So many people go through day to day with the stories of "meh, just hangin in" or people come to one another when they're going through hard times. One thing that's always frowned upon in cultures is bragging.
I think we need a place to do such a thing.
I think its a great way to get to REALLY know one another and to boost confidence. Just brag away! List five things that you're proud of yourself for accomplishing in life.
The point isn't to show off or out do one another, its to congratulate one another for the right things. Praise is often neglected in today's fast paced workforce.
/I'm/ performing the kick off because I'm interested in the strong minds and men and women I'm sitting among. Not fishing.
Don't be shy, here, I'll get the ball started.
1) I was a cadet. Not any cadet, I reached the rank of C/MSgt and staffed a cadet basic as a first sergeant. I also attended the Marine Corps DEP as an applicant.
2) At 19, I was managing the front-end of a grocery store as an asst. manager. At times I was in charge of closing and performing voids on transactions. Meh, glamorous, right? Ehhhh....
3) Currently, I am an electronic music producer and a rapper.
4) I'm an AB/DL. A proud AB/DL. I'm comfortable with myself enough to admit that I can hold onto my innocence, among other things.
5) Every day I stand up on my own two and I speak with my chest, not with my doubt, and I'm becoming stronger every day. I hope to lead a life to encourage others to do the same.