Thread: Tena Slip Ultima

Default Tena Slip Ultima

Hi everyone

Incontinence choice have finally stocked tena slip ultimas , i have just bought 3 packs and will get back to you on performance.

But for now , first impressions.

It looks like any ordinary pack of Tena slip , untill you look at the absorbency drops which now has nine drops and claims to absorb as much as an abena M4 , which is a task by any means

Upon opening the pack i wasn't to surprised to find that they are indeed cloth backed , that doesn't bother me at all , however it does have a plastic landing zone for the tapes which haven't changed except they seem slightly wider

The pad itself looks great , its almost all white apart from the landing zone and the dual striped yellow wetness indicator and some numbers and writing , probably from production

Its not as thick as i thought it would be but that might be because it hasn't had time to "fluff" up

Having put it on it feels very nice and snug , yet to wet it so as i say i will get back to you on performance and i will upload some pictures

Tried them while ago...

for my taste: too much absorption ...

And as I don't need that much absorption, the price "increase" isn't something I'm going to put up with.

But beware: they BLOAT - they're pretty thin when dry... but damn, they balloon up once wet.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    But beware: they BLOAT - they're pretty thin when dry... but damn, they balloon up once wet.
    They swell a lot? Interesting. Tena Slip Maxi swell a lot too, do these swell more?

I'm put off by the cloth-backing, but I'll likely give these a try eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by PascalParrot View Post
    They swell a lot? Interesting. Tena Slip Maxi swell a lot too, do these swell more?

I'm put off by the cloth-backing, but I'll likely give these a try eventually.
    like a LOT more...
    Fair enough, the Tena Maxi already swell / expand quite a bit, but the ultimas put them to shame in that regard.

However to me, this is just one more reason I don't like them.

i love them i purchased some through ebay and they came and then i thought i will try 1 of 21 tena slip ultimate medium its holding a lot more than i thought not changed yet and might slep in it till morning then put a tena slip maxi on for work ummm like wearing 24/7 any one in uk eastmidlands ares message me as friends Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-10-14 08.24.34.jpg 
Views:	16752 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	18831
    Last edited by mansfieldboi; 14-Oct-2013 at 22:51. Reason: remove link

Got a pack of these a few days ago and have been giving them a try. I got a pack knowing tena were going cloth backed and wanting to give the new backing a try.

As it turns out, I personally don't mind the cloth backing.

They seem to hold more than tena maxi and the crotch seems wider. They do swell more but again that does not bother me.

The only thing I really am getting annoyed about with them is when I put them on tight at night and the plastic tape landing zone, separates from the cloth backing and causes the diaper to come looose. I do move about a lot but never had that problem with plastic backed tena maxi.

Overall I will not really mind when tena all goes cloth backed and I am looking forward to wearing the rest of the pack of ultima.

However at paying over double how much a pack of maxi cost me, I will be carrying on wearing maxi.