Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Diapers vs Adult Boosters vs Baby Boosters

Default Baby Diapers vs Adult Boosters vs Baby Boosters

I want to find the answer to a question I've been thinking about for some time. What is the best price:quality ratio option to extend the capacity of diapers. so my question is is which of the three options offers the best quality to price ratio? Some suggest adult diaper boosters, some suggest using baby diapers, and others suggest boosters meant for baby diapers. To those who have used each which do you feel offer the best added absorption for the price?

From personal experience I like to use Pampers diapers as boosters. I think that they work exceptionally well. Especially for me as a college student. 10 bucks for 25 diapers? I'm good with that. And they work okay.

Quote Originally Posted by incontinentGM24 View Post
    From personal experience I like to use Pampers diapers as boosters. I think that they work exceptionally well. Especially for me as a college student. 10 bucks for 25 diapers? I'm good with that. And they work okay.
    High quality boosters go for about 50 cents/ea. so those would be a bit cheaper I suppose... tho not sure if more or less capacity?

I usse either Huggies sz 5 or 6, or Pampers 5-6-7 whatever is on sale and in stock, they all absorb about the same, far better then any plain adult booster I have ever tried. I never noticed much difference with the "Overnight" versions of either, I think they are just a cash grab. On sale & with a coupon, in Canada you can get then for 15-20 cents a piece for the Jumbo box, that is what I go with, as I use them all the time. You can even double them up if you need an all day diaper without too much of a buldge, first one soaked, just remove and carry on!

I'm just curious here in what kind of diaper you put the baby diapers to use them like boosters, I feel like if I put them in a regular adult diaper, they won't stay where they should be and wouldn't be useful at all... I sometimes put some baby diapers inside of a GoodNites, since the GoodNites are really a tight fit on me (of course, I'm nearly 40" at the waist and they are not made for adults, I know that but I still enjoy them, they absorb a lot for me) the baby diaper is held tight and it seems to work well, but without the GoodNites, I'm not so sure they would do their job so well in just a regular adult diaper...

XP Medical has some very good adult boosters, pricey but good.

CrinklySiren

I use the bambino quadro boosters. They add thickness and they swell up when wet just like bambinos... the only downside is that the pulp sometimes comes out easily >_< and thats a pain to clean. If I don't have that, I just use a Luvs diaper.

I'm not a big fan of using a diaper as a booster but I do occasionally use 3T-4T pull ups with adult diapers. Just be sure to cut the crap out of the bottom and hope the SAP doesn't fall out when its wet. It has a tendency to do that.

In my opinion any baby diaper, adult pad or pullups make great stuffer if you stuff the diaper in the inside by pulling the back apart. (Some diapers you cant do this and you will need to cut them open.) I call it the "Pamperchu" method, though I figured this out long before he made his tutorial video. You can find this great tutorial video here: . This method allows most pads to absorb their maximum amount while letting the leg gathers in the main diaper do do their job, preventing leaks. The problem with stacking the "stuffer" in between the leg gathers of the main diaper is that the stuffer swells when you wet it, and further wettings can cause leaks as the stuffer pad has swelled more than hight of the leg gathers. I would use whatever you can find on the cheap or anything you may have purchased but really cant use by them selves. This method can make even the cheapest, crappy diapers good. Some of my favorite "stuffers" are Tena Serenity overnight and Depends Realfit that I got for almost free with coupons and promotions. If you like prints, baby diapers, pullups, Goodnites and Underjams work really well, and many of them you can remove the "cloth like" outer layer so that it shows through the diaper. Many generic pull-ups baby, bedwetting, and adult have the absorbent pad glued to the undergarment portion and you can easily separate them by pulling them apart. Try it and post your results.

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    In my opinion any baby diaper, adult pad or pullups make great stuffer if you stuff the diaper in the inside by pulling the back apart. (Some diapers you cant do this and you will need to cut them open.) I call it the "Pamperchu" method, though I figured this out long before he made his tutorial video. You can find this great tutorial video here: . This method allows most pads to absorb their maximum amount while letting the leg gathers in the main diaper do do their job, preventing leaks. The problem with stacking the "stuffer" in between the leg gathers of the main diaper is that the stuffer swells when you wet it, and further wettings can cause leaks as the stuffer pad has swelled more than hight of the leg gathers. I would use whatever you can find on the cheap or anything you may have purchased but really cant use by them selves. This method can make even the cheapest, crappy diapers good. Some of my favorite "stuffers" are Tena Serenity overnight and Depends Realfit that I got for almost free with coupons and promotions. If you like prints, baby diapers, pullups, Goodnites and Underjams work really well, and many of them you can remove the "cloth like" outer layer so that it shows through the diaper. Many generic pull-ups baby, bedwetting, and adult have the absorbent pad glued to the undergarment portion and you can easily separate them by pulling them apart. Try it and post your results.
    Gosh, was that really Pamperchu? I haven't seen him around for a while. Nice video, by the way - may try this out sometime.