tried. AdultClothDiaper.com is another good source. And, yes, you absolutely must have covers/plastic pants.

Speaking of covers, someone recommended Baby Pants Gerber white PEVA pants to me when I complained that my vinyl pants hardened and cracked from exposure to barrier creams (such as desitin). BP doesn't really target the incontinent market, so I was not easily won-over by their website. But, I finally got tired of replacing my covers every few weeks, and gave them a try. They work! They are loud, but I use them mostly for sleeping. And they really are durable. No more throwing away covers every six weeks! My only real complaint was the gaudy tag on the outside. It gave my spouse no end of mirth until I started cutting them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
    Speaking of covers, someone recommended Baby Pants Gerber white PEVA pants to me when I complained that my vinyl pants hardened and cracked from exposure to barrier creams (such as desitin). BP doesn't really target the incontinent market, so I was not easily won-over by their website. But, I finally got tired of replacing my covers every few weeks, and gave them a try. They work! They are loud, but I use them mostly for sleeping. And they really are durable. No more throwing away covers every six weeks! My only real complaint was the gaudy tag on the outside. It gave my spouse no end of mirth until I started cutting them off.
    Hmmm. Might have to try these to avoid the hardening cracking issue, which tends to kill mine in about 3 months. How thick is the PEVA? I don't care for the thicker plastic pants.