Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small Tranqulity Smart Core Diaper Review

Default Small Tranqulity Smart Core Diaper Review

Small Tranqulity Smart Core Diaper Review

The small tranquility smart core brief is a relatively new product. It is made and sold by the company tranquility and was made to be a diaper in between daytime and night time use. I am reviewing the size small, which fits 24” to 32” size waist. The small diaper is also green. This sample diaper was purchased in September 2013.

Appearance, Size, and Features

Appearance

The smart core diaper is really medical looking, adult small brief. It has a cloth outer layer, that is relatively quiet without any clothes over it. The diaper should be great for daytime users, and maybe night time users as well.

Size

The Smart ore adult small brief has a decent fit for users. The fit can be comparable to the Tranqulity's Slimeline briefs.

I have listed some sizes below though to easily help readers find the information quickly.

Measurements:

Diaper length: 25 in || 63.5 cm
    (Flap width)Front/Back: 20.3125 in || 51.5938 cm
    crotch width: 8.3125 in || 21.1138 cm
    Tape size: 1.75 in || 4.445 cm

Features

The tranquility diaper comes with almost all the features that most premium diapers have. I have listed them below in a organized view to help readers.

Features:

The diaper has leak guards.
    The diaper has refastenable tapes.
    The diaper has a wetness bar.

Leak Guards:
    I found that the leak guards on the Smart core brief worked exceptionally well.

Refastenable Tapes:
    The refastenable tapes on this diaper allow for users to easily get a snug fit.

Wetness Bar Strip:
    The wetness bar strip worked well for this product. When the color changed it was correct about when you should and should not need to change.

Missing Features:

The diaper is missing a elastic waistband.

Elastic Waistband:
    Although the diaper does not have a elastic waistband it still keeps a snug fit for the user.

Inside of diaper:

Back of diaper:

Performance and Fit

Performance

Surprisingly these diapers performed well. I originally felt they would not hold as much as the website had mentioned, but was corrected when I tried them out. They are not a heavy absorbing diaper. They are in between a daytime and night time diaper.

Absorbency:
    Most websites say: 18 oz

Water test:
    When the diaper was tested with water it absorbed about 34 oz, before it began to leak out the back.

Real Life test:
    When I took a real test drive with them they pretty much absorbed aroudn 18 oz. They managed to hold more then the small molicare diapers. Now these diapers are good for daytime use, but they do get a tad bit bulky when full. It is not near enough to were anyone would notice you in public which still makes this diaper great for public use. These diapers do not start out thick, but do have a slight swell to them.

Dry Thickness:

Wet Thickness:

Fit
    Now when I first tried this diapers, I was extremely worried about, weeping liquids, chaffing, stretching, and bad tapes, but Unlike other cloth diapers, the smart core brief did not fall into any of those categories. The diaper did not stretch over time, and had wonderful tapes. The diaper did not wick liquids through the padding and held everything in side. I did not have any chaffing issues with this diaper. The diaper tapes also held extremely well. Now even though these diapers fit me with a 27" waist, I would recommend any individual interested , to buy a sample. Tranqulity has been known for their weird sizing, or you can compare their dimensions above to some diapers you already have. The inside of the diaper is also really soft. The inside of the diaper is quilted.

Inside Frabric:

Tapes:

Price and Final Thoughts

Price

You can find the Smart core brief for about $8.69 for a 10 pack, on NorthShoreCare.

Final Thoughts

Personally I would probably buy this product again, when I am low on money and want to wear during the daytime. Other then that I would probably look for a plastic backed diaper, but I can still say this cloth backed diaper is better then most I have tried. If The are relatively cheap and are extremely incognito, but have a slight swelling, that ab/dls might like. This product also would still be liked by IC people. Mainly because the diaper is really discrete, and will not cause a waddle when full.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

Last edited by kratox; 18-Oct-2013 at 21:20.

It's nice to see effort being made on expanding the articles. The article must be nominated by another member by posting in the requests section. It is not possible to create new articles directly.

[A little later]: Nominated.

With respect to making this an article, the best way to move forward with that is to make revisions to this to fit our standardized diaper review format and posted the revised version to the Articles Requests subforum. Two good examples of reviews in this format can be found here and here.

Individual members cannot post articles; the system requires that content mods do so. An overview of the article writing process generally can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruitkitty View Post
    With respect to making this an article, the best way to move forward with that is to make revisions to this to fit our standardized diaper review format and posted the revised version to the Articles Requests subforum. Two good examples of reviews in this format can be found here and here.

Individual members cannot post articles; the system requires that content mods do so. An overview of the article writing process generally can be found here.
    Ok thanks for the chart it will help me improve it to were it can be posted in the review area, but i have one thing I would like to say.............................

How can I put this, nicely without causing a argument to flare up. I honestly feel that some stuff on that like review chart diagram need to be changed.

Like I understand getting correct stats for diaper absorbency and stuff, but pouring water down a diaper seems like a huge waste to me. I wanted to do a review on the new small dry 24/7's, but I absolutely refuse to just pour water down a fresh diaper like that.

Now I can do something like wear for a day and count the amount of liquids I do, but I do not feel I should be entitled to post a thickness pic afterwards. I am sure plenty of people do not want to see that, and also it feels really wrong to do so. Not saying you guys are asking me to do that, but I just do not feel I should be entitled to show it, regardless of the situation.

I just feel it needs to be tweaked some, like maybe a system of how much water they drank in a day and the amount of times they wet. I feel that should be good enough without wasting a good diaper. Like that just seems like money down the drain to me. I am not trying to start anything and I do like the fact that we have standard for diaper reviews, but I feel that it may be to asking of people.

Also I dropped the ball on the price that is my fault. I totally forgot about that when I was typing. I like thought about it and was going to type it, but I must have skipped over it.

Quote Originally Posted by kratox View Post
    I feel that should be good enough without wasting a good diaper. Like that just seems like money down the drain to me. I am not trying to start anything and I do like the fact that we have standard for diaper reviews, but I feel that it may be to asking of people.
    To be blunt about it, the objective tests are a minimum requirement for us to publish the review. We are not going to budge on this.

We intentionally designed the format to find a balance between obtaining enough useful objective data, being able to obtain it in a timely manner, and minimizing the ask in terms of diapers used to complete the review. If anything, we should be asking for replicate trials, but we decided against such specifically to lower the ask.

A premium adult diaper is in the $1-2 range per unit, generally speaking. We ask reviewers to destroy exactly one of them to obtain a rather critical piece of information that's available nowhere else and allows for meaningful capacity comparisons. We've established a number of reviews with this test already. In sum, we do not feel that it is a big ask and it is too important to not require.

To be blunt about it, the objective tests are a minimum requirement for us to publish the review. We are not going to budge on this.

We intentionally designed the format to find a balance between obtaining enough useful objective data, being able to obtain it in a timely manner, and minimizing the ask in terms of diapers used to complete the review. If anything, we should be asking for replicate trials, but we decided against such specifically to lower the ask.

A premium adult diaper is in the $1-2 range per unit, generally speaking. We ask reviewers to destroy exactly one of them to obtain a rather critical piece of information that's available nowhere else and allows for meaningful capacity comparisons. We've established a number of reviews with this test already. In sum, we do not feel that it is a big ask and it is too important to not require.
    I was not saying to get rid of it. I was saying to change it around or allow for diifferent methods of testing that still fit in that category of your testing methods. Like look at how I did the small dry 24/7 diaper review. That one shows the amount of liquids I drank and when the diaper started leaking and such. http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-ta...ml#post1116405

That method should be acceptable. It clearly shows you the amount of liquid and informs you of when the diaper was reaching its capacity and when it did finally reach it.

Default Small Tranqulity Smart Core Diaper Review

That method should be acceptable. It clearly shows you the amount of liquid and informs you of when the diaper was reaching its capacity and when it did finally reach it.
    It is a substantially less objective measure that's really not comparable across different people or even the same person at different points in time. You subject the amount of liquid to factors which play into excretion of urine like the weight of the person, thirst, etc. Additionally, you've added factors related to physical stress on the diaper over time that can't be controlled for.

This is not an acceptable substitute. The objective tests are required and we do not make case-by-case exceptions on this point. Moreover, we already ask that the reviewer wear and use another diaper normally and report on it in order to provide qualitative data.

It is a substantially less objective measure that's really not comparable across different people or even the same person at different points in time. You subject the amount of liquid to factors which play into excretion of urine like the weight of the person, thirst, etc. Additionally, you've added factors related to physical stress on the diaper over time that can't be controlled for.

This is not an acceptable substitute. The objective tests are required and we do not make case-by-case exceptions on this point. Moreover, we already ask that the reviewer wear and use another diaper normally and report on it in order to provide qualitative data.
    Sigh.....

Is the diaper water stuff the only thing that is preventing both of these diaper reviews from being posted?

Sigh.....

Is the diaper water stuff the only thing that is preventing both of these diaper reviews from being posted?
    I don't want to say it's the only thing without having had the opportunity to thoroughly review them, and, as with all articles, we'd go through the process of editing, formatting, etc., but the test, along with the wet-dry comparison picture is the thing that stands out as missing.