Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: leaks while sitting

Default leaks while sitting

anyone know of good diapers that will not leak while sitting down after being wet? or what type of diaper is better for that higher in sap or pulp or whatever? i keep running into the same problem with whatever i buy, when i wet i would say it is moderate compared to a flood but i hear of all of these different diapers holding multiple wettings.

Don't flood your diapers. Wet a little at at time. After diapering run our fingers through the leg gathers to make sure they are facing up.

tip 1 wet slowly not all at once.
    tip 2 allow a couple minutes for the diaper to absorb a good portion of the liquid after wetting
    tip 3 i found wetting while sitting down usualy stops it from leaking cause it will only absorb in the areas that can allow it

let me know if this helps you

I use abena M4 and if put on correctly they practically will not leak, i enjoy a good flood but like you most of the time i just let it all out at a moderate pace. And an abena m4 will easily take multiple wettings even if they are repeatedly in the same zone. standing, sitting, laying down, walking, driving, i've never had an M4 leak unless it was beyond capacity or i didnt get it on just right.

Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    Not to hijack, but could a pair of good rubber pants help this?
    I'm pretty sure that a pair of rubber pants or plastic panties would ruin my diaper fun, i'd honestly rather clean the couch than go this route. A diaper should not leak unless it is abused, and a diaper than can take abuse is a good diaper.

norcal57

You know what I like about this place so much? Everyone gets to express their views/opinions, and everyone else can take all of the great information and decided for themselves. If I ever had a wet spot on my clothing or anything I was sitting on, I would shatter-break-kaboom(ok so I am dork). I use Bambinos during the day, and I always wear snap-on plastic pants over them were ever I go. The snap-on pants let the diaper breathe, but will always (or has always) stopped any leakage from large & sudden wettings. Never had a problem, sitting, standing, running, walking. There are lots of solutions, mine is only one of the many, but it sure works!

Bambinos Rock!
    Last edited by norcal57; 15-Oct-2013 at 05:27.

Quote Originally Posted by norcal57 View Post
    You know what I like about this place so much? Everyone gets to express their views/opinions, and everyone else can take all of the great information and decided for themselves. If I ever had a wet spot on my clothing or anything I was sitting on, I would shatter-break-kaboom(ok so I am dork). I use Bambinos during the day, and I always wear snap-on plastic pants over them were ever I go. The snap-on pants let the diaper breath, but will always (or has always) stopped any leakage from large & sudden wettings. Never had a problem, sitting, standing, running, walking. There are lots of solutions, mine is only one of the many, but it sure works!

Bambinos Rock!

Indeed, I have found that Bambinos can take A LOT, before leaking. I would also recommend doubling up, if using depends or cheaper brands. I actually read it in a fiction once, but w/ cheaper product you can usually us a razor-blade to make 3-4 lines long ways in the plastic( while it is off of course!) and then after putting it on place another over, this does actually allow for a flood. you need a few cuts and only just the outer surface of the diaper(the reason for the razor blade). I have found it sometimes is better to do a wide cut on the front and back, and then a long one down the center. the extra diaper also helps seal in the legs.

\\ this sounds weird I know and I hope no one takes this the wrong way.
    IF DONE AT ALL, ALWAYS DO THIS BEFORE PUTTING ON ARTICLES< SHARP OBJECTS ARE NOT SAFE TO HAVE NEAR THE BODY> obligatory safety mention

sitting down in a wet diaper is going to be risky for any disposable that's past ~ 50% of its capacity. Unless you're talking plastic pants, "the only way to win is not to play". ie don't DO that. Go change into a dry diaper. THEN have a seat.

norcal57

bambinod,
    I agree 100%. It surely depends on how much you wet. I am still a new to the 24/7 scene, but am learning fast. The more you relaxed you are the less total flooding there is, and I have never had a problem while wearing plastic pants (even while sitting in a business meeting). HOWEVER, you need to find your way through this on your own terms, and make sure you walk into it slowly, and don't put your self into an awkward situation. It sure is nice to have a group great people walking though this with me, it was very scary alone. We may not always agree, but we are all here. TYFT