Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Can you Live with Yourself?

Default How Can you Live with Yourself?

Just fyi the thread title isn't how it sounds lol. I'm not saying what we are into is bad or wrong at all haha in fact I approve of it.

But what I'm getting at, is how do you wake up in the morning and acknowledge that you have a diaper fetish? There's nothing I can do to make it go away, nothing I can do to get rid of it. It's been with me for as long as I have been able to remember and sometimes I just can't stand the fact that it's a part of me.

I guess what I am wondering is how do you guys deal with it? I hope this doesn't come off in the wrong way but I would give ANYTHING to have 'normal' relationships with women/gals.

I don't normally suffer from such a low self-concept but in terms of my sexuality I guess you could say I do. Any advice I can get from you guys about dealing with this as a part of my life would be much appreciated because I'm going insane. It's hard enough that I've recognized this as part of my life but I need a way to deal with it.

Sorry for being such a downer by the way. Just struggling with life right now. :/

InTheWorld

Maybe part of the problem lies in viewing a diaper fetish as a defining characteristic, or the most noteworthy thing about ourselves. Unless diapers are the ONLY component of your sexuality, you're being too hard on yourself. Chances are that everybody you see on a daily basis has some feature of their sex life or their personal life that they're secretive about or don't want anybody to know. I know I've had trouble with seeing myself as alternately a 'normal person' and then the next moment as a 'diaper person.' I think the key is to start seeing yourself in a more balanced way as a 'normal person who wears diapers,' like someone else might see themselves as a 'normal person who likes (insert fetish here).'

I can completely understand where you are coming from. Having an interest that is not the norm is hard, especially when you have to keep it a secret from people which creates stress in itself (the stress of being found out, of people not accepting you and of people branding you).

Sexuality is a difficult thing to deal with as well. So many people get concerned with trying to "fit in" that when we dont it can be hard to accept and it can therefore have days where you wish you were normal. Unfortunately, there is no quick fix to this. You dont suddenly wake up one day and everything seems normal to you. It takes time to understand yourself and come to accept yourself as you are. I struggled in the beginning to fully accept myself but the more i expressed myself (obviously that being in private because i live on my own for the time being) the more i was able to understand myself and the more i began to accept it. Eventually i just reached a point where i decided that if this was going to be a part of me, it wasnt hurting me and it wasnt going to hurt anyone else that there isnt a problem with it. I guess i also had the fact that studying to be a doctor i get to see lots of out there stuff that people wouldnt normally see. Not to mention that i have to deal with helping someone with a problem that might be extremely embarrassing to them so i cant be embarrassed otherwise they will not want to get help from me again or they might feel like i cannot do my job. So that sort of helped me to develop a sense of perspective on the whole issue for me.

All i can say is give it some time and spend some time thinking about what being AB/DL means to you. How does it help your life? Does it have drawbacks in your life? How do you feel when you get to express yourself and how do you feel if you dont get to express yourself? If you get the chance to seriously think about all of that and figure out how it fits in with your life then you will begin to accept it and start to make it something that you realise is a part of who you are. However, even after figuring all of these things out, it doesnt mean you will magically accept it and be able to live with it. It is just part of the process in figuring out how things fit together.

I have struggled and continue to struggle with it. It's just so stupid!

A few years ago I began drinking heavily, recreationally with friends. It was the proper age. Then I began experimenting with drugs (pot, nothing serious). Well, it can really hit you hard if you're putting too many chemicals into your body, no matter what they are. I thought I was in love with this girl, it actually became an obsession, and when the hammer fell and she broke my heart, blammo, total mental breakdown. A lot of suppressed memories hit me hard, and this weird interest I had (girls in diapers?? wearing diapers?????) became a horrible pit of self loathing. I tried desperately to put the puzzle pieces together, all while loading myself up with drugs and booze.

I'll always regret this next part, yet at the same time I'm glad it happened. I was camping, got way too stoned, and had a nervous breakdown, told my friends everything, including how much I hated myself for it. We haven't spoken of it since. They think I was blacked out (which I damn well was). I didn't remember for the rest of the trip. But clues have been dropped, and flashbacks have hit. I don't have the guts to approach even my closest friends about it, to find out what was said, and who else was told. It was years ago now, I bet nobody even thinks about it.

I guess that's a way I dealt with it. The secret part was the worst part. It was a part of me that I thought, if anyone ever found out, oh man my life would be over. Somehow it worked out, even though it really shouldn't have. I didn't lose any friends, we just don't talk about it, and it's behind me. From now on my private life is my private life, and everybody's got one. Everybody.

Reciprocity is powerful. You can judge all you want, but that dial will turn back on you in a heart beat.

norcal57

Wow
    Sometimes age has its benefits, I have that on my side and with that said I will offer my comments.
    I realized my fasenation early In life (around 7 years old). I didn't understand it but it didn't bother me until several years later when I realized I was different.
    I went through every stage. Frightened, mad,feeling out there and everything but acceptance. I loved it and then hated it. For me, all these years later (lots of years) it is still a part very real part of me.

I just wish I would have accepted it sooner in life. In short, read everything you can find. Stay In Touch with support groups, and don't be hard on your self. Enjoy it, put in on the shelf until it reserfaces, and enjoy it some more. Don't feel guilty!
    I took it off and on the shelf so many times I finally said, I am a true DL, 24/7 4.5 months and have NEVER been happier.
    You are not alone, we are all over the place!

I too found out at an early age (like 3 or 4 years old) i knew i was different but it never really seemed wrong or bad to me, until i was a teenager. Even in my teenage years i never really disliked myself for it(i loved my diapers and was happy/excited when i had them), but at least now i knew that being different can have an affect on the way my peers saw me and reacted to me, and then it became my darkest secret. In HS i started to do it more but i never wore to school. i did get a close trusted friend though and i told him about it, so i had a friend at school that knew. In college... Ok this is getting off topic, but what im trying to say is that I never really had issues with myself liking diapers. I think its cause its always been a part of me, and even though i know that very few ppl like diapers the way i do, i don't look at myself as a person who likes diapers, i look at myself as me. As far as relationships go, i usually go a few weeks until i really start to get the know the person and vise versa, and then I will tell them. I've never received anything more negative than a "thats fine, but i wont do it" from any of my partners, though i have gotten two to try them but it never led anywhere.

Just dont be so hard and judgemental of yourself, your not wrong, bad, weird or anything for liking diapers. people like all kinds of crazy shit, our thing is just diapers. Be yourself and nothing more or less, if someone (even a partner) has a problem with it then you don't need them or want them. We live in the 21st century and your not gonna get stoned and exiled from town for being different. Bottom line its a part of you and you cant get rid of it, so dont beat yourself up and just enjoy being you.

Yup!!!....... Perfectly said!!

Quote Originally Posted by norcal57 View Post
    Wow
    Sometimes age has its benefits, I have that on my side and with that said I will offer my comments.
    I realized my fasenation early In life (around 7 years old). I didn't understand it but it didn't bother me until several years later when I realized I was different.
    I went through every stage. Frightened, mad,feeling out there and everything but acceptance. I loved it and then hated it. For me, all these years later (lots of years) it is still a part very real part of me.

I just wish I would have accepted it sooner in life. In short, read everything you can find. Stay In Touch with support groups, and don't be hard on your self. Enjoy it, put in on the shelf until it reserfaces, and enjoy it some more. Don't feel guilty!
    I took it off and on the shelf so many times I finally said, I am a true DL, 24/7 4.5 months and have NEVER been happier.
    You are not alone, we are all over the place!

norcal57

I think everyone here has gone through the same stages and feelings (similar and or different).

I am very happy I joined this group. The open discussion is very healthy and I am able to see on a daily basis to reaffirm that I am not weird, alone, and proud of myself for being me.
    There is a great article on acceptance, I will see if I can find it.
    Best of luck and wishes

Honesty I don't really think of it that way, I just think of it more as meh its a fetish like any of my other fetishes, I don't think of it as abnormal or weird, just think hey everyone has kinks this is mine.

Had a few issues when I was younger wishing it would go away, but learn to accept its a fetish and not really be bothered about it.

Back when I joined this site and before I to felt well like a freak .
    It wasn't until February of this year that I began to accept for who I am. You just have to dive right into it, on a level that you are comfortable on at meeting at first: and to support it have this site for the use of open communication .