Thread: Well, here goes something I never, in my wildest imagination, thought I could do.

Default Well, here goes something I never, in my wildest imagination, thought I could do.

I have successfully hid my alternative personality from everybody, but one person, in my life.
    I was content to be a ADISC lurker, as Moo called it, but realize I need to jump into the water to continue. I only hope it is not too cold. Sorry for the length, but I was happy to just lurk.

Growing up in New England with three older sisters, I was always "the baby" of the family. I have worn diapers, off and on, since I was 13 years old, a long time ago in the pre internet, cloth dominant era. The concept of an adult diaper lover or an adult baby were non existent, but I knew I knew I loved wearing diapers and I loved drinking from baby bottles, the color pink and feeling that I was a baby girl. I didn’t know why but was sure these feelings were mine alone and needed to be kept secret.

During my teen years diapers were off and on thanks to living at home with parents and siblings around all the time and issues dealing with bulky cloth diapers. I was always a serious bed wetter and at 15 when my mother discovered I was wearing diapers and plastic pants, I panicked when she happily offered to wash them for me. In a fit of nervous embarrassment, my voice quivering, I said no, changed the subject and have regretted this missed opportunity for my entire life.

The next 13 years after high school, I married my high school sweetheart, joined the Navy, graduated from college, had two beautiful children and began my adult work life. My life in diapers was pretty much off during this time, but the feeling of being a baby girl in diapers was always there.

Then the dark ages faded away and computers and the internet appeared, like a bright light from the sky. I discovered the now defunct DPF (Diaper Pail Friends). Who knew other, possibly thousands, adult babies and diaper lovers were out there, all over the world, living alternative lives? (Thank you Tommy, whoever you were). I could now find diapers and plastic pants that fit much better than the Curity and Gerber real baby products I had been wearing and the adult baby and diaper lover in me was reborn.

Today, I am still married to the love of my life, my high school sweetheart, and soul mate. I couldn’t imagine my life without her. She has been aware and tolerant of my alternative baby life for years but, like the vast majority of people, has never understood why any adult would want to wear diapers, suck on a pacifier, nurse on a bottle and dress in adult baby clothes and I have never been able to give her an answer to that question.

Disposable diapers allow me to wear diapers every day without detection. My diaper of choice is Bambino and I wear one to bed every night and all day on Saturday and Sunday. Wearing a suit allows me to often wear a diaper under my clothes at work without detection. The expense of wearing a disposable diaper 24/7 caused me to look at alternatives. In a “you don’t suppose” moment in the baby diaper section at the super market, I bought a package of girls XL Goodnight pull on diapers. To my amazement, I was able to pull one up. Unfortunately, the capacity of a Goodnight pull up leaves a lot to be desired. After some experimentation, I determined that adding a moderate Total Dry booster to the Goodnight significantly increases the overall capacity and performance of the diaper. I now wear girls Goodnights with a booster every day to work. I usually wear them as underwear, needing their security from the “accidents” little girls can have before making it to the bathroom.

Beyond my AB/DL lifestyle, I am a big fan of the Red Sox, Patriots and Bruins. Consequently I am often found agonizing and twisted up in a fetal position on the sofa in front of my TV set.
    I enjoy practically all genres of music, with a bit of a preference towards 70’s and 80’s country music and reading history books, as well as crime/mystery fiction.
    I got my pilots license about 10 years ago and find nothing more satisfying than soaring through the sky in a Cessna while wearing a wet diaper. I have been an avid photographer for close to 40 years, preferring to photograph people in their everyday lives, but I also enjoy landscape and wildlife photography as well while traveling, hiking or kayaking.

I enjoy reading posts on AB/DL web sites, but find the posts on ADISC different, interesting, thought provoking and reasonable, considering this rather unreasonable behavior.. I am not looking for photos or videos. For me, being an adult baby girl is an emotional condition located within my imagination. I’ve seen the pictures, I’ve looked in the mirror and none of that adds to my baby world.

After living so many years in a secret desperation behind closed doors, I look forward to participating in conversations with other adult babies, diaper lovers and sissy’s on ADISC.

It's good that you're here To some extent, I think that all of us can relate to the feeling of being cut off from other people who have similar thoughts (diapers/nappies) crossing his/her mind, but from what you're saying, it must've been a greater ordeal to go through that before our own age of the internet.

It's good that you're here (and GO RED SOX!)

Very nice introduction! As you've probably gathered by lurking, we all have lives and interests that transcend diapers. My primary passions are music (which I've been sorely neglecting since my studio is in limbo) and restoring vintage motorbikes, as well as riding them.

I don't follow sports beyond the highlight segments on the morning talk radio shows, I lost interest in the Dodgers after getting burned too many times near post-season. I try to watch NASCAR but the only real racing going on is to yellow flags - how can 43 drivers qualify for every race and yet it's always the same 3 drivers winning?!

I have a love/fear relationship with aircraft, the prospect of air travel is fascinating yet terrifying and the only way I would go anywhere would be on 3 engines minimum and it appears over time eventually nothing but twins will be left! A couple of my clients are pilots though and I know of 2 others on ADISC as well, so all around you're in good company.

By The Way that's good information on the Total Dry booster with the Goodnites - I recently discovered Tranquility Top-liners I was using with some extremely cheap thin tape-barely-sticks plastic diapers; I ran out and the place I found them was sold out, boo. I never fathomed trying it with Goodnites.

Thank you, and welcome

Welcome! And from a former New Englander might I add my own "Go Sox! to the mix as well? :-)

Welcome to the site, I'm a reader and a writer, about ready to launch my first novel. Alas, I'm a Yankees fan. What happened this year? My dad was a pilot and I sometimes went up with him. Enjoy the site and feel free to contribute. We're a friendly bunch.

Outstanding introduction... Welcome to ADISC.

I think you will like it here, I lurked on the site for over a month before I got up the nerve to join, now I am glad I did. I was also in the Navy and like you (and almost every one else) I kept my Baby side a closely guarded secret.

It is very therapeutic to be able to talk about your feeling and desires with those that share you feelings and accept you for who you are... I am sure I will be hearing from you in the future...

First a quick shout out to MOPaddED just in case you hadn't come across this song by Richard Thompson "1952 Vincent Black Lightning."

I see angels on Ariels in leather and chrome
    Swooping down from heaven to carry me home
    mmm So - WELCOME Babylilygirl. There was so much for us all, young and old to identify with, from experiences with cloth & plastic pants to inadequate nightwear (nothing less than an M4 for this portly raccoon) to memories of what DPF meant to us all, at the time.

soaring through the sky in a Cessna while wearing a wet diaper
    Oh my heavens, yes, and I owe you a debt of gratitude for reminding me of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Richard Bach. I commend you to read the wiki, ( link = the book title just given) and I bet you'll want the book. I'll quote a snippet...

Hmm I wonder where a parable with this sort of theme might be applicable...
    Last edited by Raccoon; 31-Oct-2013 at 20:10.