Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: start living in a home being cared for my dissability's

Default start living in a home being cared for my dissability's

hello everyone,

i'm currently living on my own with support outside and getting people i'n my home twice a week,

they dont know about my IC because i'm dealing with it on my own, but more importantly i want to hide my stuff to a safer spot, because my shame about it, would you reccommend a big travel case?

also i'm looking for advice for a diaperbag that do not say Diapers onboard !
    that can be used also at home for fast diaper changes, with wipes protective clothing and so on...
    ( did a search on diaperbags but the hits are old and i dont know if its ok to respond to an old thread)

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydeey View Post
    hello everyone,

i'm currently living on my own with support outside and getting people i'n my home twice a week,

they dont know about my IC because i'm dealing with it on my own, but more importantly i want to hide my stuff to a safer spot, because my shame about it, would you reccommend a big travel case?

also i'm looking for advice for a diaperbag that do not say Diapers onboard !
    that can be used also at home for fast diaper changes, with wipes protective clothing and so on...
    ( did a search on diaperbags but the hits are old and i dont know if its ok to respond to an old thread)

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
    If your looking for diaper bags here's site to look at. Diaper Bags | Hayneedle.com : Designer Diaper Bags & Tote Diaper Bags

In terms of diaper bags, I have found that the best and most discreet one is always a backpack. No one really thinks twice about them, and they have a ton of storage! Plenty of room for a few diapers, wipes, creams, etc. No one will bat an eye with a backpack!
    In terms of hiding your supplies at home, a travel case would work! I have seen other ideas on here that recommend putting a lock on a trunk if you are really worried about people finding out.
    Good luck!

Everyone has their own point at which transparency becomes too much. So maybe this wouldn't work for you. Yet if your disabilities require you to have home care, could it be that your care givers wouldn't be all that surprised by your incontinence? It is hard to do (I know!), but my life got simpler when I started letting a few people in on my "secret." And when I did, some told me they had already figured it out, but they had kept quiet because they knew I was embarrassed about it. Goodness! All that hiding and shame for nothing ... I could have just relaxed.

Gym or duffel bags work quite well, and don't really attract much attention. They carry more supplies than the normal backpack, too.

B.

thanks everyone....!

i've followed the advice from Brandi, and it worked out awesome... so no worries anymore... i'm surrounded with upmost loving caregivers so no problem at all...

@Brandi: Yes, for each, there is a 'sweet spot' for which we wish to share or reveal the nature of our incontinence and how we manage. I tend to limit this to the select few who actually might need to know. I'm perhaps more comfortable knowing the fact that 'few are the wiser' when it comes to my
    incontinence...and it remains as such over the past 20-plus years. It's how I manage best and I come down on the side of very limited transparency. Thanks for presenting this concept.

thanks everyone !!

a backpack works ! and put all the stuff in a big storage bag worked also....!!!!