Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guilt over being little?

Default Guilt over being little?

First I should state this isn't 'guilt' over the wearing and use of diapers, or of not being 'normal'. I've never really been normal and I'm used to it. Nor is it about being 'gross' or strange or anything like that, although my brain likes to toss those out to make me feel extra bad.

Essentially, a while ago I discovered that somebody who I'd trusted to be my CT... really had not wanted to. Or at least, their messages implied that :O It was a very upsetting thing to see, the times when I was at my happiest or most vulnerable being something they despised ('fucking bitch I want to hurt her') or, at best, tolerated. I won't lie, I'm not quite 'over' the pain of that yet, but I've moved on enough to no longer feel like curling up in a ditch every day. In fact, in day to day life, I'm doing better than ever!

However, when it comes to being little, I'm really struggling. I can't see it as 'good' anymore, and if that stopped the urges, that'd be great (sort of), but it doesn't. Instead I end up feeling very guilty and awful for wanting to be little, for burdening my CTs with this. I can't see that they're getting anything out of it, and given the past I am reluctant to trust that it's 'fine' to be this way, or even that they feel privileged to do it. Often, as far as I'm concerned, it is a horrible chore, something they feel they 'need' to do for me to be happy.

This whole feeling just puts an enormous mental block on me being little. I feel it starting to happen and instead of slipping into that wonderful little headspace I resist fiercely, snap at myself in my head, tell myself how disgusting and selfish I am for even considering putting that burden on my 'sister'/Mommy.

Sadly, this carries through to solo times, too. Obviously there's no longer the 'burden' issue, but when I'm alone I feel like being little in itself is a BAD thing. It's a bad thing because it is something my partners don't like, something they feel forced to do. In short, that part of me is a burden and an annoyance and has no business existing, let alone being rewarded with attention from nice people. I can no longer believe when I'm told that part of me is wanted.

I'm basically just wondering if anybody else has ever had issues like this? Although I'm mostly looking for people who've experienced guilt over wanting to be little, I'd also be curious to hear other 'caretaker turned out to not give a shit' stories :B At least I'd feel less alone. And if anybody has dealt with this... how did you re-accept that part of yourself as 'good'?

CrinklySiren

I use to experience heavy guilt for wanting to be little... i always felt like i burdened my friends or my wife whenever i felt my littleness coming on... almost like i was a sick person who they didnt have the heart to tell... almost like i was one of those "try not to stare" people.. I later came to find out that my reasoning for this is because i wanted attention from SOMEONE ( at the time i had no little friends, no abdl friends, no anything) and I wasn't getting the attention my inner child craves (i.e. someone to hug and be playful with, someone to snuggle with and just be little around). But I definitely have felt guilty for being little, but you should realize that if a person is choosing to be your sister/mommy... taking care of little you should "come with the territory" should it not??.... i mean if it doesn't, then why would they call themselves mommies?

The only way i managed to re-accept this part of me is to realize that my friends and wife just don't know how to treat me when I'm feeling little, not in the sense that they feel weird but in the sense that they dont want to say or do the wrong thing to upset me, so they just act like im not being little (but they don't realize how damaging that is for me), so after talking with my wife and my bff, they pretty much just told me to be me and not hesitate on their account simply because they just didn't know how to treat me. Its gotten better because now they give me more affection than before (of course this doesnt include diaper changes or bottle feeding or anything like that, but it includes cuddling and hugging and playing with my plushies and all that.)

I use to not be able to be little when i was alone either because i felt like i was alone for a reason, that reason being that my little self was a mistake or ugly or unwanted or something to that effect, I hate to say this, but the only thing that got me out of that was finding friends to be little with... I learned that when I'm little i have a strong craving for attention and affection and community, community that just cant be provided by online means, i need human contact. Rarely do i ever act little when I'm alone, but then again, rarely am I ever alone anymore.

That's sad, CharliePup. I can understand a lot of that. It seems like basically you thought everything was great and then a caretaker told you it wasn't at all great for her, and so therefore you feel like every future encounter means the caretaker secretly hates taking care of you (or anyone.)

That's sort of "all or nothing" thinking, right? Just because one person did something doesn't mean it applies to all other people. There's people, me included, who love caretaking! Just because someone reacted one way doesn't mean ALL people of that category will react that way, you know? It's hard to probably understand that now because you're still getting over the emotional pain of what happened. And I know it must have seriously hurt, especially when a lot of the pain ended up hitting your very vulnerable little side.

There's potential guilt issues for lots of people, though. Being an AB means the caregiver does the majority of the work during a play session. So how I get by that right at the moment is by taking turns with my partner and swapping roles. Neither of us have to feel guilty when we take turns. It doesn't have to really amount to 50/50 per se, but anything that works for the two of you. If your partner is not an AB her/himself, then I guess you'd have to eventually learn to trust again and retrain your brain that just because one person hurt you doesn't mean all people will hurt you.

I wish you the best of luck with your sister/mommy. You know what? Let's say she does it too. Let's imagine the same thing happens all over again. What will that mean? Nothing! Just because she reacts that way doesn't mean you did anything or you deserve anything. People do what they will. You can't control what people do, nor can you control how they feel about you. Not all people are emotionally mature, or understand how to love, or understand kindness. That doesn't mean anything about you. They have their own issues. You have your own issues. Their issue with you is their problem; not yours. So if worst comes to worst, even, it still means nothing about you. It won't change anything important. Maybe that will help boost your confidence?

Frogsy, I kind of figured you would post here after I read the OP. =P And yeah, I agree with you. There are most certainly plenty of people who would love to be a caretaker of an AB boy or girl. As for myself, I haven't actually tried it but I'm pretty sure I'd really enjoy it!

I kinda understand you though, CharliePup. It just feels like that if you're little, you're only a burden to other people, because you deliberately put yourself in a state in which you need help with everything, and can't give anything in return. But don't underestimate how powerful a loving bond between a little and a caretaker can be. Honestly I have no experience with that either, but I'm pretty sure just seeing my hypothetical baby girl happy would be enough for me, and I hope that if I ever have someone to take care of me, that would be enough for him/her as well.

Of course this wouldn't be the case if you would want to be little 24/7. It's important that you can remain mature at times when it's needed. If that becomes too much of a burden, then your concerns may be legitimate. As long as you can find a balance in life between being an adult and being little, then you just need to remind yourself of one simple thing; that it's not wrong in any way to be an AB!

It's hard enough to learn something isn't what you thought it was when you're in an adult mindspace. But when you're little, when emotions are magnified, it only gets worse. I can only imagine how it hurts to trust someone with this side of yourself, to show how vulnerable you are, only to have that trust broken.

What you're doing now is building up a wall. You're trying to prevent yourself from being little because you don't want to be hurt again. But it's okay to be little, and you can't help it. You also have to remember that your caretaker is there to do just that: care for you. A true caregiver doesn't view his/her little as a burden. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find these people, and like you've already experienced, there's sometimes heartbreak along the way. But that's a part of the journey of being an adult baby.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    But I definitely have felt guilty for being little, but you should realize that if a person is choosing to be your sister/mommy... taking care of little you should "come with the territory" should it not??.... i mean if it doesn't, then why would they call themselves mommies?
    Because they're weak and I'm a big bully and MAKE them feel guilted into doing it? :B They'd never choose this by themselves, they just feel they 'must' because I 'need' it sooo badly.

I'm not saying what I wrote above is necessarily correct/how things really are, but it's essentially how my brain gets around the neat little problem of their self will. In my mind I am simply the most manipulative, mentally overpowering person ever, and I /force/ them to do this. And yes, that sounds absolutely ludicrous phrased that way, and it seems obvious it's not true, but then my head says what if me saying things in such an exaggerated way is a way for me to convince myself I've done nothing wrong? This whole thread could be construed that way... Again, not trying to pull anybody into my crazy, just saying why the 'if she's your mommy/big sister, she must want to do it, or why would she agree to it?' thing doesn't really work too well for my brain. Then there's the fact that this is not the first time this has happened. With that addition, it is a lot easier to paint myself (perhaps correctly) as the villain.

You may have a good point about human contact, though :C since that person left my life, there isn't really anybody I can have that kind of attention from IRL... It is good to hear you relate, on the feeling ugly/unwanted/like a mistake, I definitely do feel that about this part of me!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogsy View Post
    That's sad, CharliePup. I can understand a lot of that. It seems like basically you thought everything was great and then a caretaker told you it wasn't at all great for her, and so therefore you feel like every future encounter means the caretaker secretly hates taking care of you (or anyone.)
    Close! Essentially, I had a good friend who became a CT to me about, I dunno, a year ago? We switched, actually. Anyway, due to them doing something very, very bad unrelated to my little side, we stopped being friends. It was not until later that I was transferring files from my old laptop to my new one that I found chat logs going back to the beginning of our friendship where she had said some very hurtful things about me. Particularly painful were the more recent ones where I was overtly little around her. I know this is probably irrelevant info, I just wanted to make some things clear. Me and this person were not friends at the time of discovery: but it still hurt more freshly as our friendship ending had not been based on her disliking my little side. As for the last line, you have it right on the money there, except for the fact that this is not the first time this has happened to me. Last time, it was the littleness that was the actual reason for the relationship ending.

That's sort of "all or nothing" thinking, right? Just because one person did something doesn't mean it applies to all other people. There's people, me included, who love caretaking!
    Maybe I'm too bad for even them The thought occurs that 'they might like OTHER little girls, but not THIS shitty one.'

Just because someone reacted one way doesn't mean ALL people of that category will react that way, you know? It's hard to probably understand that now because you're still getting over the emotional pain of what happened. And I know it must have seriously hurt, especially when a lot of the pain ended up hitting your very vulnerable little side.
    You're right: I can sort of maybe a little bit see that there may be some CTs out there who will love the little monster inside me... But I don't feel it. And it did hurt, it hurt very much, there is no getting around that, however much I may have deserved it.

There's potential guilt issues for lots of people, though. Being an AB means the caregiver does the majority of the work during a play session. So how I get by that right at the moment is by taking turns with my partner and swapping roles. Neither of us have to feel guilty when we take turns. It doesn't have to really amount to 50/50 per se, but anything that works for the two of you.
    Fortunately, both my partners are LG/ABs themselves, although I often still feel like I'm taking more than I give. That's both based on the reality of the situation (I take the little role more often (NOT because I force it there, I hasten to add!)) and the things in my head ('Ahh, when she is a little girl, she's a sweetheart, I am a needy brat!')

If your partner is not an AB her/himself, then I guess you'd have to eventually learn to trust again and retrain your brain that just because one person hurt you doesn't mean all people will hurt you.

I wish you the best of luck with your sister/mommy. You know what? Let's say she does it too. Let's imagine the same thing happens all over again. What will that mean? Nothing! Just because she reacts that way doesn't mean you did anything or you deserve anything. People do what they will. You can't control what people do, nor can you control how they feel about you. Not all people are emotionally mature, or understand how to love, or understand kindness. That doesn't mean anything about you. They have their own issues. You have your own issues. Their issue with you is their problem; not yours. So if worst comes to worst, even, it still means nothing about you. It won't change anything important. Maybe that will help boost your confidence?
    This is honestly worrying :P I don't know. Perhaps when I am more mature myself it will be useful, but the reiteration of how 'helpless' I am and how frankly, anybody could be lying to me, is... frightening! Ah... But I guess it could be useful to help me move on swiftly if need be. I don't know. It is still hard to remove the idea that, as this is a recurring thing, I am the one with the problem, and of course I am, who could love want such a needy stupid cow, etc. etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Albasion View Post
    Of course this wouldn't be the case if you would want to be little 24/7. It's important that you can remain mature at times when it's needed. If that becomes too much of a burden, then your concerns may be legitimate. As long as you can find a balance in life between being an adult and being little, then you just need to remind yourself of one simple thing; that it's not wrong in any way to be an AB!
    While I do not want to be little 24/7 in the way I think you're implying (constantly being attended to, having diaper changes 'round the clock, my needs always first, etc.), there is a part of me that is 'little' and always there. I guess what I'm saying is, the littleness is not constrained to 'scenes', I can be very attentive and loving when it's needed, I can and have been 'in control' in many adult situations involving people who CTed me (finding our way around a busy town, having to ask for something when they've been nervous), I am not a drooling infant who exists merely to accept love and attention, while providing nothing.

However, upset me, and the littleness comes out. I am easily hurt, over-sensitive, and although I'm quick to 'forgive' (actually, it's less like forgiveness and more like 'I'm sorry I'm such a goober and got sad...') I 'run funny', I get over-excited at very silly things. I am needy and demanding (although I do not actually demand, I have a hard time hiding my emotions, so it is the same really), and things snowball in my mind to convince me a person hates me or doesn't want to do things with me or any number of negative things. I need a lot of reassurance sometimes, and while I don't ask for it from just anybody, the person I spoke about earlier was only slightly exaggerating about needing to 'comfort [me] for an hour or six'. This is all before getting to the whole 'needs diapers' thing.

In short, I'm not worried about taking too much in a 'scene', asking for my diapers changed too often, or other ABDL things. Frankly, as much as I'd miss those, they aren't key to my little side. I'm worried my ~hurpderp NATURAL LITTLENESS~ (or neediness, or whatever) is 'too much', even for those who ask for it. And re-reading what I've written supports those thoughts, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    It's hard enough to learn something isn't what you thought it was when you're in an adult mindspace. But when you're little, when emotions are magnified, it only gets worse. I can only imagine how it hurts to trust someone with this side of yourself, to show how vulnerable you are, only to have that trust broken.

What you're doing now is building up a wall. You're trying to prevent yourself from being little because you don't want to be hurt again. But it's okay to be little, and you can't help it. You also have to remember that your caretaker is there to do just that: care for you. A true caregiver doesn't view his/her little as a burden. Unfortunately, it's not easy to find these people, and like you've already experienced, there's sometimes heartbreak along the way. But that's a part of the journey of being an adult baby.
    The first part of this post is so much truth, and I suspect the latter part is too. And you're kinda right: I'm trying to fight it, but the past couple of days it's slipped out, my mind 'wants' me to do this, no matter how much guilt I feel over it. Of course the next day I end up beating myself up over it and feeling SO much guilt...

I really just feel afraid, honestly, that I will make somebody leave by being too much for them, and it's better to have a little of what I need than none at all. Your last sentences are very reassuring: I hope they're right.

I feel like something has been stolen from me, in a way :C ah well.

Thank you everybody so much for the replies so far! I'm sorry to be such a whiner! <3
    Last edited by CharliePup; 11-Oct-2013 at 05:04.

I can understand that you don't want to feel like you're taking ''too much'' or being ''too greedy'' with your caregiver. After all, they do a ton for us and it's easy to overlook. The best caregivers are those that can tend to the ''whole baby.'' That means not only providing diaper changes and playtime and what not, but simply being compatible with the little's general personality. It depends on what you're satisfied with. To me it sounds like you need the deeper connection, which unfortunately is harder to come by than those who can fulfill your needs during ''scenes'' or ''roleplay.''

Another helpful thing is an open line of communication between you and your ct. You should feel comfortable asking her if you're simply being too much of a handful, and she should feel ok asking you if you could tone it down a bit. But of course she also needs to understand that you come as a complete package, and like I stated in my last paragraph, it really helps if your caretaker can handle ''all of you.''

It also sounds like you really beat up on yourself, saying you're a ''shitty little'' etc. You shouldn't let others' impressions of you, or what you imagine are their impressions, reflect back off of yourself. It sounds like your negative experience with your last ct has left you very insecure, which will make it easier to think so poorly of yourself.

I hope this all makes sense to you :3

My wife recognizes my need to be little and caters to it to some extent. What she doesn't like is the smell of a wet diaper in the morning, so I've changed some of my wearing/wetting habits. I do feel a sense of panic when she mentions the smell, because like you, I have a need for my little side to be accepted.

Our position is not an easy one. When dealing with bodily functions and acting like a baby, we are expecting a lot from our partner. The fact that they tolerate it at all is an accomplishment. Try not to let the rejection get to you. You have to find ways to move past it. We're not going to be able to shake these desires, so we have to find ways to make them work. Striking some sort of balance between our needs and their sensibilities demands talking about it, and being willing to back off.

There is a time and place for this sort of thing. Finding it means giving as well as taking.

Hi Charliepup,

I'm sorry to hear about your negative experiences I can actually really relate to some of the things you've gone through.

This might be a weird perspective, but hear me out on this one, it might help you feel a little better =)

I was in a relationship that was a vanilla relationship, there was no ABDL. The thing was, he was telling me things like "I want to marry you" "I love everything about you" "I love you" "I want to be with you forever" and these things were all lies. First of all, we were only together for three months. While I do believe that "time can't measure love" I thought at the time that it was too soon to be talking about marriage. That just made me feel more softly about him and want to be very careful not to hurt him. I was very open and honest with him about everything, I let him in, and he got to know my personality very well even in that short time. Our relationship ended, and it was actually him that broke it off (Which was odd because just the day before he was talking to me about how much he wanted to get married and be with me forever)

A little while later, I found out he was saying horrible things about me and about my personality(just making fun of me and very cruel insults). I honestly was not sure what motivated any of that, and at the time it made me second guess and blame myself. It made me completely blind to the real reason he broke up with me (Which was because I didn't want to have sex with someone I only knew for 3 months, and he wasn't willing to wait.) It made me wonder what I had done to deserve it, and feel pretty bad about myself... I really beat myself up over it for a couple weeks...

My point is that ABDL or non-ABDL, when we open up to somebody else, when we make ourselves vulnerable, when we show them different sides of ourselves, we are also making ourselves vulnerable to being burned. This is apart of love and bonding of any kind.

It is NOT your fault.

For your care takers to be talking about you behind your back, ESPECIALLY saying cruel things.. that is not love. That is not being genuine. That is not even being a true friend...

-My first piece of advice would be to ask yourself if these are really good friends to be hanging out with in the first place.

-Second, if you are saying "This isn't the first time" and expecting them(or her?) to burn you again, that is a toxic situation. I really hope you will remove yourself from the toxic situation and allow yourself time to heal

-Also, do not beat yourself up. It is not YOUR fault that you trusted somebody and they burned you. Just by what you've mentioned about what they've said, I can tell you that they are not genuine, mature, or honest people. So you should not beat yourself up over their opinions. If they were talking behind your back and being cruel to you, then you shouldn't even bother to wonder why they did it. Who knows what else they are capable of honestly. I say good riddance to that!!

You are not alone!! I know these feelings!! I have been in this situation, even though it was in a non-ABDL context, it is a similar healing process.

How do you re-accept yourself? The first step is to accept that they wronged you, and that it's not your fault.

It had nothing to do with you "being little". It was just about them not genuinely wanting to be a care taker, and being dishonest about that. They were also too immature to know how to communicate with you about this.

Do not blame yourself that you chose the wrong people. In time, you will see the big picture, and realize it had nothing to do with you being little, or your little side specifically.

I think also that when you blame yourself and say "they must have done it because they don't like my little side" That may be a coping mechanism to deal with your the fear that another care taker could secretly hate taking care of you. That is just a guess, it is not me trying to tell you what you think/feel.
    I guessed that though, because blaming your own actions gives you a sense of control "If I don't act like this again, this won't happen to me again". If you accept that is was their bad decision to be dishonest and then talk behind your back; that takes away your sense of control, and makes it a little harder to wrap your head around.

You do have control though!! You can find a care taker that will treat you how you deserve!! and who will be honest with you. You can communicate with them and make sure their intentions are genuine. You can remove yourself from situations where people don't treat you right. You can let yourself heal!

You can find a care taker that will love every aspect of taking care of you, and that will love every aspect of you as an individual! You just have to be patient and please do not settle for people that make you feel bad about yourself!!!

I hope that helps a least a little bit!!
    Please feel better!!

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    I hope this all makes sense to you :3
    <33333 very much so, thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by prettybaby View Post
    Lots of lovely things.
    Ahhhh this post! <3

I was in a relationship that was a vanilla relationship, there was no ABDL. The thing was, he was telling me things like "I want to marry you" "I love everything about you" "I love you" "I want to be with you forever" and these things were all lies. First of all, we were only together for three months. While I do believe that "time can't measure love" I thought at the time that it was too soon to be talking about marriage. That just made me feel more softly about him and want to be very careful not to hurt him. I was very open and honest with him about everything, I let him in, and he got to know my personality very well even in that short time. Our relationship ended, and it was actually him that broke it off (Which was odd because just the day before he was talking to me about how much he wanted to get married and be with me forever)

A little while later, I found out he was saying horrible things about me and about my personality(just making fun of me and very cruel insults). I honestly was not sure what motivated any of that, and at the time it made me second guess and blame myself. It made me completely blind to the real reason he broke up with me (Which was because I didn't want to have sex with someone I only knew for 3 months, and he wasn't willing to wait.) It made me wonder what I had done to deserve it, and feel pretty bad about myself... I really beat myself up over it for a couple weeks...
    I'm sorry you went through this, but it was a really nice story to hear for me, as I could relate to both halves: the second with my most recent CT, and the first, my 'Daddy' actually sent me messages/phone calls the night before reaffirming his commitment to looking after me. It was...jarring, to say the least.

For your care takers to be talking about you behind your back, ESPECIALLY saying cruel things.. that is not love. That is not being genuine. That is not even being a true friend...

-My first piece of advice would be to ask yourself if these are really good friends to be hanging out with in the first place.

-Second, if you are saying "This isn't the first time" and expecting them(or her?) to burn you again, that is a toxic situation. I really hope you will remove yourself from the toxic situation and allow yourself time to heal

-Also, do not beat yourself up. It is not YOUR fault that you trusted somebody and they burned you. Just by what you've mentioned about what they've said, I can tell you that they are not genuine, mature, or honest people. So you should not beat yourself up over their opinions. If they were talking behind your back and being cruel to you, then you shouldn't even bother to wonder why they did it. Who knows what else they are capable of honestly. I say good riddance to that!!
    While my head likes to say 'No, silly, it was your fault, you're just SO BAD...' but I know logically that that behaviour was appalling and not like a 'real friend' at all. Just to clarify though, this person is no longer a part of my life, and I'm trying to make it a point to avoid other toxic people. So don't worry! <3

The final paragraph, is, well... :O It's lovely and I never really thought about it REALLY that way. The idea of not worrying about it... it's quite liberating. Can't swear I won't find myself beating myself up over it a few times after this, but you're right, really. If someone was prepared to do that, they are a person I will never understand, and frankly, I don't care to!

How do you re-accept yourself? The first step is to accept that they wronged you, and that it's not your fault.

It had nothing to do with you "being little". It was just about them not genuinely wanting to be a care taker, and being dishonest about that. They were also too immature to know how to communicate with you about this.

Do not blame yourself that you chose the wrong people. In time, you will see the big picture, and realize it had nothing to do with you being little, or your little side specifically.
    It is hard to see this right now... I still want to see myself as the bad one, as manipulating them into doing this. It's so hard not to, and I honestly don't know the 'truth' of the matter. At the very least I can admit I was wronged, to an extent.

I think also that when you blame yourself and say "they must have done it because they don't like my little side" That may be a coping mechanism to deal with your the fear that another care taker could secretly hate taking care of you. That is just a guess, it is not me trying to tell you what you think/feel.
    I guessed that though, because blaming your own actions gives you a sense of control "If I don't act like this again, this won't happen to me again". If you accept that is was their bad decision to be dishonest and then talk behind your back; that takes away your sense of control, and makes it a little harder to wrap your head around.
    I think that's right, though, spot on, honestly. The idea of not having any control over whether someone loves me/likes me or not, the idea something bad like that could happen and there's nothing I could do to stop it... That is so scary for me! :C So in some ways it's better to be the bad/poisonous one, if I am so bad and awful, at least I am the one making things happen, rather than a passive 'victim' of them. You're very insightful.

You do have control though!! You can find a care taker that will treat you how you deserve!! and who will be honest with you. You can communicate with them and make sure their intentions are genuine. You can remove yourself from situations where people don't treat you right. You can let yourself heal!

You can find a care taker that will love every aspect of taking care of you, and that will love every aspect of you as an individual! You just have to be patient and please do not settle for people that make you feel bad about yourself!!!

I hope that helps a least a little bit!!
    Please feel better!!
    Ahhh! Ablublublublu! :') such tears, such happiness! You're so sweet! Thank you so much! Your post really made me feel a lot better! Thank you thank you! So many hugs! <3