Thread: Introductions

Default Introductions

Hello! I am a married, working mom of three crazy little boys. I was brought into the AB/DL world 5 years ago after being clueless that my Husband was a DL for years prior. Since then it has been a major struggle in our marriage.

I joined bc I want to receive some support. I feel like my feelings about this change from being ok and willing to participate to wanting to throw away every DL related thing in our house. I know that is unfair to my DH and want to be consistently supportive. Any advice or other spouses in a role such as mine would be great to get to know.

Outside of this, I don't have too much free time. When I do, I really enjoy reading, crafting, doing fun thing with my family, and dreaming of trips I wish my husband and I could afford to take. I like a lot of British tv shows and am eagerly awaiting January for Downton Abby.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPolkaDotty View Post
    Hello! I am a married, working mom of three crazy little boys. I was brought into the AB/DL world 5 years ago after being clueless that my Husband was a DL for years prior. Since then it has been a major struggle in our marriage.

I joined bc I want to receive some support. I feel like my feelings about this change from being ok and willing to participate to wanting to throw away every DL related thing in our house. I know that is unfair to my DH and want to be consistently supportive. Any advice or other spouses in a role such as mine would be great to get to know.

Outside of this, I don't have too much free time. When I do, I really enjoy reading, crafting, doing fun thing with my family, and dreaming of trips I wish my husband and I could afford to take. I like a lot of British tv shows and am eagerly awaiting January for Downton Abby.
    Welcome! You have come to the right site for support. The best advice I've read on adisc about spouses of ab/dl's is HERE. While it's about telling people/spouses about ab/dl there is some advice there that I think will help you understand your husband a little better.

Three boys!? We're busy with one! I fully understand your lack of free time! We hope that you find the advice you need and stick around and contribute yourself!

P.S. - Is your a husband a member of adisc? There are a few married couples who are members here.

Hello and welcome. I am delighted to see the significant others of ab and dl folk on here, whoever they are. Their spouses, adult children, friends, pastors, health care providers, anyone who seeks to understand what we get up to and why. Being abdl is a significant part of who we are and affects our relationships with who we are close to. Another recent such other is
    Raemommy

It must be a bombshell to find out such a thing. I am sorry to hear

Since then it has been a major struggle in our marriage.
    and I quite understand the implications, having cohabited with a young lady. It is a struggle for many of us to accept ourselves let alone anyone else. I can assure you that, speaking for myself, and those whom I know and have met that our fixation/fetish doesn't prevent us being attracted to our partners, or fully loving them. Our own diaper-wearing doesn't give us any urge to convert others, nor affect how we regard children. We do see things from others' points of view, and empathize.

We are here for your support too, and are happy to give it. Please don't hesitate to post threads in Adult Baby asking whatever you may wonder about us, or just expressing your feelings. All sorts of people will share your concerns and responses to your issues will assist them equally.

Welcome to the forums, I hope that you find all that you're looking for here. You will find that this is a very open & helpful community of people who are happy to answer any questions you might have. Most AB/DL folks and especially the ones on this forum are interested in maintaining an honest & accurate portrayal of what the AB/DL lifestyle is to those people who are viewing it from an outside perspective.

Please utilize the search function of the site which in many cases will assist you in finding the answers to many common questions regarding AB/DLism. If your question hasn't been sufficiently answered or you have a new or unique spin on existing common questions feel free to start your own discussion on the matter.

We always welcome those significant others of AB/DLs as many of us have also been in similar situations ourselves. It is good to see people who are open enough about finding out more about this aspect of their significant others life as opposed to those people who would rather immediately pass judgement without any prior knowledge of what we are all about.

Keep an open mind about all that you read here, I'm sure you will find out much about your husband the more time you spend here. Some things you may like and there may be aspects that you do not care for. The important thing to remember is that this is typically a part of who that person is from a young age and in many cases has been something that they have struggled with for a large part of their life. The more love and understanding that you show them the more likely it is that your relationship will last through this time of new discovery.

The AB/DL lifestyle is not for everybody but if you find aspects of it that you enjoy or if you are able to understand what aspects of it that your husband enjoys it can be a very rewarding lifestyle to be associated with.

Again, welcome to the forums, there is plenty on these forums to explore & to get a very realistic understanding of this side of your husband that you have discovered. I wish you the best of luck whether you become a big part of the forums or if you find the answers you're looking for and aren't as involved. Either way, you are welcomed here.