Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to find a cause for why I like diapers so much. Help would be nice.

Default Trying to find a cause for why I like diapers so much. Help would be nice.

I'm trying to find a cause to why I like diapers so much and I'm having a hard time finding it. I was out of diapers around age 3 and never had any bed wetting periods, no nothing. I first remember figuring out I liked diapers around 12 or but I've got no idea how it happened. I have been doing a lot of research on Asperger's Syndrome, which is what I'm diagnosed with and I'm wondering if that could be the reason why I like diapers so much.

Is anyone else here been diagnosed with a form of high functioning autism or something similar?

Also, I have another question about Asperger's, but I'll save that for the mature topics forum since I'm not sure if it would be of use to me to post it here. I'm just going through a hard time right now with everything from diapers and aspergers. Sorry if I say/do different things

EmeraldsAndLime

Everyone is involved in infantilism for a huge range of both unique and commonplace reasons and everyone's level of involvement is varied as well. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone could come in here and tell you exactly why you have it, since the best person who knows you and your life is you. Infantilism has ties with sexuality, psychology, emotions and mentality so getting to the core of the issue is a long journey and one that I think you have to make alone for the majority of the way. Introspection and reflection, I find, is the most effective means of finding out why.

For me I think it's because I had an abusive drunk of a father until I was 13, And I get a lot of crap at school, so maybe infantilism is an escape tool for me or something, I only started indulging in my desires after I attempted suicide at 13.

I have mild aspergers, but I don't think that has anything to do with my desires, but that could explain why I suck at public speaking, hmmm...

You are a function of you DNA and all your life experiences so far. No one really knows what your DNA means, and no one here knows you well enough to guess what effec.t your life experience has had on you. There are quite a few people on here with Aspergers (me included) but whether that is a causal relationship or simply correlation is beyond me. The best thing to do is probably to try and get self acceptance of it - because understanding where it come from is usually difficult and may be nigh impossible. You are having a hard time finding where it comes from because almost every one of us here would. We can produce nothing more then guesses, and in the case of someone we don't really know, even the guesses can be difficult. Good luck at trying to find out, but I'm not sure how much help we can offer.

Infantilism and any other fetish usually comes from some past recurrence or if one finds it to be a comfort object. I have seen many in this website with Aspergers but I don't see a correlation because aspergers has a high prevalence rate. I myself have a very mild form of aspergers. I started my dl experiences at 10 and didn't realize there was something sexual about it until age 14. Just remember that there are many other reasons that one can have a fetish rather than a mental disorder.

My teacher back in grade school thought I might of been autistic. I guess I do show some signs of high functioning autism but I never been to a doctor to really get checked out. Anyways I wanted to try diapers again shortly after potty training. There wasn't any new baby in the family or anything, I just wanted to try and maybe stay in diapers.

So it was never a sexual thing for me until my teen years and I wasn't into trying baby stuff until I was like 13 or so. That was pretty much like "Well I like diapers so I might as well try pacifiers and stuffed animals."

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I'm trying to find a cause to why I like diapers so much and I'm having a hard time finding it. I was out of diapers around age 3 and never had any bed wetting periods, no nothing. I first remember figuring out I liked diapers around 12 or but I've got no idea how it happened. I have been doing a lot of research on Asperger's Syndrome, which is what I'm diagnosed with and I'm wondering if that could be the reason why I like diapers so much.

Is anyone else here been diagnosed with a form of high functioning autism or something similar?

Also, I have another question about Asperger's, but I'll save that for the mature topics forum since I'm not sure if it would be of use to me to post it here. I'm just going through a hard time right now with everything from diapers and aspergers. Sorry if I say/do different things

I used to be severely dyslexic. But I really don't think my dyslexia or your Asperger's really has anything to do with diaper fetishism.

Here's the best way that I know how to describe it.

I'm going off the assumption that you are more of a DL than an AB.

Around about puberty your brain will develop the triggers it needs for sexual arousal. This is something that nobody really can control and it is also the reason why there are so many varied sexual fetishes. These fetishes can become compulsions but for the most part it's relegated to simple things like thong panties, or men with body hair and the like.

Keep in mind that there are socially acceptable fetishes and that which is taboo. And of which there are varying degrees.

Diapers are probably the most taboo of taboo fetishes because of the inherent uncleanliness factor that is attached to excretory elimination. Just about everyone is toilet trained and part of that process is that urine and feces are "icky" or "yucky". I could go further with that train of thought but all I'm envisioning is a psychological quagmire.

Anyway.

I think what you are looking for is permission to like what you like for the completely arbitrary reasons that you like them. Some fetishes you don't get to pick, they just happen because that's what biology has dictated to you. Your brain at puberty latched onto diapers for one reason or another. That's your turn-on, and/or "security blanket" as case may be.

You don't need to make an excuse to like diapers.

Just enjoy it because wearing diapers make you feel good.

You don't need permission to like it.

Just enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    I was out of diapers around age 3 and never had any bed wetting periods, no nothing. I first remember figuring out I liked diapers around 12 or but I've got no idea how it happened. I have been doing a lot of research on Asperger's Syndrome, which is what I'm diagnosed with and I'm wondering if that could be the reason why I like diapers so much.
    I have Aspergers too. I was out of diapers just before age 3 and never wore them again until recently. Although some people with Aspergers have memories of being really young, I never remember wearing diapers. But I do remember always wanting to wear them. I was curious and interested about wearing them even when my cousin 6 months younger was still in them and I was out. That curiosity never fully went away and it resurfaced greatly when I was 13 in 7th or 8th grade.
    I've wondered if having Aspergers could have played a part in liking diapers but I don't think a lot of research has been done on this question. I've stopped obsessing over the "why" aspect and just accepted it. I may never know why I like to wear diapers. I don't even know if I liked wearing when I was little. Wearing them now, all I know is they just feel right.
    My only clue is that I do have memories before age 3 but not specifically of being in diapers. I think I was happy and felt secure. But I remember not being that happy after age 3. Things just felt more disorienting after that.

your mind just made a subconscious link associating diapers with pleasure. That's all. It would be like associating the doctors office with needles or shots. You didn't choose to do this, your mind did it for you.

or so my therapist says....