Thread: This video is no longer available: The Day One Garry's Incident Incident

Default This video is no longer available: The Day One Garry's Incident Incident

On the 18th of October, the developer of Day One Garry's Incident issued a copyright strike against my channel, effectively censoring the criticism of their game. This is an account of what happened and why it should never be allowed to happen again.

Just wanted to point out that TotalBiscuit has had a copyright infringement issued against his youtube channel for doing a review that the games developer didn't like.

If you want to see the original video then its available WTF Is... - Day One Garry s Incident - Video Dailymotion
    Last edited by Strontium; 20-Oct-2013 at 22:16.

The trailers on steam is proof the game sucks anyhow. Watched the trailers as soon as it was new and it looked like the most retarded thing I've seen.

If your going to make a survival game make a survival game, but don't throw in random si-fi shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    The trailers on steam is proof the game sucks anyhow.
    My problem with this whole thing is how underhanded it is to use copyright infringement to effectively censor a critic of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Strontium View Post
    My problem with this whole thing is how underhanded it is to use copyright infringement to effectively censor a critic of the game.
    Yeah I can see that. I've got audio stripped from some of my video of Just Cause 2 Multiplayer most notable of which was rebel yell by Billy Idol who I did credit in the info. But the music company had the right to remove the audio so, meh. (Note: i don't intend to make money from my channel so I don't turn on AdSense and I don't have a subscription base anyhow since I don't make content. I just throw up random shit I find fun.)

Next time i'm just going to use something from Brad Sucks I suppose.