Thread: Mac's new os x mavericks

Default Mac's new os x mavericks

I have just installed it, I can't tell the huge differences. However it works smoothly. . Has any Mac users over here installed Mac's new os x?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilbaby View Post
    I have just installed it, I can't tell the huge differences. However it works smoothly. . Has any Mac users over here installed Mac's new os x?
    I have works pretty good

I have to say bloody hell, there are few apps that can not be run with mac's new os x

Ive installed it on both my macs. Ill be honest, if you have a new mac you probably won't notice much difference on it (at least, not straight away). My macbook pro (retina) doesn't really seem to have that much more speed but then again i haven't really put it through much (i run VM fusion with windows on it for dictation of my notes as well as playing some games here and there). So i will have to see if there is any improvement when i get the chance to really put it through its paces.

That being said, my iMac has a huge difference in how it was functioning. It is a late 2009 model and i had issues with running lion and mountain lion that after a while my entire mac would be extremely slow (and that is when nothing was running and it was just idling). I would have to force shutdown my mac just to get it back to normal speed. Now, that problem seems to be gone on it and i have yet to see it lose its performance just by idling like it used to.

In short ... new mac, unlikely to visibly notice any changes as your mac is already pretty fast anyways, more likely to notice a change when it is under high load. Older macs will really benefit from the software upgrades as they aren't as fast and need the performance enhancements to help them to continue to function properly.