Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pacifiers

Default Pacifiers

I just have standard baby pacifiers from the shop. I don't intend to buy a proper adult pacifier but i am curious what they are like.
    What are adult nuk 5 pacifiers compared to simple baby ones?

Well, Nuk 5 is the biggest Nuk nipple on the market. They are made to fit an adult mouth, and feel a whole lot better than a baby pacifier. I know they may look huge, which was my worry, but they are perfect. I highly recommend a Nuk 5 over a baby pacifier. You can get a cheap one, only $20 us, from baby-pants Baby Pacifiers for Adults . Lots of choices, lots of cute guards. Whatever you decide, be it get a Nuk 5, or just keep the baby one, I wish you best of luck.

trust me if you have the spare money its deff worth getting a nuk5 or larger paci tbh i still find nuk5 a bit small for my mouth :| i gonna order a nuk 6 or 7 from pacifiers r us

thanks for the response but i just wanted to know what it actually feels like inside the mouth compared to a baby one. By the way what is the biggest you could get on a highstreet in the uk?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmithemb View Post
    thanks for the response but i just wanted to know what it actually feels like inside the mouth compared to a baby one. By the way what is the biggest you could get on a highstreet in the uk?
    People have different reactions. For me, a baby pacifier was nothing special. It took too much effort to keep it in my mouth and it didn't sit right, which isn't too surprising since it is made for a baby's mouth. Using an adult sized pacifier was an entirely different experience and changed my outlook on them. It wasn't a NUK 5 that I tried first but I don't see those on the market anymore and the NUK 5s are very good. It's worth the investment of a plain one if you have any interest at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmithemb View Post
    By the way what is the biggest you could get on a highstreet in the uk?
    The biggest in the High Street in the UK I think is the MAM 12m+ available at ASDA plus 1 or 2 other places but only ASDA where you will easily get them. The same soothers are sold in Germany and Austria as 16m+ which is more appropriate considering their size.
    Also quite good are the Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature 9-18m size, these are even easier to find.

I found the Nuk4's an Nuk5's to be overwhelming and tend to stick with UltiMAM's and Tommee Typee brand pacifiers myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PaSS View Post
    trust me if you have the spare money its deff worth getting a nuk5 or larger paci tbh i still find nuk5 a bit small for my mouth :| i gonna order a nuk 6 or 7 from pacifiers r us
    Beware the Nuk 6/7s. They're not produced by SPN (The company whom holds the copyright for Nuk branded products), and aren't something I'd go sticking in my mouth just yet. Then again, I'm cautious any time someone mentions they have products that aren't technically legally branded. Just leaves me wondering if they sourced the stuff from China.

If PacifiersRUs can show reasonable proof that these are made from medical grade silicone or latex, I'll be all for it.

Just a thought, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
    Beware the Nuk 6/7s. They're not produced by SPN (The company whom holds the copyright for Nuk branded products), and aren't something I'd go sticking in my mouth just yet. Then again, I'm cautious any time someone mentions they have products that aren't technically legally branded. Just leaves me wondering if they sourced the stuff from China.

If PacifiersRUs can show reasonable proof that these are made from medical grade silicone or latex, I'll be all for it.

Just a thought, though.
    That's a pretty good precaution, but I have a NUK 7 and haven't had any problems with it yet, so long as I keep cleaning it before each use. Don't really notice a significant difference between the NUK 5 and 7 in terms of quality, only length. even if one is lesser than the other, they are definitely comparable.