Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: should i tell ym psychiatrist about being abdl

Default should i tell ym psychiatrist about being abdl

i know this thread has probaly been done before so i appoligize if it has been ok

ok so i have known im ab for about 2 years now. i have alwas thought i was ab but i never got the courage till about 2 years ago to be able to understand that yes i am defentiely 100% ab. before that i would alwas try to make an excuse for it being something else. i have only started to accept it in the last year. i have been going to see a psychiatrist due to haveing depression ishues.

i feel that i shold tell her because it dos affect my depression. when i have to be an adult i feel like its just an act and not the real me. however when im wearing my diper and am regressed i feel ike im being the real me.

when i out in publi and have to act grounup, it makes me very stressed and scared to be honest. it might sond a bit odd to some of you but i i could be little 24/7 i would.

but the question is should i tell my psychiatrist as im wondering if it has a big impact on me being depressed all the time when i have to go out and pretend to be a grounup. i have tried lots of differant tablets for my depression but im wondering if the reason there not working because we havent found the real cause of my depression and im wondering if it could be because of the ABDL part of me ?

thanks for any replies and advice

TENNISMAD
    Last edited by tennismad; 22-Oct-2013 at 02:04. Reason: content changed

If you feel like it's relevant to your problems, then yes, I would say it's something you probably should tell them about.

even though im kinda scared to tell her ? i did write it down in a note maybe it would just be easier for me to give her the note and then see how it goes from there ?

That's one way of doing it. I think the thing you have to be prepared for is your psychiatrist not knowing what ABDL is, or what to do about the fact you have it.
    It's not something they study much, so be prepared to have to do a lot of explaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MsClaraRiddle View Post
    That's one way of doing it. I think the thing you have to be prepared for is your psychiatrist not knowing what ABDL is, or what to do about the fact you have it.
    It's not something they study much, so be prepared to have to do a lot of explaining about it.

i guess the best thing for me to do i guess is to not think about it and just say it. coz if i start to think abot it too much then i will seize u and struggle to get it out.

I have told my psychologist. She was cool with it, I mean she obviously didn't judge me or anything, or wait maybe she did. I don't know, whatever you feel is right, I think you should do.

Quote Originally Posted by tennismad View Post
    i guess the best thing for me to do i guess is to not think about it and just say it. coz if i start to think abot it too much then i will seize u and struggle to get it out.
    Yeah - that's why the note is a good idea. If you just put out briefly what you want to say in the note, then give it to them you can't back out half way through. They can ask you questions and whatever, you don't need to put everything in - just let them know what's going on.

Good luck with it :-)

Hello

I told my therapist. I told her about the health issues and things that where coming up even in my dreams and then I introduced AB/DL into it on the way out. She did a little studying on it, and we talked about it the next time. She is actually the one that suggested to us it as a grounding/coping mechanism.

Take it slow, relate it to the depression, and feel her responses out as you go and pace it from there.

Good luck.

i think im going to be seeing on thursday and my support is comming with me. im still not ready to tell my support yet tho. bt ias i want to wear all the time i guess i will have to in time. otherwise he will start to wonder why my bottom is bigger than usual HAHAHA.

but im going to tell y psychiatrist first and see how that goes. then maybe tell my support in time.

at least you have a choice.... when my dad and I went to our counseling session tonight, my dad brought it up since both my parents know, but fortunately nothing was said about it after that.
    Hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to the counselor about it alone next session, because its not that I don't trust my dad, I just don't feel comfortable talking to him about it. When my parents found out by accident, It pretty much drove a big ol spike between us and I lost a lot of trust in them when that happened.