Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: going trick or treating as a ab

Default going trick or treating as a ab

i got a thomas the train onsie im thinking of wearing out for trick or treating anyone else going out in ab cloths?

Hi, I'm not sure where you're from, but here in the UK 'trick or treating' (guising) is for little kids. At 24 do you not think you're a little past it?

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure where you're from, but here in the UK 'trick or treating' (guising) is for little kids. At 24 do you not think you're a little past it?
    Just so, although there is one acceptable loophole: one can dress up while taking kids trick or treating but doing so as a baby presents its own complications and probably wouldn't be looked on too favorably by the kids. It can be a vaguely appropriate party costume, but trick or treating is for chronological kids. We don't need to horn in on their experience.

well its more of a romper then a onesie and you're never to old to go trick or treating went last year in my footies and paci. it all depends on the weather if its too cold then ill have to wear my footies again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbabyadbl View Post
    well its more of a romper then a onesie and you're never to old to go trick or treating went last year in my footies and paci. it all depends on the weather if its too cold then ill have to wear my footies again.
    There's no laws or anything but I'd feel decidedly uncomfortable if an adult trick or treater came to my door without a child in tow, regardless of their costume. Adults can buy their own candy. That part of the holiday is for children and there are other activities for big kids.

Every year these people my father knows come trick-or-treating at my house; they have little kids with them, but their mothers collect candy too, which annoys me. It also annoys me when teenagers who aren't even in costumes come to my door. The last time I went trick-or-treating I was 16, and was dressed up. Nowadays I still dress up, but hand out the candy instead.

Well,

I never had any trick or treaters at my place...I live on my orchard...so out in farm country, only three addresses on the entire road I live on...

But, my brother lives in town, and when he gets an older/adults, he'll drop a can of some cheap green beans or such in thier bag...not candy...

He's had a few odd looks for that...

As for dressing up...there is another loophole...several places the adults dress up when giving out candy...especially if it a well decorated house...

B

Go have fun. You trick or treating is NOT going to take anything away from kids halloween lol. If your in costume, knock on every door in your neighborhood. There is no age limit on fun people

My neighborhood has taken a huge decline in the desirability of the people living in it in the past 15 years, so I don't give candy any more. But had I been an adult and in charge at the point in time where it was still an O.K area I would not have given candy to an adult unless they had a really rad cool excellent costume that convinced me; These days its half teenagers to the door with no costume on, and half of other half which are kids don't have a costume either.