Thread: Color Changing Bambino Bellissimos

Default Color Changing Bambino Bellissimos

Anyone else have an issue with the inside padding of Bambino Bellissimos turning a reddish color after wetting?

Maybe it's because of the brand of baby powder I am using, or the amount, but any time I wet I notice the inside of the diaper turns a bright pink to red color in some of the wet spots. It happened with all of the diapers from my last shipment from over a year ago, and in the sample I am currently wearing.

I have another full order coming tomorrow and am not complaining about the diapers because they are my favorite, but I was just curious if anyone else had this problem?

Bambino Bellissimos are one of my favorite diapers. I order them from Bambino web site on Dec. 2012. I had no problems with the diapers. The diaper did turn yellow from being wet. Only one problem were the left leg cuff or standing guard was mush onto the diaper itself. To fix this I just open the diaper fully out and pulled up on the leg cuffs themselves and it works great! But that was only one pack of diapers. All the other packs or cases that I went through I had no problems with the diapers.

I haven't noticed this on any of my bellisimos, although to be fair I've only been able to try out three or four so far from the entire case.

Usually the only side of effect baby powder has when you wet is occasionally clumping up badly if you have used to much, as far as I know it doesn't change colors.

Are you peeing reddish urine while not diapered? If so, you mind want to check with your doctor, because that has the sound of a possible UTI.

it might be a chemical reaction when the padding is wet.
    like a ph thing.

Default Color Changing Bambino Bellissimos

Not to be gross, but it might also be a small open sore somewhere on your body that you can't see or even feel - like a popped pimple or something. If it is bleeding slightly, it would stain some of the padding and spread/dilute when you wet the diaper.

Might want to check yourself for sores. It happens from time to time if you wear a lot simply due to friction from wet diapers or localized rashes.

I had something similar happen once, freaked me out when getting changed in bathroom stall at work until I figured out what it was... had used anti-monkey-butt powder that has a slight pink color when applied, but when removing the wet diaper the color had turned darker red from the wetness and absorbed into the padding - thought I had gotten a uti!

kayley

I don't think it's the diaper, mate. There are several things that can cause reddish color in your wee.

The first is sports drinks. Poweraid does it to me. The first time it happened to me I was scared. Then I found out it was just the dye used in the Red Poweraid, and rushed out to buy Blue! .... Sadly, blue has no effect on me =U.U=

Beetroots can do it too, if your iron is low. But beets and beef just go together, so how often does that happen? =^.^=

Exercise until your muscles burn causes some blood cell damage as well. its actually urochrome from old, worn out, and damaged blood hemoglobin that causes pee to be yellow in the first place. When it happens faster than your body can break down the damaged hemoglobin, you pee pinkish red. This happens to me when I cycle, kinda often... =>.>=

Dehydration. If you're dehydrated, your wee can turn dark, orange to red is common. This happens to me often if I've been in the ocean too long.

And it can also be the natural oxdation of urea. If it's got that sort of amoina smell, thats whats happening.

=^.^=

Dehydration would be my first suspicion.

Quote Originally Posted by kayley View Post
    I don't think it's the diaper, mate. There are several things that can cause reddish color in your wee.

The first is sports drinks. Poweraid does it to me. The first time it happened to me I was scared. Then I found out it was just the dye used in the Red Poweraid, and rushed out to buy Blue! .... Sadly, blue has no effect on me =U.U=
    Poweraid is the bulk of what I drink! Other than water. :O

Quote Originally Posted by PaddedPat View Post
    Not to be gross, but it might also be a small open sore somewhere on your body that you can't see or even feel - like a popped pimple or something. If it is bleeding slightly, it would stain some of the padding and spread/dilute when you wet the diaper.

Might want to check yourself for sores. It happens from time to time if you wear a lot simply due to friction from wet diapers or localized rashes.
    It hasn't happened with any other diaper. Even ones I put on right after changing out of the red~ diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by BambinoPants View Post
    It's the baby powder mixed with urine, not the diapers.
    Good to know!
    Last edited by rileysurfer; 23-Oct-2013 at 06:34. Reason: Added replies to other comments