Thread: Footie pajamas (without diapers)

Default Footie pajamas (without diapers)

Hello everyone!
    I am a little bit of a lurker on this forum... I think I made an intro post, but it was a couple years ago, so you guys prolly don't remember me too well.
    Anyway, I really, really want some footie pajamas... but I've been having trouble finding something that meets my needs, partly because I am autistic, so I am rather oversensitive to tactile things. I don't really know where to start, so I'll just make a list of the problems I'm running into.
    1. I hate fleece. I cannot stand the texture, and it always always always makes me sweat, even when it is below freezing. I need something with soft, slightly lighter weight material. Preferably cotton.
    2. I don't use diapers at the moment. So, I need jammies that make potty breaks actually possible, you know, without stripping naked in the freaking cold weather that makes footie pajamas comfy.
    3. I HATE zippers. They are the bane of my existence. I will not even wear jackets with zippers, they bug me so much.
    4. I am a fairly big girl, at 5'9" and 230#. This means, even though I sew, I can't make my own b/c the patterns don't have my right size.
    5. I don't like hoods.

....help?
    A friend of mine said if you get a kigurumi or something really loose with front snaps all the way down to the crotch, you can just unsnap and move it out of the way from behind to have a pee.
    But, I can't find anything cute/kiddish and cozy looking, in a cotton or terry or something, with front snaps instead of a zip. At least, nothing that isn't twice as expensive as my current computer.
    Heeeeeeelp meeee! I really, really want to have footsie jammies again!

Bam!!!
    Black Hipster Adult Footless Pajamas - Cotton Adult Pajamas, Footless Pajamas, One Piece feetless pajamas

Also, maybe get a zippered/hoody one and replace the zipper with snaps and take off the hood? Good luck with the search

Just realized they are not footed lol. Sorry about that.

I know of a company that makes jersey knit (kind of like a thicker t-shirt material) footie pj's with buttons, but they run a little expensive and I have yet to see a review. Anyways, worth a look:

Jersey Knit Adult Footed Pajamas in Red (304) from Footed Pajamas : Mens Onesies : Adult Onesies : BigFeetPJs.com

Good luck on your search, hope you find what your looking for.

Thanks guys! Still not quite what I'm after, but I hadn't seen that second site before, it is definitely closer. The only thing is, the buttons don't look like they go all the way down close to the crotch, and I'm pretty sure they need to in order to be able to go pee (for a girl) without completely removing the jammies. I'd definitely try some of those pink or purple ones though, if I can't find anything easier for bathroom purposes.
    Although... I would probably also prefer snaps over buttons, because I have some motor control/dexterity problems. It takes me like twenty minutes to button up a shirt, lol. But button footies is obviously better than no footies.

Quote Originally Posted by kaikadragon View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I am a little bit of a lurker on this forum... I think I made an intro post, but it was a couple years ago, so you guys prolly don't remember me too well.
    Anyway, I really, really want some footie pajamas... but I've been having trouble finding something that meets my needs, partly because I am autistic, so I am rather oversensitive to tactile things. I don't really know where to start, so I'll just make a list of the problems I'm running into.
    1. I hate fleece. I cannot stand the texture, and it always always always makes me sweat, even when it is below freezing. I need something with soft, slightly lighter weight material. Preferably cotton.
    2. I don't use diapers at the moment. So, I need jammies that make potty breaks actually possible, you know, without stripping naked in the freaking cold weather that makes footie pajamas comfy.
    3. I HATE zippers. They are the bane of my existence. I will not even wear jackets with zippers, they bug me so much.
    4. I am a fairly big girl, at 5'9" and 230#. This means, even though I sew, I can't make my own b/c the patterns don't have my right size.
    5. I don't like hoods.

....help?
    A friend of mine said if you get a kigurumi or something really loose with front snaps all the way down to the crotch, you can just unsnap and move it out of the way from behind to have a pee.
    But, I can't find anything cute/kiddish and cozy looking, in a cotton or terry or something, with front snaps instead of a zip. At least, nothing that isn't twice as expensive as my current computer.
    Heeeeeeelp meeee! I really, really want to have footsie jammies again!
    So,

Fabric choice...I like the cuddle fleece...so soft...else any knit fabric will work...

I've seem several places that have a drop seat...should work...

Zippers...the bane of my existence too...so, I put the zipper on back...then it doesn't bug me...

I've even tried zipper tab/covers, but zippers on from bug me too...if I were younger would most likely be aspbergers...

Well, size...

I'm currently 5'10" give or take and 230#...

I've bought many patterns and such over the years...

I gave up and had a company make them for me ... Then they closed and I tried again...

Order a set od kwik sew 2175. They will work...I even made a pair for my ex brother 6'9" 295#

If you want to try I can get you more info...

B

P.s. I use the bathroom when I can...if I'm very close...

Footies and diapers work together very well.

Huh. I could've sworn that pattern didn't go up to my size, but I guess I was wrong. I have a 37" waist, so I'm right at the upper end of the size range for their XL. I guess maybe I looked at it a couple years ago, when I was fatter. Thanks for pointing it out!

.....But the zipper is still an issue.
    I don't think it would feel as bad on back, but I would still have to take the whole pajamas off for the bathroom, which kinda destroys any joy in a cozy sleeper when it is really cold out. I'm crap at modifying patterns, so I have nooo idea how I would change it to snaps or something. If anyone knows how though, I have some awesome soft jammie fabric lying around, sooo....

Just to clear up, I can't really wear diapers or anything right now. I share a bedroom and bathroom with my two sisters that don't know I'm interested in them, so it would just be reeeeaally awkward. Besides which, I tend to go a little more on the bigger-little kid end of things anyway.

Well... this is probably no use at all as shipping from the UK will probably cost a fair bit, buuuut... The All-in-one Company allow you to customise your pyjamas online, and then hand-make them to your specifications.

The only options as far as fastenings go are zips... but, since they're all hand-made, I reckon you might have a good chance of getting them to use press-studs instead. And you could probably specify that you wanted them down to the crotch... The most popular fabrics are synthetic fleece, but I think they also do cotton (and again, they might be able to help if you wanted something else).

A well, maybe worth a look if you can afford it: Onesies & all in one sleepsuits by the all in one company

They also have "sleep bags", which are like footed pyjamas with a sleeping bag instead of legs. Not so great if you want to walk around in them, but they would make it pretty easy to unzip your lower half for when you want to use the toilet without undressing completely (I *hate* having to take my footed PJs off for that!).

Well,

Without custom, or even customization after the fact, I don't really see footies other than drop seat ones working for easy bathroom breaks...

You may just have to stick with two piece pj's.

I love my footies...but, they need to come off to sit on the potty...

B

I can't believe I forgot about drop-seats. That's embarrassing.... I guess now I just have to find somewhere with drop-seat and no sipper. (Big-foot pajamas look possible, but I think I'll look around for cuter designs)
    Thanks guys!