Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my diapies back!!!!

Default Got my diapies back!!!!

Finally after 2 long months I got some diapers again unfortunately, I did not get them because I finally found a job. Recently I have been having accidents, and it has been happening more more as of late. I finally went to the doctor today to try and find out why. He soid I may have injured my spinal cord in my wreck, and it could be cutting the nerves that control that. I have an appointment with an urologist in a couple of days to have some test run. Until then, they did give me some diapers to hold me over until then. Shoker time, my mom said that the hospital diapers were not going to be good enough for my needs, and tomorrow she is going to buy me some better diapers that will fit my need, aka best mom ever. Wonder if she would still buy me diapers after I get fixed up at the urologist?????

Wow, looks like you are happy again. Have you been experiencing any pain from the wreck? It's good you have a supportive mother. I thought you still had some left over BTW.

The only pain I have been having, is from the broken bones that have titanium on them now, cause it is getting colder. The doc last night really couldn't explain why I was having accidents. Yes, my mother has always supported me know matter what I do or am, so I should have known she would have bought them for me if I just would have asked. No, I had been out for almost 2 months now, I was just dealing with the accidents and washing lots of clothes, cause I did not know you could get free diapers at the hospital. However I am glad she is buying me some better ones today, had a major leak last night, cause I was finally comfortable enough to sleep all through the night since I had diapers,and ended up over filling it last night However I was told that the urologist I am going to go see, if they can not figure out what is going on or get it under control, has a much better brand, then the hospital has, and will be provided for me for as long as needed.

Wait, sir, until the honeymoon is over. You'll need to be carrying that diaper bag to work, and any place else you go. You will run into people who won't understand the purpose, and some may even suggest a flimsy granny panty instead of the Abenas you'll be carrying, if they are that snoopy. If you are on Medicaid, the nurses at the medical supply tend to be a bit abrasive and will question your need for more protection. If you need a premium diaper, you will most likely need to buy them with your own money.

Be sure to wear loose trousers, as the bulge will show with the protection you need if you are wearing something that's designed for a tight fit. Keep in mind, that some work places won't be appropriate for people who are in diapers, so your choice of occupations may be limited. Being in diapers 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, will also present a barrier to the types of activities and freedoms that many others take for granted. Swimming at a public pool comes to mind here, and it will probably be good practice to avoid the water rides at an amusement park as well. But if you're not a swimmer, then I guess that should work.

In summary: This will no longer be a fetish. It will be a medical requirement. And you will need to learn to start fighting for your rights, and may even have to deal with Social Security, housing commissions, Medicaid providers, food stamps, and other agencies. I wish you the best of luck. I've been there, done that, and got the T-shirt.

I am hoping that, my urologist can figure out what is going on so that they can fix me up. If however this is something they can not fix, and I have to deal with this, the rest of my life, then I am prepared for whatever struggle and obstacles may be thrown my way. Have never been one to give up. I know that everything is going to work out, no matter what the outcome will be. Yes, there will have to be some adjustments that have to be made, but I was always taught to adapt and overcome Everything happens for a reason.

One issue I have a concern with, is Medicaid. The ones you typically get from them, are not much better than what the hospital was giving you. You may want to get your doctor to write a letter to the medical supplier's nurse, so that they can get you approved for better protection than what they normally offer. That letter will have to be sent to the medical board for approval, and if that happens, they will send you a better product. I am trying to get Medicaid to provide me with the Tranquility ATN's, to supplement the Abenas and cloth diaper service I have to pay for with my own money. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    One issue I have a concern with, is Medicaid. The ones you typically get from them, are not much better than what the hospital was giving you. You may want to get your doctor to write a letter to the medical supplier's nurse, so that they can get you approved for better protection than what they normally offer. That letter will have to be sent to the medical board for approval, and if that happens, they will send you a better product. I am trying to get Medicaid to provide me with the Tranquility ATN's, to supplement the Abenas and cloth diaper service I have to pay for with my own money. We'll see what happens.
    Thanks for the tip, if it comes to that, I will def do that

I bet this is really mixed emotions for you. Your realizing that you might in fact becoming incontinent and your not too sure about it. Best of luck
    Pebble

Astra

Quote Originally Posted by babymike1985 View Post
    Wonder if she would still buy me diapers after I get fixed up at the urologist?????
    Why on earth would she?

If this originates from a back injury, I hope you've had an MRI so that you can rule out problems that could become worse. I had back surgery last April when an MRI reveled that I had a cyst on the inner lining of my spine, which was bulging into the nerves. The pain was severe, but the surgery eliminated it. I feel quite good now.