Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice to meet you.

Default Nice to meet you.

Hello, you can call me Mylo. I'm a very open-minded person who doesn't judge, lie, or anger easily. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion, and that different opinions shouldn't seperate people. I'm hoping that I've found a place that is as accepting of me as I am of others. ^_^

I am a sissy. (I think) I just started accepting that side of me. I have always wanted to dress up, wear diapers, and drink out of a bottle. For a really long time I just felt like something was wrong with me, I didn't know until I was 17 that there was other people out there who were into that kind of thing. I have finally decided to embrace it and am looking for support and advice.

I am a very artistic and spiritual person. I love music, and play the saxaphone and piano. I also sing, paint, color, draw, and do a variety of crafts. I love to read, especially fantasy novels and my favorite author is Piers Anthony.

Sorry if this was a little long, I'm not very good at this type of thing. Being here, I am mostly interested in finding new friends I can share my interests with and getting support from people who understand. Thanks for reading, Nice to meet you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mylo View Post
    Hello, you can call me Mylo. I'm a very open-minded person who doesn't judge, lie, or anger easily. I believe everyone has a right to their own opinion, and that different opinions shouldn't seperate people. I'm hoping that I've found a place that is as accepting of me as I am of others. ^_^

I am a sissy. (I think) I just started accepting that side of me. I have always wanted to dress up, wear diapers, and drink out of a bottle. For a really long time I just felt like something was wrong with me, I didn't know until I was 17 that there was other people out there who were into that kind of thing. I have finally decided to embrace it and am looking for support and advice.

I am a very artistic and spiritual person. I love music, and play the saxaphone and piano. I also sing, paint, color, draw, and do a variety of crafts. I love to read, especially fantasy novels and my favorite author is Piers Anthony.

Sorry if this was a little long, I'm not very good at this type of thing. Being here, I am mostly interested in finding new friends I can share my interests with and getting support from people who understand. Thanks for reading, Nice to meet you!
    Hi and welcome to the site. Actually, your introduction is excellent. I'm an older member who is a professional musician. I to enjoy reading, and I'm a writer. I'm self published on Nook and I'm about to publish my first novel to Kindle. When I'm not working, I'm out on our bike trail.

I think you will enjoy this site. Exploring this sort of thing is an interesting journey. This site will help you as much is discussed, as well as other off topics. I hope you feel comfortable in joining the topics. We're a friendly group.

Thank you for the compliment. That is awesome that you write, what genre do you most enjoy? I write a little too, but mostly just poetry and writing my own songs. I will definitely explore a little more and see what I can find, I'm a little nervous, but I'm sure I'll jump in at some point! ^_^

Dogboy said

Hi and welcome to the site.
    Actually, your introduction is excellent. - and he's quite right. All those things you told us about yourself are things to converse about. Yes, we have people into all manner of things to do with diapers, and regression and furriness, the usual things people come onsite to discuss

.I am a sissy. (I think) I just started accepting that side of me. I have always wanted to dress up, wear diapers, and drink out of a bottle. For a really long time I just felt like something was wrong with me,
    Now I wear diapers because I enjoy it. This makes me abnormal if you say "normal" to mean "usual." But NOT abnormal if that is taken to mean ill, or morally or medically wrong. I urge you to consider just two thoughts, really, that the whole issue boils down to.

Firstly, there is no way to be rid of our urges. Not without doing way more harm to a person than whatever harm results from cross-dressing, regression, and ageplay. The perceived problems with it aren't so much cost, razor burn or diaper rash; they are guilt, shame, embarrassment and other peoples' intolerance. You know, being the odd man out, not meeting society's expectations or its pressure to conform.

That one is a tough nut to crack, and change will happen slowly. (Gay was a mental illness and a jailable offense in Liberal, compassionate progressive Canada not so long ago. Now gay people marry with the blessing of the courts (both family court and criminal.)

In the meantime we CAN address our personal feelings of shame, worry, guilt and self-loathing. All that is required is an attitude change, an acceptance of oneself for who one is, warts and all. Simple enough to say, not so simple to put in practice. We do our best on this site to live up to what we preach, and with mounting success.

The other important idea is simply that sexuality and personal identity are not cut and dried. There is no agreement among the experts of where to draw the line with respect to normal variance in sexuality or many other issues of personal identity. Who are we to judge ourselves sick, or sinners? Who is to say we are wrong in the way we express ourselves to ourselves (or our partners, playmates, et al.?)

PS Way to go on your avatar photo. Plus, you'll note I am by no means an authority on things sissy but Adisc has a whole forum for those who are.

Thank you so much Raccoon, I really really appreciate your input and acceptance. Just so we're clear let me tell everyone right now, I am female, I don't really know the terminology of ab/dl lifestyles very well, and I don't know if sissy is an apt description. I like more toddler based play, but I don't know if that's what a sissy is... The more I've looked into it, the more it seems that sissys are men who like to dress up... And I don't fit into that category. . P. S. I am SO SO sorry that this is so blocky, I am posting this from my phone and can't hit enter :-\

Quote Originally Posted by Mylo View Post
    Thank you so much Raccoon, I really really appreciate your input and acceptance. Just so we're clear let me tell everyone right now, I am female, I don't really know the terminology of ab/dl lifestyles very well, and I don't know if sissy is an apt description. I like more toddler based play, but I don't know if that's what a sissy is... The more I've looked into it, the more it seems that sissys are men who like to dress up... And I don't fit into that category. . P. S. I am SO SO sorry that this is so blocky, I am posting this from my phone and can't hit enter :-\
    Don't worry about ticking the 'wrong' mark on the profile - I go on the premise that whoever checks Sissy identifies as a post-toddler girl when RPing whether a straight cisgender or not, most of us are more Littles than Babies here anyway I presume

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    Don't worry about ticking the 'wrong' mark on the profile - I go on the premise that whoever checks Sissy identifies as a post-toddler girl when RPing whether a straight cisgender or not, most of us are more Littles than Babies here anyway I presume
    He's right: about not worrying too much about labeling oneself. Many labels aren't exactly defined, for one thing. Easiest example is ab and dl; when we use terms to describe something as complex as a person's identity what I mean by a term and what the next person means are probably roughly equivalent but not exactly identical. If this line of discussion interests you I recommend looking at this. It's like how some things in one language have no exact translation into a given different language. All this puts me in a mind to carry this discussion to a new thread in Off Topic I shall now make and then link to in the present post. Yay for Adisc allowing you to edit posts.

Here it is http://www.adisc.org/forum/off-topic...ml#post1120437
    Last edited by Raccoon; 31-Oct-2013 at 18:09.

I'm glad you could join us! You will find in time what you are. I'm stuck some where in between AB/DL mostly leaning DL. I still consitter a myself a little AB due to my interest in babyish things like onesies and baby printed clothing. Just enjoy whatever you like and tell us ablout it, we are all here to help!

Thank you all for being so kind! :-D this is exactly what I was hoping for!