Thread: By way of Introduction

Default By way of Introduction

Let me start by saying that I am grateful that a site like ADISC exists. There are a LOT of fetish sites out there to satisfy the sexual side, but very few that allow for intelligent discourse. It is obvious to even the most casual observer that there are a lot of folks that share our enjoyment of diapers and the infantile pleasures that go with them. A quick search on Google will confirm that if you doubt me... :-)

The reason I am joining the site is to try to understand my own desires and to understand how others have coped and integrated this part of themselves into their lives and relationships. I am not part of the “I want a Mommy/Daddy” crowd; I am not looking to “hook-up” or anything like that.

Now as for me; I am a VERY happily married man, and have been for over thirty years. I love my wife and I plan to live the rest of my life with her if she will keep me. She knows of my diaper desires, but does not understand them and she will have nothing to do with this part of me. This is just fine with me as I don't really understand these desires either. Somehow we have managed to make our relationship work in spite of these problems, and believe me there were many problems having nothing to do with Diapers…

I work at a Defense Industry company that will remain nameless and I do electronics systems design and engineering. My interests are many and varied; I love astronomy and anything to do with Cosmology or the physics. I love shooting, and outdoor sports, I used to love running, but old age has taken a toll on my knees. I love to travel and like I said I love anything to do with Technology…

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceGeek View Post
    Let me start by saying that I am grateful that a site like ADISC exists. There are a LOT of fetish sites out there to satisfy the sexual side, but very few that allow for intelligent discourse. It is obvious to even the most casual observer that there are a lot of folks that share our enjoyment of diapers and the infantile pleasures that go with them. A quick search on Google will confirm that if you doubt me... :-)

The reason I am joining the site is to try to understand my own desires and to understand how others have coped and integrated this part of themselves into their lives and relationships. I am not part of the “I want a Mommy/Daddy” crowd; I am not looking to “hook-up” or anything like that.

Now as for me; I am a VERY happily married man, and have been for over thirty years. I love my wife and I plan to live the rest of my life with her if she will keep me. She knows of my diaper desires, but does not understand them and she will have nothing to do with this part of me. This is just fine with me as I don't really understand these desires either. Somehow we have managed to make our relationship work in spite of these problems, and believe me there were many problems having nothing to do with Diapers…

I work at a Defense Industry company that will remain nameless and I do electronics systems design and engineering. My interests are many and varied; I love astronomy and anything to do with Cosmology or the physics. I love shooting, and outdoor sports, I used to love running, but old age has taken a toll on my knees. I love to travel and like I said I love anything to do with Technology…
    Welcome from another "older", married DL. This IS the place to be for support of all your emotions and definitely not the sexual side. In fact, this site is strictly PG-13 and I have seen many members banned for inappropriate use. I look forward to hearing more from you in future posts!

Hey Sciencegeek,
    I think you'll enjoy being on this site. I've been on several which were meat markets or they kept rehashing the same old diaper discussions to the point of becoming repetitious boredom.

I was sorry to hear about the running coming to an end. I'm the same age as you and I'm a passionate runner, still hitting six miles every day and occasionally doing a half marathon when the mood strikes me. My most recent full length marathon was several years ago. Have you seen a sports doctor about the knee problems? Maybe some proper sports orthotics or physio would get you back on the road. Just don't let the age thing get you down, it's just a state of mind.

Thanks for the welcome... :-) one of the things that made me join was the fact that this site was not a meat market site. I have been lurking here of a while and quite frankly this is the first site that I have had the desire to join.

Thanks again for the welcome

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, I never let the age thing get me down, after all many times I think I am 3 years old. :-) However my knees sometimes think differently.

Used to run a lot to stay in shape in the military, but now the doc says I should just take up walking. The glucosamine stuff I can't take due to allergies, so now I try to walk several miles a day.

Thanks for the welcome..