Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sleeping with a paci - Training ?

Default sleeping with a paci - Training ?

so i recent got my first nuk 5 and people always say well it will fall out the first few night blah blah but eventually it will stay in.

First off i wanna know if this is true.

secondly I want to know who can sleep a entire night with a paci in with no disruptions in the night of it falling out. also. for how many nights in a row it stayed in.

thirdly what did you do to teach your body to accept it and let it stay in at night.

is there some kind of process you go through to let your body accept it or is it a natrual thing

cause durning all my day naps thats are 3 or 4 hours it tends to stay in but any longer and it will fall out :|.

also i used baby pacifers for a while i would wake up when it fell out durning the night but eventually i stop putting it in and went back to sleep ever sense i got my nuk5 i have been waking up every time as its falling out or right after it fell out. i sleep with my paci every night cause i wanna train my body to use it all night

Any suggestions are taken in thanks :0

I found that your mouth just gets used to having the pacifier in and it just becomes automatic. Having said that, I didn't really persevere for more than a couple of days -- I'd get a dry mouth and my jaw and teeth would get a bit uncomfortable/achy. At first it would fall out instantly, but the more I got used to it, the longer it stayed in. I think if you just keep using it, your unconscious sleepy brain will get used to it being there... :-)

It will take a little time, but in about a week your mouth should get accustomed to it and it should stay in all night. I've been sleeping with mine now over
    a year. It rarely falls out but when it does I just put it back in.

my jaw has adjusted to the paci i know that but as for dry mouth that is so true. well see what happens over the next week or so i will provide feed back

altho i would like to hear other peoples storys

It varies for me, tho I do not use mine a lot at night.
    I did notice it did fall out at first more often.

For me it does stay in sometimes, tho maybe cause I do not use every night.
    It is always a nice feeling when I wake up and still have the paci in my mouth tho.

Quote Originally Posted by StargazerBleu View Post
    It varies for me, tho I do not use mine a lot at night.
    I did notice it did fall out at first more often.

For me it does stay in sometimes, tho maybe cause I do not use every night.
    It is always a nice feeling when I wake up and still have the paci in my mouth tho.
    i see interesting

I personally have yet to sleep with mine in. If I'm sucking on my paci or its resting in my mouth at night I cant completely drift off. I have to take it out to go to sleep and It makes me

I really had no trouble at all when I first started using a paci. It usually stays in all night for me.

dude i feel bad for you dude i sorry i love sleeping with my paci

Not sure about the training thing. Mine never falls out really it feels very natural in. ... though occasionally I will wake up without it....I think that I probably just didn't want it and took it out in my sleep... But then I just pop it back in, it's never far away.