Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Scariest movie?

Default Scariest movie?

As Halloween approached here in the states, I have to ask what is the scariest movie you ever saw? For me, so far, it was The Grudge.

For me, The Changeling, a ghost story movie put out in 1980 - my birth year! It scared me something terrible when I first saw it as a teenager. Maybe I was just in the perfect mood to be scared to death for whatever reason, but it had an impact on many nightmares to come.

Back when I was quite young, The Blob scared the shit out of me.

The Exorcist.

I was a kid when I saw it and it scared the hell out of me. I couldn't sleep for a week afterwards.

"The Ring" was very scary for me. But when I was young I saw "Invaders from Mars (1986)". That was the most scariest movie for me and it gave me nightmares. I am glad I still have my night light. Another one was "Highway to Hell (1991)" the hellcop looks crazy in that movie. And of course "Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)" was great! Some other ones I like was "Buried Alive (1990)", "House on Haunted Hill (1999)", "Wishmaster (1997)", "Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies (1999)", and "Serpent's Lair (1995)". Serpent's Lair wasn't really scary but I like the story.

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    The Exorcist.

I was a kid when I saw it and it scared the hell out of me. I couldn't sleep for a week afterwards.
    Me too, and it still scares me!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyToddler View Post
    "The Ring" was very scary for me. But when I was young I saw "Invaders from Mars (1986)". That was the most scariest movie for me and it gave me nightmares. I am glad I still have my night light. Another one was "Highway to Hell (1991)" the hellcop looks crazy in that movie. And of course "Twilight Zone: The Movie (1983)" was great! Some other ones I like was "Buried Alive (1990)", "House on Haunted Hill (1999)", "Wishmaster (1997)", "Wishmaster 2: Evil Never Dies (1999)", and "Serpent's Lair (1995)". Serpent's Lair wasn't really scary but I like the story.
    House on Haunted Hill (1999) is so under-rated as a B grade horror movie.

The Faculty (invasion of the body snatchers at a high school) was another good, but not really a scary movie.

I forgot to mention The Orphanage. It was a Spanish subtitled movie, creepy as all get out. Totally made me hide my face in a blanket repeatedly. Would recommend. Why's it always child ghosts that scare me to death!? *Shudder*