Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice to finally officially meet you all: My official introduction.

Default Nice to finally officially meet you all: My official introduction.

Hello all!
    First, let me basically introduce myself. I'm currently a grad student living in a bit of an outdoorsy setting, I study biology (specifically multi-trophic responsive interactions), and a part-time author. I write professionally but really prefer to do research most of the time.
    I'm introducing myself because, well, I was terrified to do so. I've been into diapers since I can remember and I haven't exactly had good luck the extremely few times I've confided in someone about it. So, I've spent a long time (as I imagine many of you have) trying to avoid diapers altogether. After a multiple-year long break from diapers, I came back to them and decided I'd join the forum and actually try to get to know others, and learn about how ABDLs are received, what are common problems (and ideally solutions to those problems) we face, and related info.

I guess I'd say I identify as both an AB and DL to different degrees, with less emphasis on regression and ageplay in my life.

Outside of that, I'm a bit of an eclectic sort. I love film, reading, writing, and hiking. I'm also a bit of a gamer, but less so in the last few months. I've done tabletop and online gaming, but find myself doing less and less as I age.

My biggest hope is I get to know a few AB/DL folks, and see if I can't find a more manageable way to live than long and uncomfortable binge/purge cycles with diapers.
    I'll check back on this tomorrow, and I hope I get a chance to hear from and meet a few of you!
    Best,
    -SciScribbler

I'm not one for introductions nor greetings nor even advice for that matter, but sometimes I get it right.
    Here you'll find others that can offer what I cannot, Frogsy and MattiKins are just to name a few.

Welcome.

Hi and welcome to the forums! You've come to the right place to learn and ask questions.

I too used to be a pretty frequent gamer, but have also found myself doing so less and less lately.

Hope you enjoy your time on the forums.

Thanks!
    so far it's been really interesting. Any advice for a new person? Good forums, interesting discussions, etc?

Yup, read the rules.
    Lurk a lot.
    Show no bias and or prejudice (if you can) towards others in the LGBT community and that have interests that differ from yours.
    Show respect towards different religious/non religious groups.
    Read the rules.
    Lurk a lot.

Basically, just common sense.
    Last edited by Speck; 17-Oct-2013 at 21:47.

Hello ScienceScribbler and welcome to the group.

This is a very nice introduction. I did biomedical research for 19+ yrs, and would be interested in talking to you about your field of study.

There is definitely a lot of information on dealing with the binge and purge cycle. That was one of the reasons that I joined the group, and I have had so much success with the whole self acceptance, control and balance issues.

Again welcome to the group and I will be looking forward to talking to you.

Egor.

Welcome! I've got a few friends in/from your state. I cant wait to visit sometime, beautiful country

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceScribbler View Post
    Hello all!
    First, let me basically introduce myself. I'm currently a grad student living in a bit of an outdoorsy setting, I study biology (specifically multi-trophic responsive interactions), and a part-time author. I write professionally but really prefer to do research most of the time.
    I'm introducing myself because, well, I was terrified to do so. I've been into diapers since I can remember and I haven't exactly had good luck the extremely few times I've confided in someone about it. So, I've spent a long time (as I imagine many of you have) trying to avoid diapers altogether. After a multiple-year long break from diapers, I came back to them and decided I'd join the forum and actually try to get to know others, and learn about how ABDLs are received, what are common problems (and ideally solutions to those problems) we face, and related info.

I guess I'd say I identify as both an AB and DL to different degrees, with less emphasis on regression and ageplay in my life.

Outside of that, I'm a bit of an eclectic sort. I love film, reading, writing, and hiking. I'm also a bit of a gamer, but less so in the last few months. I've done tabletop and online gaming, but find myself doing less and less as I age.

My biggest hope is I get to know a few AB/DL folks, and see if I can't find a more manageable way to live than long and uncomfortable binge/purge cycles with diapers.
    I'll check back on this tomorrow, and I hope I get a chance to hear from and meet a few of you!
    Best,
    -SciScribbler
    Hey mate. I'm just starting out in the health sciences field myself, having had an exam this morning, in fact, on basic anatomy and physiology. Welcome to the site, I'm also into the outdoors and things such as that, hunting, tramping etc.
    I too have had binge/purge cycles, but I find that the best way to cope is to do what feels right at the time, and not to let it get you down.
    Kiwi.

Nice to have these responses! You folks do an excellent job of making me feel welcomed! I do primarily ecological research, in response to Egor's question. But biomedical research sounds fascinating too, I'd love to hear about what you studied!

I only use the e-mail associated with this account for this site, so if you have any questions, queries, or just want to chat feel free to send me a hello!
    And for LilBiker and Kiwiboi, thanks a bunch for saying hello. I'm hoping to get to know a few folks, and so far that seems remarkably doable with this website.
    Thanks for your time! If you have specific questions, I'll happily answer, I just don't know what else I have that's productive to share! I'm still pretty nervous actually talking on a website specifically for something I spent so much of my life trying to keep hidden. As with many of the people I've read about here, I was one of those silly buffoons who admitted my diaper interest to my parents when I was growing up, and to say that it went poorly would be a tragic understatement. In any case, thanks again, and I'm really looking forward to actually getting to know an AB/DL/IC community.

Sorry about not replying, and for dragging this thread up from the dead, but I've been busy this last few days with uni exams...
    Anyway, good to see, and yeah, I often thought about telling mine but it really didn't seem like a good idea.
    Once you hit EC, you can send PMs and whatnot.