Thread: Hypnosis

Default Hypnosis

Inspired by this recent thread (https://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-t...ml#post1118048) I've been thinking on hypnosis from an NON-ABDL viewpoint. I've put this here because I'm focusing more on the ethical concerns surrounding hypnosis, and then looking at the medical side of hypnosis.

I was never one for really believing in hypnosis, but I've been successfully hypnotised a number of times and this seems to have changed my views a little. I'm not sure that hypnosis can be utilised to make someone do something that they really don't want to do, but I think it can have it's uses. A friend at the pub has used it to help him stop smoking, and he swears by it. He's had an hours session every week, and a CD to listen to every night, and he's not smoked since the third day of the CD, which is pretty cool. Obviously with smoking you need to WANT to stop in order to manage, so I don't think it would work for everyone, but it could be a help to some.

One of the things that concerns me with hypnosis is that it could, potentially, be very unethical. I watched an episode of Numb3rs recently called Brutus, where during the war POWs were hypnotised by the Americans to return home and kill their higher-ups. This was then used by the 'baddies' to kill people twenty years later. Obviously this is a fictional example, but could something like this be done? Can people be forced to react to a command years in the future?

I've been hypnotised by a close friend a few times, and also by a few 'professionals', and trusted these people to not do anything screwy with me.

So my questions; is something like Brutus possible? Have you ever been hypnotised? Would you ever be hypnotised? Did it work? Would you use hypnotisation to give up bad habits like smoking, or get over phobias?

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I've been hypnotised by a close friend a few times, and also by a few 'professionals', and trusted these people to not do anything screwy with me.
    How's your ass felt?

Haha, AE has a good point...

Hypnosis can be done with virtually anything. It's achieving an altered state at will, either in someone else or yourself. Drugs and alcohol are tools of hypnosis from this standpoint, which most people have probably experienced for themselves.

I experiment with magic (the Aleister Crowley type, not cards and hidden sleeves), and anything you do in magic alters your mind in one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    One of the things that concerns me with hypnosis is that it could, potentially, be very unethical. I watched an episode of Numb3rs recently called Brutus, where during the war POWs were hypnotised by the Americans to return home and kill their higher-ups. This was then used by the 'baddies' to kill people twenty years later. Obviously this is a fictional example, but could something like this be done? Can people be forced to react to a command years in the future?
    The golden rule in hypnosis is that you cannot be forced to do something that is outside your moral framework. In addition, unless you are continually reinforcing the hypnosis, it will wane over time. So to answer your question, no, it would not be possible through hypnosis to force people to kill others years later. That's fiction.

It's like Spaz said hypnosis is something bound by a person's will so it'd be impossible to make someone do anything they aren't willing to do.Like with your fictional example that'd only be possible in reality if the person actually wanted to do it and was constantly reinforced.That is why hypnosis treatment and whatnot relies on the person to either lock or unlock that part of a person's mind allowing the person to be influenced to do or stop doing whatever it is they want.