Thread: Experience with all-in-one cloth diapers?

Default Experience with all-in-one cloth diapers?

I was wondering if anyone had experiences using an all-in-one cloth diaper versus a 'regular' cotton/flannel cloth one (the ones with velcro).

I was looking at getting an all-in-one (AIO) from dependeco-adult-diapers.com because their prints are absolutely adorable, but I don't know if I would be better off getting a more absorbent cloth one and a pair of plastic pants.

Ideally, I want a cloth diaper that is pretty absorbent, comfortable, easy to wash/durable, preferably velcro (or snaps?), and if they're cute that's a definite plus!

Are these things I could get from an AIO?

I guess if anyone has recommendations for good cloth diapers as well, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

From what Oleman says, they are pretty good. The thing you need to know about all cloth diapers is that they have to go through several washing/drying cycles before they can achieve full uses. My advice is to wash and dry them at least 5 times before you come to a conclusion about if you like them or not

You also need to wash them without bleach or fabric softener. The fabric will get thicker and softer every time you wash them.

I would suggest wearing plastic pants over them. Over time, the waterproof layer will deteriorate faster than the cloth fabric itself.

You will get your money's worth.

I love my 3 that I got off of eBay from angelsbest223. I love them. They are put together very well. I had an issue with one of them but it was corrected right away. So far the only time mine have leaked is if I go way too long before changing. I can get about 2 good wettings with it. (I am a heavy wetter). I also am looking at the Dependico ones. I am thinking of getting 1 or 2 of them to compare. The dependico have some different patterns and designs.

Here is the one I am wearing as I am typing this post: Adult Abdl New AIO Reusable Super Absorbent Cloth Diaper s M L XL Dog Paw Prints | eBay

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by cuddlemepanda View Post
    I was wondering if anyone had experiences using an all-in-one cloth diaper versus a 'regular' cotton/flannel cloth one (the ones with velcro).

I was looking at getting an all-in-one (AIO) from dependeco-adult-diapers.com because their prints are absolutely adorable, but I don't know if I would be better off getting a more absorbent cloth one and a pair of plastic pants.

Ideally, I want a cloth diaper that is pretty absorbent, comfortable, easy to wash/durable, preferably velcro (or snaps?), and if they're cute that's a definite plus!

Are these things I could get from an AIO?

I guess if anyone has recommendations for good cloth diapers as well, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

I like mine real well. I just got up a little bit ago and am in a wet Dependeco with a stuffer at the present time. I've been wearing them ten months now and they are holding
    up good. I do recommend using a stuffer with them if you flood them. My diapers and stuffers have never seen a washer or dryer since I don't have access to laundry facilities.
    They are still in excellent shape along with the Velcro tabs. I also recommend using plastic pants with them if your concerned about leaks. The outer cover can get a little damp.
    Also can get damp around the leg openings. You can also use the PUL diaper covers from Dependeco instead of plastic pants. Since their breathable they're a lot cooler to sleep
    in. I have found that the sewn in PUL liner doesn't break down. If you have any more questions you can always PM me when you level up.

robbw

The problem with AIO diapers is the same for adults and infants. The cloth part really needs washed in hot water which is hard on the waterproof cover. Likewise the dryer is hard on the cover as well. Seperate diapers and waterproof pants avoid this. Cloth diapers can be washed in hot water an dried in the dryer without a problem. We do wash my plastic panties in the washing machine but with warm not hot water. They get hung in the basement to dry though. The other advantage is cloth diapers and plastic panties leak a lot less than AIO diapers.

norcal57

I agree with Robbw
    You need to be really careful when putting you AIO in the dryer.
    I destroyed one once when I put the dryer on high! Really dumb, I know.

On that note I've often wondered about Snap-EZ's. It's kind of an all-in-one cloth. Anyone have experience? Snap-EZ Shopping

I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here. I love my 3 AIO diapers. They are comfortable and hold up well. I wear as a security measure as I have a fear of wetting the bed. I don't wet them often and have saved me a bunch as I am not buying disposables as often. I keep disposable diapers around for when I want to hear the crinkle.

Thank you for the replies everybody, it was all very helpful!

And thank you oleman72 for the PM as well!