Thread: Small Dry 24/7 Diaper Review

Default Small Dry 24/7 Diaper Review

Small Dry 24/7 Diaper Review

The small dry 24/7 brief that I tried was made on the companies new line. It is made to be a diaper for both night time and daytime use. The company felt that making a high absorbent diaper would help to cut down on changes and money for the wearer. I am reviewing the size small, which fits 24” to 32” size waist. All of the sizes on their new diaper line, should be white. This sample diaper was received in October 2013.

Appearance, Size, and Features

Appearance

The small dry 24/7 is a all white diaper. It doesn't have much looks to it, and personally to me it does not look as medical looking as other brands. The plastic looks like it has gotten cheaper, but more sturdy.

Size

Now the small dry 24/7 has a tiny bit of sizing issues. The tapes do wrap around a 27" waist just fine, and do not overlap or touch. The only flaw is the length. The diaper is just simply to long for a small diaper. I feel they might have tried to do that to help with leaks at night, but then they go around and make the flap areas have less padded. I will be informing the company about these issues, and they should be able to fix them.

Measurements:

Unstretched Diaper Length: 27.5 in || 69.85 cm
    Stretched Diaper length: 31.5 in || 80.01 cm
    (Flap width)Back: 32 in || 81.28 cm
    (Flap width)Front: 23.5 in || 59.69 cm
    crotch width(Counting outer leg cuffs): 10 in || 25.4 cm
    crotch width(Not Counting outer leg cuffs): 8 in || 20.32 cm
    Tape size(length): 1.5 in || 3.81 cm
    Tape size(width): 1.625 in || 4.1275 cm
    dry thickness(compressed):1.3 in || 3.302 cm
    dry thickness(uncompressed): 2 in || 5.08 cm

Inside length:

Back flap length:

Front flap length:

Side by side view(Tena small)

Side by side view(Molicare small)

Features

Now the small dry 24/7 comes with almost all the essential premium diaper features, except a wetness bar.

Features:

The diaper has leak guards.
    The diaper has a double tape system.
    The diaper has elastic waistbands on both the back and the front.

Leak Guards:
    I found that the leak guards on the small dry 24/7 brief worked exceptionally well.

Double Tape System:
    The double tape system I found useful on this product. The tapes still have flaws though. Overnight one tape came unloose, but all the others held nice and tight.

Elastic Waistband:
    Now personally I think the elastic waistband work great,but the length of the diaper was causing leaking issues.

Missing Features:

The diaper doesn't have a wetness bar.

Wetness Bar:
    The one thing this diaper doesn't have, is a wetness bar. I can understand why they may have not added it. The diaper is meant to be used over a 24 hour period, and eventually it would give you false reports on when you change if it did have one.

Performance and Fit

Performance

Water test:

these diapers absorbed 48 oz when tested with this method. They began to leak out the leg cuffs then.

The diaper did not begin to feel like it was getting full until about 24 oz. By this point the padding in diaper began to deform.

After the 30 oz is when the diaper bega to push some of the water to the back of the diaper. At this point the diapers padding started tof all but still held up in place.

As I neared the 48 oz more and more of the padding became deformed and began to fall. The padding on the inside of the diaper still kept some of its shape but the diaper no longer felt solid and firm.

Real Life test:
    Now I know a lot of people love dry 24/7, but I found the small dry 24/7 performance lacking. I drank about 64 oz, over a course of period of time and recorded what happened.

First major wetting:
    I had drunk 36 oz of liquid over the course of about 30 mins. When i wet the diaper took all of it in, but had already felt like it hit its max. Unlike last time I tried the mediums of this product, these did not just absorb it and act like it was nothing.

Second wetting:
    Now this time I had drunk 16 oz after the first wetting. The diaper started to take a long time to actually absorb the liquid. I do remember leaking a tiny, bit but it wasn't enough to stop testing. When Is at down the diaper did push some of the liquids out.

Third wetting:
    I drunk 12 oz now and this is when the diaper began to leak. The diaper absorbed about 1/4 of the 12 oz i had drunk, and then it could not take anymore. That would be about 3 or 4 oz. After this I did keep going to see how much it would take, but it really did not absorb anymore after that.

Absorbency:
    The dry 24/7 website says: 2-3 Liters

Now I feel that information on absorbency for the smalls is completely inaccurate. The small dry 24/7 hit its max absorbency at about 1.65612 L.

dry thickness(compressed):1.3 in || 3.302 cm
    dry thickness(uncompressed): 2 in || 5.08 cm

Dry Thickness (non Compressed)

Dry Thickness(compressed)

Wet Thickness(compressed)

Fit
    What majorly worried me about these diapers was the companies previeous fitting issues. I was gladly I was partially wrong. I found the length of the diaper way to long for a small, but the flap width was on spot, for people with a small waist.

Inside Frabric:

Tapes:

Price and Final Thoughts

Price

Now as of right now the small dry 24/7 is not being offered to the public just yet. I can not give you a price on how much they will be until that information has been posted.

Final Thoughts

I was a little disappointed, by the first review of this product, but the company allowed me to test it out to help improve it, so i am not to disappointed. I am hoping they will send me another diaper of the next production to test. I only hope that when the final product is released it will be great for people of my size. I will buy this product again, after they fix the issues. I personally feel the smalls need a higher absorbency and also need the length on them cut down. I will be informing the company about their product, and they should fix these issues.

Also the company needs to fix the padding falling down in between the diaper. Like with other diapers they seem to keep their form but expand, these didn't feel as nice as the padding fell.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Last edited by kratox; 18-Oct-2013 at 21:29.

I think that cutting their length would be a very bad idea. Most adults with a narrow waist need a longer fit, because of their proportions. I prefer to have lower tapes that ride over the hips, even though others would rather attempt to wrap the lower tape around their legs and get the feel of the edge digging into their skin. But hey, what ever bakes their cake. I would rather have something that I can wear comfortably over long periods, and still allow me the freedom to use the restroom when available. What is of the main importance to me, is that the padding holds together without clumping. I guess I'll see for myself when they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    I think that cutting their length would be a very bad idea. Most adults with a narrow waist need a longer fit, because of their proportions. I prefer to have lower tapes that ride over the hips, even though others would rather attempt to wrap the lower tape around their legs and get the feel of the edge digging into their skin. But hey, what ever bakes their cake. I would rather have something that I can wear comfortably over long periods, and still allow me the freedom to use the restroom when available. What is of the main importance to me, is that the padding holds together without clumping. I guess I'll see for myself when they come out.
    Well when I say to long, I am mainly talking about the elastic waistband. If you look at it the elastic waistband it is large compared to other waistbands on other diapers. It is adding on about 2 inches. The middle of the diaper could just use a tad bit of a length adjustment too, but not as large as the waistbands. It also went way over my belly button. I never have that issue with other small diapers. Most will stop at my belly button.

I ca not vouch for the new mediums, but I feel the company just needs to get all of their sizing right. I remember when I first got them I bought a medium, because I thought that since everyone else wore mediums they would fit me. The mediums ended up swallowing me, and I didn't get the smalls because I heard they were less in performance, and the size of a medium diaper. You really shouldn't have medium sized people wearing smalls, just because the mediums are technically large.

As for comfort they where soft, but I feel they still need some more work done on them.

I really don't want to start an argument. However, you HAVE alternatives if you want a diaper with a lower cut. Your 27" waist can help you easily make use of Goodnites, for one thing. And then, you can also fit into a Pampers 6 or 7 during times when you want lighter protection. I hate to bust this to you, but the Pampers and Goodnites are going to be far more discrete than those Tranquility smalls, especially when you have to do a swap in a public restroom. I only wear an actual diaper, because I was told to by a doctor. Otherwise, I would simply use Pampers or Goodnites to cover the seams in regular underwear. That's a solution that has worked for me for over 15 years. Why I have to transition to a stupid granny panty is beyond me, but either way the doctor made it CLEAR to me that I need an adult DIAPER with TABS. So, I guess the granny panties are out of the question too.

I have a hard time understanding the need for a manufacturer to come out with a diaper that really isn't much larger than a typical size 6 Huggies or Luvs, and in fact may be even smaller than Goodnites which will out-sell a smaller adult diaper by a huge margin. And any difference in that market will be made up by Proctor and Gamble anyway, with their Pampers Cruisers 7's. On the other hand, a smaller adult with a narrow waist could make use of something of heavier absorbency for overnight use, but that mandates a slightly longer fit of at least 24 inches, the length of an extra-large Goodnites. I would not want leakage out the top of the diaper to end up under me, having to do two loads of laundry the next day. DryCare has it right in that regard. The waist band, however, is something I never felt was necessary. If anything, that has always been in the way. Oh I forgot: Their mediums, and most other adult "briefs" most definitely fit over my belly button, and the top tapes on Abenas are less than an inch apart on me. I have no problem with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Honeywell6180 View Post
    I really don't want to start an argument. However, you HAVE alternatives if you want a diaper with a lower cut. Your 27" waist can help you easily make use of Goodnites, for one thing. And then, you can also fit into a Pampers 6 or 7. I have a hard time understanding the need for a manufacturer to come out with a diaper that really isn't much larger than a typical toddler diaper, and in fact may be even smaller than Goodnites which will out-sell a smaller adult diaper by a huge margin. And any difference will be made up by Proctor and Gamble. On the other hand, a smaller adult with a narrow waist could make use of something of heavier absorbency for overnight use, but that mandates a longer fit. I would not want leakage out the top of the diaper to end up under me, then having to do two loads of laundry the next day. DryCare has it right in that regard. The waist band, however, is something I never felt was necessary. If anything, that has always been in the way. Oh I forgot: Their mediums, and most other adult "briefs" most definitely fit over my belly button. I have no problem with that at all.
    No offense but I understood others have different sizes. When I said cut down, I did not mean a major cut. It needs to be in between to help compromise both sizes. It can not only be for one size.

Also I took that comment a bit rude. Like just because I can fit into those products doesn't mean I should wear them. All of those products have inferior absorbency compared to adult diapers and you want me to just use those and not buy adult diapers?

See that is what is really killing me with smalls right now. Most companies assume small sized people do not need a heavy thirsty diaper, so they drop the absorbency by a bunch. While mediums ,on the other hand, they have the option of what absorbency they want. I hate that I only have like 2 diapers that actually exceed over 20 oz that are plastic backed.

Like that comment you made is really aggravating. That seriously made you seem like a selfish person. How would you like it if all of a sudden they removed every abdl diaper from the marker and every super absorbent diaper from your market in mediums, and then left you with diapers that are no where near as great as the ones that they removed. You would understand the stuff I go through. I can sit here and read about all these abdls trying great products that I will never ever get to try. Whenever I look up a diaper review there is no small diaper review in sight, and then the small diaper has a huge drop in absorbency.

Like OMG is it bad enough small people can't have a adult abdl diaper that you want to kick us out of the market just for your selfish means.

I don't like starting arguments either and I am only voicing my opinion on how you made me feel.

You make me feel like I am wrong for being so skinny. That I need to eat a tub of lard so I can get bigger just to fit into some diapers.

Like wth man I have done nothing to you.

Very interesting, Kratox. I apologize for the way I came across. None the less, I think you're onto something! I do indeed, feel that Pampers, Huggies, and other such brands have suffered a reduction in quality in recent years. They have become so thin, they can't even be felt. And not only that, I see that the newest Pampers Swaddlers have a wetness indicator, not unlike that used by Attends and other adult brands. It's kind of a step backward, wouldn't you say?

Please keep in mind, that I'm not a huge individual. I have somewhat of a "slim" build (I still consider myself to be a little overweight, but others don't), which allows me to fit in many of the adult small brands, as well as making use of the Goodnites (why Medicaid won't cover them is beyond me!). Yet, I will choose the mediums because they offer better coverage and, as you say, have more absorbency. It is a bummer you are not able to take advantage of that, beings that those mediums would be a bit cumbersome.

Well, here's hoping that DryCare can come through with a product that really meets your needs.

NICE REVIEW! Thanks for the review! I was wondering about the new product line. I still have about 6 packs of the old line large. I am going to try a new pack when they get their production up and running again. I rely on these for my overnights due to my bed wetting problem. I sleep on my back and I have no leaks. I also use the Bambino Bellissimo and no leaks. I rely on both of these diapers. It looks like I can rely on the new line large diapers too.

Are the new ones a lot thiner than the old ones?

Thanks for sharing your review! I'm one of those who fall in between most smalls and mediums, I have a 29-30 waist and 125-130Lbs. Most mediums work but are are too big for a nice snug fit. Many smalls are too small and suffer from a lack of absorbency. Most small go to 30" or 31" hip and the tapes barely fasten. There are a few that go 34' or even 36" but almost all of them have just the fraction of the absorbency or medium diapers. My favorite diapers are no longer available. (Abena S4 plastic backed and Bambino Small, both were are on the larger side for small diapers) Personally I like higher rising diapers and smalls were often too short. Way back when, Walgreen's had a small diaper that had the perfect rise for me, (almost as high as mediums but with a snug fit,) but those are long gone. I'm still looking for the perfect small diaper, up till now Bambino's were the closest and wish that they would make them again. Hopefully Dry 24/7 will come through.

norcal57

Kratox
    Thanks for taking the time to post a very detailed and informative thread!

The way you described it, I can't wait to try one of the mediums. I love the fact that it does not have a wetness indicator, that always make a diaper look medical to me.

I ordered samples a few weeks ago, but I have not heard or seen anything from them.

Thanks again for the quality post!