Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Books! Anyone else a book-nerd?

Default Books! Anyone else a book-nerd?

I've been wondering if I was not the only one else here that loves the feeling of a book in your hands! I love to read books, collect them and show off my vast library of books! Books have always been something I've enjoyed and I was wondering if I was not alone in that.

My favorite authors are;
    Tom Clancy
    John Grisham
    Michael Crichton
    Stephen King

I also read books about history, sports history, team history and various other books. I've often found reading to be a great way to unwind and think about things your passionate about.

When I was a kid I always had my nose in books. I did watch a lot of TV yes, but I also read a lot as well. Reading has always been something I enjoy. I will never, ever stop reading!

WildThing121675

I hope I'm not the only other book-nerd here! What I mean by that is this; I'm one who can spend a lot of money at a used bookstore bulking up my collection, spend hours in a bookstore and just read!

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post
    I've been wondering if I was not the only one else here that loves the feeling of a book in your hands! I love to read books, collect them and show off my vast library of books! Books have always been something I've enjoyed and I was wondering if I was not alone in that.

My favorite authors are;
    Tom Clancy
    John Grisham
    Michael Crichton
    Stephen King

I also read books about history, sports history, team history and various other books. I've often found reading to be a great way to unwind and think about things your passionate about.

When I was a kid I always had my nose in books. I did watch a lot of TV yes, but I also read a lot as well. Reading has always been something I enjoy. I will never, ever stop reading!

WildThing121675

I hope I'm not the only other book-nerd here! What I mean by that is this; I'm one who can spend a lot of money at a used bookstore bulking up my collection, spend hours in a bookstore and just read!

I'm right there with ya dude! I have spent a lot of money on used books since 2008, building up my collection from one measly book shelf to having books stacked on top the shelf. I love reading, it's my greatest escape mechanism. I could spend days in a used book store just browsing through every book. I even came to love the smell of old dusty book >..<

My favorite authors are:

Davide Eddings
    Stephen King
    Christopher Paolini
    Terry Brookes
    Clive Cussler
    Tom Clancy

EDIT: I also LOVE John Grisham! The Chamber and The Firm have got to be two of my favorite novels of all time.

I'm a fan of King and the Law Opera novels as well, in addition to most of Heinlein's catalog and there are a few John D MacDonald's I've gotten into but not nearly enough. Used to like Koontz until he started resorting to 3 protagonist characters, 3 villain types and 3 plot lines and stopped setting them all in Orange County

Yeah, a bit: I've only got like 21 cu. ft of books though
    Favorite Authors . . . at the moment:
    Mercedes Lackey
    David Eddings
    David Weber
    David Drake
    John Ringo
    Jim Butcher
    Elizabeth Moon
    JK Rowling
    Neil Gaiman
    Anne McCaffrey
    Phil and Kaja Foglio
    Warren Ellis
    Michael Stackpole
    Aaron Allston
    Timothy Zhan
    Last edited by Traemo; 17-Oct-2013 at 10:08.

I have read most of the authors mentioned.
    I would like to add
    Orson Scott Card
    Kipling

I'm always reading a book My favs are:

Stephen King (Discussion group HERE)
    John Grisham
    Clive Cussler
    and the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz

Quote Originally Posted by WildThing121675 View Post

My favorite authors are;
    Tom Clancy
    John Grisham
    Michael Crichton
    Stephen King

WildThing121675

i read comic but mostly web pages

Sheri S Tepper has written most of my fave books.
    J.R.R Tolkien
    Neil Gaiman
    Kerri A Hawkins (Love the Blood Legacy series)
    Ernest Cline (EVERYONE SHOULD READ Ready Player One)
    Weiss and Hickman for Dragonlance (before they broke it) Darksword (oh yeah they broke it) Death Gate (hmm broken)..... Well they deserve a mention anyway

Comic book writers whos work I always check out:
    Neil Gaiman
    Garth Ennis
    Randy Queen
    Warren Ellis
    Brian Michael Bendis

I really enjoy reading and like to have a few hours alone each night for it. I read a variety of topics and.. well i prefer holding a book in my hand. Reading a book on a computer just isnt the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    I'm always reading a book My favs are:

Stephen King (Discussion group HERE)
    John Grisham
    Clive Cussler
    and the Odd Thomas series by Dean Koontz
    I read one of the Odd Thomas books several months ago and enjoyed it. I recently finished James Altucher's "Choose Yourself" and am almost finished with "Mrs. Peregrines" Home for Peculiar Children". I'm also reading "The Middle Sex" at the moment.