Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jobs where people DO wear diapers?

Default Jobs where people DO wear diapers?

This is a reversal on a recent post. In many jobs, we might be concerned about someone noticing our diapers. But a question that often goes thru my mind is aren't there some jobs where people are much more likely to wear diapers to the point that it is almost expected? Example: Astronaut. I think we all know about that. Or what about the biological or hazardous waste cleanup people who have to put on the bio suits. No way could I hold it in one of those with my OAB. I know Walmart and others have been in the news for people not being allowed bathroom breaks, but I bet that happens more than you think. People in call centers typically have to punch a bathroom code on their phone whenever they get up to pee. Call center folks are reviewed strenuously and would get a talking to for too many bathroom breaks, or maybe fired. Or what about the bomb squad. "Hey Charlie, hold the red wire here for 2 minutes, I've gotta take a leak!"

Just a thought. What jobs might there be where it is common to wear diapers because there's no way to take a break?

I don't think its at all common for people to wear a diaper to work for the sake of the job. Sure there are a few people who wear to work, but that's for an issue they may have.
    Astronaut, deep sea diver in those metal suits. Maby a air force jet pilot. Thats all I can think of.

tower climbers in particular, but other construction workers as well. (which if you think about it, astronauts spacewalking and some scuba divers would be classified as) There was one show I watched where they shadow people doing tough jobs. The pair offered the host a diaper before the climb, he turned them down. But in cases like that, when you're an hour from a toilet when nature suddenly calls, you'd better have some options. I did some brief looking around just now and that seems to be a very unadvertised thing. I can't recall the show I saw that in, probably one of those "world's toughest/scariest/most dangerous jobs" type shows.

Changing your diaper while up on a tower... that'd be basically impossible. I'm sure they just deal with it until they're done and climb down.

Pilots iirc wear condom catheters for long flights. That was one of the sticking points for women in the air force. Not necessarily technically difficult to adapt to, but they were using that as one of the excuses to say NO.

Truck drivers do I have noticed at truck stops a used diaper in the trash also it makes it better to wear as a trucker cause no one can judge you

Quote Originally Posted by Vinylfeet View Post
    . But a question that often goes thru my mind is aren't there some jobs where people are much more likely to wear diapers to the point that it is almost expected? Example: Astronaut. I think we all know about that.
    Except of course for attractive female astronauts -- who apparently only wear tank tops and boy shorts (and no socks) under their space walk suits http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-o...vable?s=mobile

I can't recall the show I saw that in, probably one of those "world's toughest/scariest/most dangerous jobs" type shows.

Wasn't that Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe in the high rise window cleaner episode?

I heard that Judges wear diapers when they have to read out a lengthy sentence and it can take all day and certain security guards, calling diapers the watchmans urinal.

Did you know!
    In the Beijing olympic games during the opening ceremony all the performers and security wore diapers because a bathroom break for the many that may have needed it it was logistically improbable?

I don't think it's really that common. For certain jobs, sure, but only a very small minority. Now if you throw in someone who has OAB issues, then the list of possible jobs that would require a diaper expands tremendously. Myself, for example, years before I had no choice but to go 24-7, I was in a job that required long flights in a small airplane. There was no way I could do that job without being diapered or using some kind of catheter. Impossible. Frankly, since this has been a lifelong problem of mine, I can't even comprehend how people hold it for hours and go only four or five times a day. Incomprehensible to me.

Also, Asian cultures are far more practical when it comes to this subject. We Americans have to uphold our tough guy image and puritanical history even if it's a facade.

I've heard about outside broadcast teams on breaking news stories wearing them, which would make a degree of sense, as you're going to be wherever the story is, which may not necessarily have toilet facilities. It's fairly well known that endurance racing drivers will urinate in-situ, but not sure how practical diapers would be underneath the fireproof gear and race suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyfish View Post
    Wasn't that Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe in the high rise window cleaner episode?
    Yes I'd forgotten about that, same thing happened in that one too.

Well,

As mentioned certain pilot dutys...

I've ferried planes over the pond, and most small aircraft do not have a relief tube in them...and a milk jug only goes so far...never thought about tower climbing...but sounds logical...and practical...I've been up some large towers doing work on repeaters...never seen anyone wearing...but wasn't looking either...but the larger ones we took the elevator...no one wants to climb over 1000' let alone 2000'...

B