Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Suggestions

Default Diaper Suggestions

I've been using Abena M4 for the last two years, it is my first premium diaper and i do like it alot, i still have most of a case left. I have two smaller issues with them: one they just dont seem to be squishy like i want(although this isnt that big of a concern) and two they are thick and bulky which makes wearing to work(on occasion) slightly stressful.

I cant get over the fact that there are possibly other just as good diapers out there, so for one i sorta want to see what else is out there. But, Most importantly though i want something that is about as absorbent as an M4(no less than 2/3 as absorbent) while being more discreet, as far as bulky/thickness goes.

I will be ordering some samples soon, and im looking for suggestions on what to try. I'm pretty sure that i will try Tena slip maxi, as well as Abena M3 possibly M2, but other than that im not really sure what else to try.

Im a DL not AB/IC, Male, I live in the USA, my pants size is 32", i will be ordering online, I'm not looking to get anything baby/childish, I will really stress that the general color of the diaper needs to be white(but im not gonna be 100% put off by writing or brand specific deco), I prefer plastic-backed but im not really that opposed to cloth-like either, and something with a higher SAP content is a plus...i think that about covers everything. Also...im pretty well versed in what's on the market, so im mostly looking for your reviews/experience rather than the brands/names.

The two things im mostly looking for are less bulky than Abena M4 and higher squish factor. I plan to keep using M4's, but im looking for something that will fit more discreetly under my work pants, without compromising protection or overall capacity. Im also considering new pants.

well some people really don't care if they're seen. And in a hospital/nursing home venue, there's no reason to hide the packaging. These may have been specifically meant for distribution to such places.

Well,

I wear molicare quite a bit...although they are purple...

But, I don't show them off per se.

I usually wear a onesie out and about with diapers...that's what they are meant for!

B

The tena slip maxi is a good alternative to the m4, it is really thin but just as absorbant. Being a 32 inch waist you may even be able to use the small size but i would order a sample just to be sure! Now there are going to be 50 people that jump in and tell you they swel alot and they do swell but unless you wear skin tight pants nobody will even know they are there except you:-)

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    The tena slip maxi is a good alternative to the m4, it is really thin but just as absorbant. Being a 32 inch waist you may even be able to use the small size but i would order a sample just to be sure! Now there are going to be 50 people that jump in and tell you they swel alot and they do swell but unless you wear skin tight pants nobody will even know they are there except you:-)
    I've read that the Tena Maxi swell alot and actually im pretty excited about that, as that should make them squishier. I'm not really worried about the swelling making them noticable, i have some experience wearing M4's to work, so i will manage, i just want them to be more discreet overall, where as when i wear an M4 they are huge right from the start.

How are the Tena Maxi with leaks? I'd imagine their absorbtion time is a bit longer with higher sap content, but are the leak guards and leg gathers effective at containing moderate-heavy wetting?

How concerned are you with the amount of noise they generate? I ask because Bambino Biancos might be worth looking into, but they can be a little noisy. I don't really consider them all that bulky (and speaking personally, I don't find noise to be an issue in anything but an almost dead-silent environment) and they definitely have a nice "squish factor" to them when they're wet. They don't hold quite as much as the Bellissimos, but they hold as much as I'd really need a diaper to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Brickhouse View Post
    How concerned are you with the amount of noise they generate? I ask because Bambino Biancos might be worth looking into, but they can be a little noisy. I don't really consider them all that bulky (and speaking personally, I don't find noise to be an issue in anything but an almost dead-silent environment) and they definitely have a nice "squish factor" to them when they're wet. They don't hold quite as much as the Bellissimos, but they hold as much as I'd really need a diaper to hold.
    Noise is pretty much a non issue as long they arent as loud as a grocery bag. If i wear at home i can be as loud as i want, and if i wear at work its so loud i can hardly talk to people without yelling. i have no idea about bambino's really but i am interested, i hear they are expensive, and sometimes hard to get. so those are turn off's as well as the way their website is, idk what it is exactly. I like xp medical their website is very professional, and their shipping is great, as well as they have good prices. I have thought about and, I will still consider trying bambinos though.

norcal57

Bambino Bianco
    White, absorbent, great fit, great squish factor, and looks like a diaper not a medical garment. I guess you can tell I like them ha?

Quote Originally Posted by askmelater47 View Post
    I've read that the Tena Maxi swell alot and actually im pretty excited about that, as that should make them squishier. I'm not really worried about the swelling making them noticable, i have some experience wearing M4's to work, so i will manage, i just want them to be more discreet overall, where as when i wear an M4 they are huge right from the start.

How are the Tena Maxi with leaks? I'd imagine their absorbtion time is a bit longer with higher sap content, but are the leak guards and leg gathers effective at containing moderate-heavy wetting?
    I have actually never had one leak unless it was completely full, I am a diesel mechanic and therefore am pretty hard on a diaper especially when you consider how much water I drink during the day BUT being that I am incontinent I usually dont flood a diaper but it does happen and the tena takes it with no problems. fyi they are pretty dang squishy but it takes a bit to get them there.

Quote Originally Posted by KenworthW900b View Post
    I have actually never had one leak unless it was completely full, I am a diesel mechanic and therefore am pretty hard on a diaper especially when you consider how much water I drink during the day BUT being that I am incontinent I usually dont flood a diaper but it does happen and the tena takes it with no problems. fyi they are pretty dang squishy but it takes a bit to get them there.
    I'll keep that in mind. I had another post here about properly putting diapers on, which now that i know where to stick my bottom tapes my abena's actually stopped being as bulky up front(they are still thick diapers though). I had planned to order samples this week but unexpectedly i had to lend my sister $140, so now imma have to wait a few more days at least before i can do so.