Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Depends Real Fit for Men

Default Depends Real Fit for Men

So do we count these as diapers? Hypothetically, if I said I was going 24/7, and I spent my work day in a Depends Real Fit, and of course something thicker after work and at night, would they count as diapers?

I've worn them 6 of the last 7 work days just so I don't have to dash off to the bathroom every time I even begin to feel an urge. I get that they can't hold much but they protect me from the way I don't seem to completely shut down after going to the bathroom (i.e. keep me from having just a little bit of pee sprinkle down my legs). They have surprised me by safely holding 4 or 5 small bursts from my OAB. I know I'm pushing my luck farther in them and I guess encouraging these accidents therefore. I also wondered if that would actually help my bladder expand out a bit. I've learned to take no chances and pee as soon as I need to and maybe that's a downward spiral? If I wear protection, even something with low capacity, and use it to try to hold longer, might I help the situation? OK, I might be reaching there.

noun
    a piece of absorbent material wrapped around a baby's bottom and between its legs to absorb and retain urine and feces.

I'd say we would count it. If you do pee on first feel your bladder will shrink over time as well, but that takes months to shrink it just a little. Takes about a year to shrink it over 16oz in a normal situation.

I would call them training pants, they serve a purpose, but not practical for those of us that wear 24/7 without ever using the bathroom facilities. If it makes you more comfortable and you like them in certain situations that's what counts.

They are protective underwear, and have absolutely NO relation to diapers or training pants. They don't have any absorbency to speak of, except for drips. They are designed for use when dripping will cause a noticeable spot in a standard cotton brief, but nothing more. So for that reason, they don't qualify as a diaper. Also: Training pants have the function of offering protection, but are used to train toddlers to use the restroom. Adult protective underwear are not designed for this purpose, only to handle light leakage caused by a neurological or physical condition.

I pull the core out and use them as stuffers. They do hold quite a bit as stuffers.

I'd like to think that they count as diapers. If this was a Huggies pull up or goodnite, no one would say that it's not. It's just a larger version of a cross between a pull up and goodnite, which don't hold well either. Personally I think it's a great diaper to wear for work, if a "real" diaper can't be worn.

Real Fits almost remind me of those big lifted pickup trucks - they're both basically going after the same target audience (people who feel their manhood easily threatened). Equating them as diapers, modern vehicles have computerized fuel injection rather than souls, nor a transmission the user can modify or replace

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    Real Fits almost remind me of those big lifted pickup trucks - they're both basically going after the same target audience (people who feel their manhood easily threatened). Equating them as diapers, modern vehicles have computerized fuel injection rather than souls, nor a transmission the user can modify or replace
    Negative on that, Houston. Absolutely, positively NEVER would Kimberly Clark EVER label their FLAGSHIP product as being anywhere NEAR the resemblance of a "diaper". Go and talk to one of their representatives about adding a "stuffer" to one of their RealFit "diapers" (as you would call it), and I guarantee you WILL get CHEWED OUT by the Depend rep. Go on ahead!! Do it! I got to within an inch of having my account on their board deleted, and me labeled as a "pedophile" because I wanted something more like their Goodnites, instead of what they have, which is STRICTLY marketed as a form of underwear.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    Negative on that, Houston. Absolutely, positively NEVER would Kimberly Clark EVER label their FLAGSHIP product as being anywhere NEAR the resemblance of a "diaper". Go and talk to one of their representatives about adding a "stuffer" to one of their RealFit "diapers" (as you would call it), and I guarantee you WILL get CHEWED OUT by the Depend rep. Go on ahead!! Do it! I got to within an inch of having my account on their board deleted, and me labeled as a "pedophile" because I wanted something more like their Goodnites, instead of what they have, which is STRICTLY marketed as a form of underwear.
    A clearer analogy - Real Fit is to diaper what '82 Camaro with standard 4-cylinder is to muscle car

Quote Originally Posted by MOPaddED View Post
    A clearer analogy - Real Fit is to diaper what '82 Camaro with standard 4-cylinder is to muscle car
    That is exactly it, MOPaddED. I would actually go as far as saying, they don't want their product to be any more provocative than a Chrysler Town and Country minivan.