Thread: So... I had an actual accident..

Default So... I had an actual accident..

The title basically says it all for this one, but I'll fill in the blanks just in case.

To start, this almost never happens to me (i.e. I might experience it once every 2 or so years, but I can usually catch it before it happens),
    so I was pretty shocked to wake up in the middle of the night on Monday. I was wearing a diaper to bed, which is pretty normal for me, and I guess I was just in a really deep sleep. I had one of those dreams where you need to use the toilet, usually I catch myself before that happens, but this time I wasn't so fortunate.

I happen to sleep on my side, so that's what makes it really unfortunate. I ended up leaking through the side of the diaper and noticeably wetting the bed sheets, then I woke up. Luckily, I did not wake my girlfriend. I managed to hide what I had done until the morning, then I simply came clean to my GF/mommy and helped remove the sheets from the bed for cleaning...

I'm still shocked that this happened, and I really don't know what to think anymore. I know a lot of AB/DL's would be ecstatic if they were in this situation, but the very first feeling I had was shame and disgust towards what had just happened... I just don't know why it hapened...

After the incident, I sat down and tried to figure out what was different this time than any other time I've had a "near-accident" before. Some things that stuck out:

1) I was wearing a diaper to bed and overall just regressing.
    2) The dream I had was slightly scary? More of a thriller really?
    3) I actually remembered my dream very vividly. I never remember my dreams.
    4) I fell asleep with a pacifier in my mouth, this almost never happens for me.
    5) Mommy and I were watching a babyish movie (The Lorax) before we went to sleep.

I guess all of these kinda factor into the equation, but I'm not really sure?

I notice lately as well that I'm having a higher frequency of running to the bathroom to relieve myself than I ever had before...Usually for #2.

I'm really just at a loss to understand why this happened to me. The very last time I had one of these accidents, as far as I can remember, I was about 6 or 7 years old. Can anybody shed any light on my predicament? Any advice? Personal experience?

As an aside, my GF and I have decided that if I'm wearing a diaper to bed, I should also wear a pair of plastic pants as well...

-Ron

I use to have that dream a lot. It is nice to know I am not the only one. Thanks for sharing.

I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes Pebble

Before I was ill (around the time when I was 11), I accidentally wet the bed just as I woke up. At the time, it was probably the least of my worries, but I still chastised myself quite a lot over it. I got really conscious of everything to do with having an accident after that, but it cleared up after my illness had past (it wasn't a bladder thing: it was something else).

It might be nothing more than an episode, but to be honest, I'm not good at advice: I'm no trained doctor :/

I had a similar thing happen to me a month or so ago. I've never wet the bed before (or at least not in my memory, maybe when I was a toddler). But I woke up one morning, and had a wet diaper that I couldn't explain.

I didn't sweat it too bad. I finally decided that I must have woken up, needed to pee, used the diaper, and went back to bed. I was really tired that day, so I figured I did that, and I just don't remember doing it.

I'd see if you have another accident over the next week. If you don't, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

hey dude do not worry over it to much its just simple stuff. I have had this issue a lot.

Now 1 thing I would recomend is a plastic sheet (even if you do not have this incedent its nice to have as a ab dl as just incase your diaper leaks )
    I wouldn't get your panties in to much of a bunch its probly a thing that will happen once in a while.
    last year i had 5 or 6 of these they really got annoying really annoying.
    when ever this happened to me there was nothing out of the ordinary thing is i was never wearing a diaper when this happened and i wish i was :|
    I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with anything you did that night. Just go on with your life just keep this in your head and remeber the date incase it happens again.
    I am pretty sure its just one of those wierd dreams people have you will probly get over it sooner or later i havent had one in over 5 months which is a record as i was having them ever 2 - 3 months :|

Any who keep us updated let us know if anything changes

I had that happen to me about a week ago. Typically, I'll drink a lot Friday night and deliberately won't use the bathroom before I go to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night peeing, which was sort of what I wanted, though I don't like to smell of pee in the morning when I have to take my wife off her dialysis machine. She's pretty understanding, however.

I've read that if you eat a tomato product, or drink tomato juice, tomatoes will irritate your bladder, contributing to incontinence. I don't know how true or tested this is. I wear cloth and plastic, so I don't leak. You could try wearing a light cloth diaper over your disposable, and then some plastic pants. You won't leak.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I had that happen to me about a week ago. Typically, I'll drink a lot Friday night and deliberately won't use the bathroom before I go to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night peeing, which was sort of what I wanted, though I don't like to smell of pee in the morning when I have to take my wife off her dialysis machine. She's pretty understanding, however.

I've read that if you eat a tomato product, or drink tomato juice, tomatoes will irritate your bladder, contributing to incontinence. I don't know how true or tested this is. I wear cloth and plastic, so I don't leak. You could try wearing a light cloth diaper over your disposable, and then some plastic pants. You won't leak.
    tomatoes huh ill have to try that :\

Well,

I haven't leaked in my new house yet...at least when I have a diaper on...sometimes I take them off at night sleepwalking...but that isn't often...

I wear a 24/7 or lately l4 and then just a pair of under where or two and either nylon, or pul cover...

Just a small leak looks like the Atlantic ocean, it's usually not a huge amount, and the briefs will wick it away...

About once a week the underwear will get wet...but that's not a big deal...

I've tried cloth, but either I don't know what I'm doing, or something, they are too uncomfortable...feel wet all the time...

Likely that's just my weirdness ...

Just try a pair of briefs, and a cover...it will usually do the trick...I've been wearing for 41 years now...

B

if I'm wearing a diaper to bed, I should also wear a pair of plastic pants as well...
    Course you should. The plastic sheet should be de rigeur anyway, um, you know, cause there's more than one kind of wet spot, and plastic sheet is cheaper than a new mattress.

I am afraid even knowing why it happened won't prevent it recurring. Obviously don't drink anything before bed time, and avoid diuretics such as caffeine, which is in chocolate as well as coffee. If the cause was anything to do with having ab thoughts and habits - like using your paci and watching ab material I am afraid the pump is primed, as they say, and you are rolling the dice and may have another unforeseen spill without warning.

Try cloth instead of a disposable? It may be to do with the fit? Try cloth over a disposable and plastic pants over that. I have been known to look like I am wearing a pumpkin around my middle

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post

Oh wow...didn't know that! That actually explains quite a lot.

I had an incident about a month ago where I went to bed with a diaper on right after eating a massive Italian meal after a 100 mile bike ride. That was the first (and hopefully only) time I've ever woken up to a wet diaper that I'm sure was dry the night before.

It really freaked me out, because I actually have a crazy strong bladder, and have never had any sort of bedwetting history like...ever.

That night though, I was totally drained from the bike ride. That, and the huge amount of tomatoes, may have had something to do with it.