Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 151

Thread: Affordable Care Act

  1. #1

    Default Affordable Care Act

    How many members here are planning on signing up for the ACA? Also if you have tried
    what are your experiences in trying to do so. Also do you think it will be delayed or set
    back? I'm fortunate that I don't have to as I have Medicare.

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm honestly very confused about the whole thing. Thanks republican rhetoric. I am a recent college grad, currently pursuing a masters with no extra money to pay for insurance and my state did not extend medicare. I'm confused as to what my options are.

  3. #3

    Default

    ACA would have a premium for me in a high risk pool at $730 a month. My individual plan is increasing from 300 to 450 a month.

    So, basically, I'm completely against it.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by rileysurfer View Post
    I'm honestly very confused about the whole thing. Thanks republican rhetoric. I am a recent college grad, currently pursuing a masters with no extra money to pay for insurance and my state did not extend medicare. I'm confused as to what my options are.
    Here's what's happening right now. One facet of the ACA was to create insurance exchanges. Need a car but have no idea what car is right for you? Go to Edmunds.com and you can browse just about every model of car on the US market, and when you find one you like, there's a mechanism to say "I like this!" and have a local dealer call you. The exchanges are similar except that that they're actually more streamlined- you can use them to purchase insurance. Essentially, there's one system where you can look at all the insurance plans available to you in the state that you live in and compare options, coverage, and rates. Here's a good article (on Fox, of all places) about one guy who logged on to his state's insurance marketplace and found literally 50 plans that were better than the one he was then using to cover his family.

    While there's been a lot of rhetoric about the insurance exchange webpages crashing and being an example of government incompetence in making healthcare affordable, the reason the sites are crashing is that significantly more people are using the marketplace to get insurance than was anticipated. The government failed to recognize how popular this program would be. It's like calling a pastry chef a shitty baker because his chocolate cake is more delicious than it was expected to be when he wrote the recipe, and now people are rioting to try a slice.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    While there's been a lot of rhetoric about the insurance exchange webpages crashing and being an example of government incompetence in making healthcare affordable, the reason the sites are crashing is that significantly more people are using the marketplace to get insurance than was anticipated. The government failed to recognize how popular this program would be. It's like calling a pastry chef a shitty baker because his chocolate cake is more delicious than it was expected to be when he wrote the recipe, and now people are rioting to try a slice.
    You really believe that.

  6. #6

    Default

    Well it was set up to crash so you sign up part way but they did not want you to see how much it would cost.
    They reported this on the radio the other day . But of course its such a good thing to have them in your income health records and most of all your treatment .

  7. #7

    Default

    I don't need the ACA as I'm retiring and will be covered by Medicare. I've had private health insurance all of my life. I didn't want to be financially wiped out because of an illness. Now, I can reap the benefits of having contributed to SSI/Medicare, and my secondary health provider looks to be reasonably priced.

    To not have health insurance puts the burden on the working class who do have health insurance. You would think shifting the burden would be a Republican goal. When all is said and done, I have no idea what the ACA provides, but I do know it has benefited me and my wife in that pre-existing conditions can not be refused. When you get older, you accumulate a health record. No one beats the grim reaper, and he tends to reap via diseases.

  8. #8

    Default

    My husband will be signing up for this. I already have my own healthcare so I won't be signing up for this. The health costs actually go up from people who go into ER because they have no health insurance and they lose all their money so it makes health insurance go up. With this affordable care act, this would't be an issue anymore and it wouldn't cost much and it goes by your income.

  9. #9
    Astra

    Default

    I don't have insurance and don't plan on getting any. I'm going to roll the dice and lie on my tax return.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Astra View Post
    I don't have insurance and don't plan on getting any. I'm going to roll the dice and lie on my tax return.
    The fine for the first year or two is likely far less.

    Of course some young people might not even have to file federal income tax returns if they dont make enough in the year in which case they are exempt from the fines anyway.

Similar Threads

  1. Quality AFFORDABLE Diapers?
    By gnd567 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 25-May-2013, 14:34
  2. What are your thoughts on Obamacare (aka Affordable Care Act)?
    By MokatheGroundhog in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 29-Nov-2012, 22:11
  3. Best Affordable Plastic Pants?
    By mattyd in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 17-Jul-2012, 22:16
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-Jul-2011, 01:38
  5. Most affordable Abena
    By sgtfrotin2004 in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 21-May-2010, 16:48

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.